Diablo® III

Xbox One?

A blue posted here ? This is a miracle :O....unfortunately he said nothing useful despite other topics without a reply since months....
Reply Quote
While we are at it, any hope for a Steam Big Picture console-like version for PC? Note: I'm not asking for an offline mode to the existing game here. I ask if you could consider another release of the game for the Steam (both Steam OS and Windows) platform, which would work like the console version, including controller support.

If that's what it takes to get offline Diablo on my PC, I'd buy the game again. But I won't buy a PS4 just for Diablo offline.
Edited by Ceriulun#2442 on 1/4/2014 5:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ah well. Can't get a PS4 to save my life. XBone is everywhere in stores. That sucks that there's no eta for D3 on it.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 06:19 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We do not have any further announcements at this time.

This is basically what they have been saying for awhile now people. It does not confirm or deny the possibility. You just have to wait and see.
Reply Quote
Mircosoft and Sony actually have almost the same policy when come comes to patch and add on content. Sony does charge for patches if your your company decides not to do a pre submission and if your patch submission fails more than twice, this is the same as mircosoft. There are a few reasons why patches show up at different times for different consoles, the most common is that it will pass on one console and fail on the other. The rule book for TRC and TCR standards are different on each console. PC based developers fail these submissions a lot because there is no TRC/TCR rule book for PC and they just don't account for them in the manner they should.
Reply Quote
It will come to Xbox One. No doubt about it. They didn't announce the 360 version of Diablo 3 until the day it came out.

Both consoles are selling just as well as each other. The Xbox One is less powerful but easier to develop for with it's OS being more like a PC than a PS4. So porting Diablo 3 to it should be easy even if they haven't "officially" started.
Reply Quote
Thank you Vaeflare for keeping the diablo community in the know! :)
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 02:01 AMPosted by reddit
240-290 ping

we don’t have any further platform announcements

You people. So useless.
I wouldn't have put it this STRONGLY however D3 is/has been a train wreck since day 1 and I'M not sure they way their doing thing's it's savable :-(
Reply Quote
Both consoles are selling just as well as each other. The Xbox One is less powerful but easier to develop for with it's OS being more like a PC than a PS4. So porting Diablo 3 to it should be easy even if they haven't "officially" started.

Really? Many sources disagree with you. Vehemently.

I'll just leave this here...
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/173403-ps4-sales-accelerate-towards-christmas-beating-the-xbox-one-by-almost-2-to-1

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/5529/20140104/ps4-vs-xbox-one-sales-specs-features-opinion-playstation-4.htm

http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/01/xbox-one-vs-ps4-whos-winning-so-far/

Market predictors estimate that PS4 will outsell XBoxOne by over 30% in the long-term (2016). So yeah, gg with those rose-colored glasses you're wearing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
i have to disagree that both are selling like hot cakes. all stores i go to have zero ps4 but all have a good deal of xbox ones. i was at walmart last night they had where they sell the xbox ones full but they where sold out and on back order on the ps4. i only know that since i went with a friend who wants a ps4 i could care less about them both.
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Maeri
i have to disagree that both are selling like hot cakes. all stores i go to have zero ps4 but all have a good deal of xbox ones. i was at walmart last night they had where they sell the xbox ones full but they where sold out and on back order on the ps4. i only know that since i went with a friend who wants a ps4 i could care less about them both.

That's because Sony didn't have near the stock as Microsoft did.

Here in Australia EB games got an average of 40-50 PS4's per store vs over 400 for the Xbox One.

Look at sale stats, not availability.
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 04:56 PMPosted by Max
It will come to Xbox One. No doubt about it. They didn't announce the 360 version of Diablo 3 until the day it came out.

That's not true, the Xbox 360 version was being advertised for months before it came out. I know because I was following the ads and looking forward to it, and bought it for Xbox soon after it was released.
Reply Quote
95 Human Hunter
WTF...I own all the Bizzard games for PC and paid yet again to get diablo 3 on the xbox360 (which at least for me,I prefer the console version... Now to hear that Blizzard has nothing to say for xbox 360 or xbox one, just rubs me the wrong way..Your paying customers are your paying customers at least tell us why Blizzard wont be releasing the game for xbox, don't hide behind empty statements like, we have nothing further at this time... I'd be happy to give my money to other game companies if blizzard can't deliver.
Reply Quote
I want to play on hell on my Xbox one !!! please Blizzard :)
Reply Quote
Thanks guys.Makes me remember why I don't play the PC version.Remind me again what happened to little thing's like..decent games,decent support...decent ANYTHING from Blizzard? I mean you were great.
Sadly that's not the case any more.It's not rocket science-if we're going to get it? say so.If not? Say so.It'd stop the constant requests for answers.
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 05:09 AMPosted by Shadowknight
Thanks guys.Makes me remember why I don't play the PC version.Remind me again what happened to little thing's like..decent games,decent support...decent ANYTHING from Blizzard? I mean you were great.
Sadly that's not the case any more.It's not rocket science-if we're going to get it? say so.If not? Say so.It'd stop the constant requests for answers.
This...
Reply Quote
If this helps, its been confirmed by blizzard via Gamespot, that both PS4 and Xbox 1 versions are being developed at the same time, but Blizzard and Microsoft seem to be having some contract issues theyre trying to resolve, being an xbox one owner i really hope they come though, but it was stated the game is being made for xbox one but uncertain if itll ever release, until the contract issues are resolved, all we will here is 'no further announcements at this time' because as it sits now, they cannot confirm or deny its release
Reply Quote
we don't have any further announcements=translation? if we start losing money,we'll bring out the 360/PS3 version.Sad but true.
Reply Quote
Xb1 suk
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 06:03 PMPosted by Stantor
01/05/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Maeri

That's because Sony didn't have near the stock as Microsoft did.

Here in Australia EB games got an average of 40-50 PS4's per store vs over 400 for the Xbox One.

Look at sale stats, not availability.

Heres a little more info:
It all comes down to how Mircrosoft fudges the reporting:

Sony’s PlayStation 4 is continuing to break sales records, passing 7 million units sold as of April 6. Console sales are so vigorous, in fact, that Sony says it’s still struggling to keep up with demand. Software sales are also very strong, no doubt helped by rave reviews for Infamous Second Son, with 20.5 million games sold as of April 13. Meanwhile, in the Xbox One camp, Microsoft has remained ominously silent, failing to release sales figures since the end of 2013. Presumably, Microsoft was waiting to see if the release of Titanfall would give the Xbox One a healthy bump in sales, perhaps putting it back on a level footing with the PS4. Now, however, more than a month after Titanfall’s release, we have to wonder why Microsoft is still mute on the matter. Are Xbox One sales truly that embarrassing? And if so, can we expect a dramatic price drop or the release of an Xbox One bundle without Kinect?

In a post on the US PlayStation blog, Sony announced that it has sold 7 million units of the PS4 globally up until April 6. In a separate press release, Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House said: ”The PS4 journey has just begun, and although we are still facing difficulties keeping up with the strong demand worldwide, we remain steadfast in our commitment to meet the needs of our customers, and surpassing the wildest expectations of gamers by delivering new user experiences that inspire and engage.” The press release also had the usual dump of statistics: We’re now up to 135 million uses of the Share button, 4.9 million Twitch and Ustream broadcasts, and 90 million spectate sessions. In a previous announcement, Sony said that Infamous Second Son had sold 1 million copies in nine days of availability — pretty good for a new console with a relatively small user base.
Infamous Second Son for the PS4

These kinds of figures put the PS4 comfortably in the “runaway success” bracket. Sales are slowing slightly to under a million units a month, but that’s still a lot more than anyone expected. Sony itself had only forecast five million PS4 sales by the end of March, which is why it’s still struggling to meet demand. (Though, anecdotally, we are hearing that most stores have the PS4 consistently in stock.)

Meanwhile, things don’t look so good for Microsoft and the Xbox One. The last solid sales figures were 3 million by the end of 2013, and then 3.9 million shipments to retailers (not sales) by January 23. We previously estimated that the Xbox One was selling around 600,000 units per month at the start of 2014, compared to 1.1 million per month for the PS4. Those sales have almost definitely slowed, but the release of Titanfall in March will have buoyed them up a bit. (Curiously, Microsoft hasn’t released Titanfall’s first-week sales.) I would estimate that Microsoft has probably sold around 5 million Xbox Ones to date. It could be a little lower than that, but I doubt it’s much higher.

The thing is, back at the end of 2013, the gap between the PS4 and Xbox One was fairly small — 4.3 million vs. 3 million — and the gap could be explained away by the PS4′s early launch, lower price, and availability in more territories. Now, six months on, Microsoft doesn’t really have a valid excuse for the Xbox One’s lackluster sales. There’s still the matter of price — but Microsoft can’t really blame anyone other than itself for that.

The uncomfortable truth is probably that the PS4 is simply the better console, and is now well on its way to winning this round of the Console War. If this is the case — and the sales figure silence definitely implies it — then we can probably expect a very dramatic announcement from Microsoft in the next month or two. If Microsoft wants to turn this around, then a big price cut (probably by shipping the console without Kinect) is the only real solution. The company needs to move quickly, too: If the PS4′s lead continues to grow, third-party developers will begin to target their games specifically at the PS4, resulting in a rather rapid game over for the Xbox One.

And a little more:

Microsoft’s quarterly sales figures are in and they point to a company in flux — as well as tepid sales for the Xbox One. This was CEO Satya Nadella’s first time at bat for an earnings call, the first quarter for full Xbox One availability, and (theoretically) the quarter when business buyers, faced with Windows XP’s final farewell, might start buying Windows 8 PCs to refresh ancient desktops. The big-picture earnings for Microsoft (MSFT) were largely flat year-on-year ($20.5 billion in revenue this quarter vs. $20.4 billion in 2013), but that fact obscures some of the more interesting shifts within revenue categories.

Since consoles are a favorite topic of combat discussion, we’ll start there.
Console sales and shipments

Microsoft reports that it “sold in” two million Xbox consoles this quarter, including 1.2 million Xbox One consoles. That’s surprisingly strong performance… from the Xbox 360. The strong sales may be partly due to Microsoft’s pledge to continue supporting the Xbox 360 for years to come and there’s historical precedent — Sony only killed off the PS2 in Japan last year and sold more than five million systems globally as recently as 2010. Microsoft may have a similar long good-bye in mind for the Xbox 360.

As for the Xbox One, shifting 1.2 million consoles this quarter and five million to-date is reasonably good, but there’s a lot of questions about what “sold in” means versus “sold through.” The term “sell in” is used when a manufacturer sells parts into the channel. “Sell through” is used when a company sells products directly to the end customer.

When Microsoft sells an Xbox console to GameStop, Best Buy, or Wal-Mart, in other words, it classifies that as sell in. When it sells you a Surface tablet directly from its own website, that’s sell through. This has led to charges that Microsoft is only recognizing the impact of consoles it has “shipped,” with accompanying squabbles over what the real figures are. Sony, in contrast, has specifically reported a sell through of seven million PS4s as of April 6.

That means the gap between the Xbox One and the PS4 is going to be somewhat larger than two million units because the two companies are reporting two different figures. Charges that Microsoft is deliberately hiding some catastrophic weakness in Xbox One sales, however, are probably overblown. While it’s true that Redmond could probably stuff the channel with consoles in the short term to hide low uptake, its retail partners have financial reporting obligations of their own — and that very much includes inventory. There are plenty of accounting tricks to hide an inventory bulge in the short term, but as quarters slip by, those consoles have to be accounted for. The best way to check a console’s health over several quarters is to watch inventory levels at both retail partners like GameStop and Microsoft itself.

Right now, the PS4 is unquestionably outselling the Xbox One, and by a significant margin, but drawing conclusions at this early date would be foolish.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]