Diablo® III

All companions / Sentries fire Hatred spender

I'm sure someone may be interested in this set or even seeing it in action.

www.twitch.tv/pcgamesn/b/490816449

enjoy

I like to add I actually enjoyed watching this and it looked like real fun to play. Having all these pets with sentries opens up viable role in groups.
Reply Quote
ehh... It looks broken.

I rather have the sentry shot our generator after skipping through the whole thing (took less than 10 min). I was surprise to see Cluster Arrow and Multishot in the sentry. Everything else is expected except I was thinking that sentry's primary attacks will be replaced. But it didn't. And the animals are very annoying. Better if they replace the animals with a clone and have the clone active all the bonus the animals currently has and have the clone use skill on your bar.

Since you watch the most of it (I assume) can you fill me in which skill can be fired.
I expected
- Impale
- Chakram (all rune except for shuriken)
- Elemental Arrow

Channeling Skills cannot be used by clones afaik - applies to all class (2/24)
Discipline Skill doesn't count in (7/24)
Hatred Generator doesn't count in (5/24)
Device and Rain (delay skills) doesn't count (5/24 - including the *new* skill)

Only 5 skill can be used by that bonus, which I think is why it can also shot CA and MS.

I saw 4 out of the 5 skills left in the tree. I didn't see Impale nor did I saw all the runes but if it works for one it should work for all.
Reply Quote
12/28/2013 10:09 PMPosted by KirusAlufras

shuriken can be activated by the sentries. the sentries can use every hatred spender except channeling skills. what doesn't work is the sentry chain of torment.

multishot with suprresion fire does not work. life regain with nether tentacle works.

every sentry will cycle trough your hatred spenders at random and every hatred spender has its own cool down. if i remember correctly ca is around 6 sec, elemental arrow is around 3 sec.

all in all, there is a lot of potential but it lacks 1 thing, speed. to put down all your sentries it needs time, a lot of time and for that the bonus seems a little bit lackluster.
Reply Quote
12/28/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Acra
the sentries can use every hatred spender except channeling skills

Everything? Including Fan of Knives and Spike Trap?

Rain of Vengeance is not a Hatred spender it doesn't proc Thrill the Hunt on live (I didn't test in the ptr). And Those Chains are not sentries so they don't work the same. Its well known (I think).
Reply Quote
I don't get why sentry even needs a CD, should be removed. Sometimes I hate that everything has a cooldown :(

I agree that the 3 sec timer needs to go too. Instead of arrows it should be blasting the hatred spender.

I do like the companions, I guess not having the bat is a bug (should be reported). Imagine if you have puzzle ring and the dog pet from RoS limited edition, feels like a zoo :D
Reply Quote
12/28/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Acra

shuriken can be activated by the sentries. the sentries can use every hatred spender except channeling skills. what doesn't work is the sentry chain of torment.

multishot with suprresion fire does not work. life regain with nether tentacle works.

every sentry will cycle trough your hatred spenders at random and every hatred spender has its own cool down. if i remember correctly ca is around 6 sec, elemental arrow is around 3 sec.

all in all, there is a lot of potential but it lacks 1 thing, speed. to put down all your sentries it needs time, a lot of time and for that the bonus seems a little bit lackluster.

The cooldown on sentry fire rate is then the balance to stop it being op right??? It will also stop it from being useful for sentry focused builds.

As a lot of sentry builds stack aps to get an attack every third of a second...i would rather have it cast impaling bolt 3 times a second then have it cast an elemental arrow once eveything 3 seconds
Reply Quote
I really need to test this.. I sure do hope I get the chance >_<

Video seems to not load for me.
Reply Quote
Nice to see someone else that games with Q701s instead of the usual crap headphones, lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]