Diablo® III

beta-avatar.jpg

If I remember right, there were only two portraits for D2 and D2L. See for yourself.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27852455023&sid=3000

I bet we get one portrait to not confuse things since SC1, WOW, and D3 players can come here. Either way, I don't mind. I know who's who when here.
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 11:26 AMPosted by darkvoid
ptr, look at how many items don't have an image. They just have a place holder for now. Think they worrying about a avatar?

Right, but I think our point is that this should have been included since the game was released...
Reply Quote
I don't think anyone is saying this is top shelf priority.

However, I also believe the web development team is separate from the game development team. Correct me if I'm wrong?
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Zyron
not to mention the website team is different than the development team. so it would take absolutely no time from the production of the game to add some sort of avatar system.

They will hit the ground running after the holidays..

Gosh I hope so!
Reply Quote
When forum customization comes from other games :)
Reply Quote
We know D3's still in beta, but forum avatars too eh?
Reply Quote
I think after the interesting launch and subsequent fan uproar for various reason, this was put so far on the back burner it disappeared. I think that if any time is a good time to get some avatars now would be it, given the new class!
Edited by einhinder1#1843 on 12/30/2013 6:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
who knows, with the 2nd beta coming out, maybe we'll get a "beta-avatar#2"
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 07:45 PMPosted by PureLaine
http://us.battle.net/d3/static/local-common/images/d3/portraits/beta-avatar.jpg?v=58-73

This isn't even funny anymore, it's just pathetic. I mean, it's bad enough that they can't stir themselves to create some class portrait forum avatars or something, but after selling 14+ million copies of the game, was renaming the damn file too costly and time-consuming for Blizzard?
Reply Quote
should be endgame-avatar.jpg
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 09:41 PMPosted by OneL
n what Universe Does This equate to Truth???

The same universe that people keep giving their money to Blizzard for this garbage.
Reply Quote
C'mon guys. We demand forum avatars!
Reply Quote
I've been saying all along that they should use the banner icon and accent as the forum avatar. How hard is it to pull that info from the database?

2 years have past and nothing has been done. How sad...
Reply Quote
LOL this is hilarious. It really sums of the feel of this game and it's problems since launch.

...beta, LOL
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 07:14 AMPosted by PaMan
lol.. thanks for this info OP.. didn't know this has been in beta 2 years after release :P

well we knew :p. it just wasnt official
Reply Quote
Guys, quit being haters... we all know Blizzard is going to give us new avatars in Patch 5.0 and 3 expansions down the road (ETA year 2024).

Sheesh, you guys always feel so entitled to everything. Just wait another ten years and give Blizzard more money and THEN we'll think about moving out of beta phase!

Soon. Very soon.
Reply Quote
I am guessing they would need the Art Asset department to create avatar's, howeve I say pay some OT we need avatar's to cement our identities.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]