Diablo® III

Cluster Arrow, cluster bomb rune.

I want to know why the cluster arrow, cluser bomb rune, on the demon hunter class does not go over the walls created by elite and champion mob groups. The animation clearly shows the arrows arch into the air far higher than the walls created by the mobs.

Please explain to me how a wall that is 2-3 feet shorter than the path of the arrow is STILL blocking the arrow? This seems like a painfully stupid issue to not address for so long.

The "waller" mechanic is already incredibly biased against the demon hunter class, why continue to make it more so?
Reply Quote
Because physics isn't one of their priorities.
Reply Quote
walls are sky high, or reaching the "cieling" as blue have stated. Visually that would mask too much of the game... so they look short

Did you know multishot punctures them? I wish a few legend items allowed wall pierce..
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/29/2013 6:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
This has nothing to do with physics and everything to do with in-game consistency.

If you go through the trouble to animate an arrow arching through the air, than it better arch through the air and over anything that does not exist in-game at that height.
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 06:36 PMPosted by zoid
walls are sky high, or reaching the "cieling" as blue have stated. Visually that would mask too much of the game... so they look short

Did you know multishot punctures them? I wish a few legend items allowed wall pierce..

I have never seen a blue post addressing this issue.

Also, if multishot pierces the wall, why not hungering arrow - a skill that is designed to pierce targets?

This all go towards in-game consistency, and should be addressed.
Reply Quote
I love waller with LfB since it can keep mobs and my grenades all in one small area. Then again sometimes it locks movement..

good with the bad
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Dawn2Dusk
This all go towards in-game consistency, and should be addressed.

There's tons of in-game consistencies :)

Anyways.. you can use it to your advantage if you know how to.

also what zoid said.

and.. look at it this way regarding hungering and multishot. Hungering fires an arrow. Multishot fires a stream of energy of sorts that bypasses Waller affix ;)

Where's the logic there, right? :P
Reply Quote
View profile
12/29/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Dawn2Dusk
I have never seen a blue post addressing this issue.

It's very consistent if you look at it. The waller wall are made to block projectiles and ranged attacks. And as a demon hunter most of our attack has a pass that can be blocked. The devs can very well make them into a spell that just line on the ground with rays flashing off the ground and its going to be same affix.

12/29/2013 06:36 PMPosted by zoid

I only know the animation does, but I have never saw those arrow deal damage...
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 06:52 PMPosted by KirusAlufras

Try it ;) I think Evasive Fire WAS able to do it also but was changed.. but that was long, long ago.. Try them both :)
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 06:54 PMPosted by Chrizzle

Try it ;) I think Evasive Fire WAS able to do it also but was changed.. but that was long, long ago.. Try them both :)
They fixed Evasive Fire. It used to pierce walls (world walls and Wallers alike).

I should test out Multishot when I come across a Waller elite without too many dangerous affixes. It's my new favourite skill :3
Reply Quote
it can't.

someone was spamming it at walls on PTR and the mob LOOKed like it was being hit...and I asked if it pierced waller and they said "yes" and I just believed them...

it can seem like it , but clear testing has shown me: no
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/29/2013 7:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
The projectile animation pierces, but no actual damage on the mobs on the other side of the wall.
Reply Quote
So the only way to hit those on the other side of the wall is to use Grenadier Passive on Cluster Bombs :3 and pray that the additional AoE will hit them and will deal GREAT amount of damage if it could because it'll force all Grenades to drop at the imminent area, compressing it.

12/29/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Oble
They fixed Evasive Fire. It used to pierce walls (world walls and Wallers alike).

Yeah, I know they fixed it. It was my favorite then mainly because I can still hit regardless of obstacles :(
Reply Quote
View profile
12/29/2013 10:59 PMPosted by Chrizzle
So the only way to hit those on the other side of the wall is to use Grenadier Passive on Cluster Bombs :3 and pray that the additional AoE will hit them and will deal GREAT amount of damage if it could because it'll force all Grenades to drop at the imminent area, compressing it.

It doesn't afaik.

Same goes for spike trap. The damage is blocked by the walls. Those walls block all attacks except for melee, rockets, and archon beam.

But please fill me in if some one did detail testing an it works :)
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 11:52 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
It doesn't afaik.

Lol. We're trolled big time by Wallers.

12/29/2013 11:52 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
Same goes for spike trap. The damage is blocked by the walls. Those walls block all attacks except for melee, rockets, and archon beam.

Use Spitifre, MS-Arsenal and Ballistics passive :P
Reply Quote
^ I noticed with RF:Bombardment if they explode on the wall, mobs on the other side of the wall can still receive the damage if they're close enough to the wall.

Overall, us Demon Hunters get trolled by a lot of elite affixes that don't really bother melee attackers, such as Fast, Vortex, Teleporter, Waller, Jailer, Mortar, Missile Dampen... None of these really bother a melee class. I mean, we can work around them but we still get punished for trying to stay ranged and shoot projectiles; melee classes on the other hand can pretty much laugh at these affixes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]