Diablo® III

Xbox One?

Blizzard, we need an answer.

Both consoles are selling like hot cakes, so are you releasing a Xbone version or not?

I currently own the gimped always online version playing from Australia at 240-290 ping and would like to play the offline version.

Cheers bro.
Edited by Benedictus#1635 on 1/3/2014 12:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
I saw them on futureshop and Best Buy Canadian webpage. I dont know if it is confirm or not.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/product/blizzard-diablo-iii-xbox-one-diablo-3/10255657.aspx?path=4f7d8ba66e94b0eaebc89748ac14e4d9en02

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/blizzard-diablo-iii-xbox-one-diablo-3/10255657.aspx?path=a489b7725dd74328c0173315c0be7af3en02
Reply Quote
All retailers around here in my state in the US are all piled with tons of XB1, they are not selling. PS4 sells out as soon as they come in, non stop. PS4 is just a better system, at least based on the reviews, articles, and evidence of the mconstantly being sold out after getting several shipments in while the XB1 collects dust. D3 exclusive to PS4 -so far- just makes it even more awesome.
Reply Quote
the need to go were the money is xbox one
Reply Quote
Both PS4 and xbox one are selling millions of consoles every month so odds of Diablo 3 being on Xbox One are 100%!
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 08:39 AMPosted by Imperius101
Both PS4 and xbox one are selling millions of consoles every month so odds of Diablo 3 being on Xbox One are 100%!

agree
Reply Quote
best buy & futureshop are the same company

My bet is D3 will be on XBox One. If you need an official answer, you'll have to wait on that. Also, they don't pay attention to these forums.
Reply Quote
Well if they release it they better do it on release or else I'll just buy it on the !@#$ always online PC version.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/03/2014 12:22 AMPosted by Benedictus
Blizzard, we need an answer.

Both consoles are selling like hot cakes, so are you releasing a Xbone version or not?

I currently own the gimped always online version playing from Australia at 240-290 ping and would like to play the offline version.

Cheers bro.
While we’re really excited about being able to offer Diablo III content on the XBox 360, PS3, and PS4, we don’t have any further platform announcements to share at this time.
Reply Quote
WOW A BLIZZ POST THAT'S AMAZING!!!!
*falls off chair*
Edited by samsaz81#1421 on 1/3/2014 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
01/03/2014 04:56 PMPosted by Vaeflare
at this time

Those damn timed Sony exclusivity agreements. Its like an e-gag order.
Reply Quote
This is quite literally going to determine which console I'm going to buy.
Reply Quote
Are you referring to how you released vanilla on ps3 and xbox360? Or am I to interpret that RoS is coming to those platforms as well?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/03/2014 05:34 PMPosted by Ron
Are you referring to how you released vanilla on ps3 and xbox360? Or am I to interpret that RoS is coming to those platforms as well?
The original poster was only talking about Diablo III in general, as was I. At this point, we have only announced that Reaper of Souls is coming to Windows and Mac, and that the Ultimate Evil Edition is coming to the PS4. We do not have any further announcements at this time.
Reply Quote
The original poster was only talking about Diablo III in general, as was I. At this point, we have only announced that Reaper of Souls is coming to Windows and Mac, and that the Ultimate Evil Edition is coming to the PS4. We do not have any further announcements at this time.

That's about what I figured, it's just so common that when discussing the PS4 version, the other's are also mentioned, leaving it a bit more open for interpretation than intended.

Just hoping the PS4 version makes as much improvements to the base game as the Ps3 version did to PC. I often come back to the PC version because of Bnet and the smoother framerate/higher resolution, but the gameplay and progression on console is just soo much better.

Here's to hoping!
Reply Quote
Odds are, it will release on Xbone, I say this because they have obviously dropped all support for the 360 version, we are several months past the release and there is still ongoing bugs and issues, some which Blizzard wont even address (duping) and on the bug report forum there hasnt been any updates or hotfixes for months. So they are concentrating on making the Xbone version less broken or they have dropped console support all together for RoS PC. Which honestly I find very irritating considering I dropped another $60 for game. Hopefully we get a free upgrade :) oh wait, its Blizzrd, Standard Xbox One Edition: $59.99, if you bought it on 360 already, Upgrade: $69.99 :P
Reply Quote
Don't you think the reason why the xbox version hasn't received a patch, nor hasn't had an announcement to be a sign that it's possible it won't come to xbox one?

I mean, the patch they made for ps3, could very easily be applied to xbox if there wasn't something standing in their way, namely: Microsoft.

It's no secret that microsoft makes game publishers pay to patch content. just as they don't make it easy to provide services outside of the live environment. It could just be microsoft being difficult to work with that's making it hard to announce an xbox one version.

That being said: Duping is integrated into the game just on the basis that your account is not saved online and only is "accessed" through their servers. If either console versions were on dedicated servers, and made that character dedicated to "online only", then it could be enforced. But as it stands right now, it's on an individual hosting basis and those games are very open to exploitation.

The way the game is designed on console is very friendly to single player progression. You don't need to rely on trades to acquire your gear, and you'll find the game much more enjoyable if you don't. If you don't want to faceroll games with players who have duped OP gear, then just block them, and join/make another game. You don't need that level of babysitting.

That being said, I'd love it if they did introduce dedicated servers. The lag I get playing on some hosts is probably how the Aussies feel playing PC...lol
Edited by Ron#1676 on 1/3/2014 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 07:22 PMPosted by Ron
I mean, the patch they made for ps3, could very easily be applied to xbox if there wasn't something standing in their way, namely: Microsoft.

FYI the Xbox 360 version has that same exact same patch. just took a couple of weeks to get it out there and available.
Reply Quote
240-290 ping

we don’t have any further platform announcements

You people. So useless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]