Diablo® III

Y/N: DH's SIMULTANEOUSLY shooting 1h xbows

It just feels sad that a character being advertised as a dual-wielding ranged hero is almost never played as one. What if, with the appropriate balancing numbers of course, DH's should be able to shoot, at the same time, her two 1h crossbows when she equips them?

Everyone certainly agrees that it's always better to play DH's with a box/xbow/1h xbow with a DML. It's always Calamity/Manticore + DML currently.
Reply Quote
I didn't know. Good news!, is it enough though? They should probably add a ton of 1h xbows that are as good as or more enticing than a solid legendary quiver.
Reply Quote
+1

dualwielding 1h crossbows should be a viable option since day 1. 2 years down the road and it's still there, where we don't want it to be.

maybe numbers is not the solution but functionality. take an example on the humble WKL. 800dps and still a viable end game weapon.
Reply Quote
Torchlight 2 has this. You have a chance to "execute", which makes you hit with both weapons at once. TL2 > D3!
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 05:21 PMPosted by mikeab7925
they are adding it to the 'Archery' Passive. it will add +1 to Hatred Regeneration for 2 xbows.

in RoS?

is it viable.? anyone tried it out on the beta?

(ps: i don't do beta RoS)
Reply Quote
This topic has been bandied about the DH forums for a while. My personal opinion, as a veteran Dual Wielder, is that I don't like it. Set aside the complications with balancing, I just don't like the aesthetic. I played the rouge class on TL2 which has a similar mechanic, and I didn't much care for it.

Additionally, from the perspective of marksman, it doesn't make sense to fire two weapons at the same time due to its incredible inaccuracy. Sure, Hollywood makes it look feasible and cool, but actors don't need to hit their targets, and those targets aren't firing back. A real DH wouldn't care about looking cool or stylish, he would do what works.
Reply Quote
Dual Wielding isn't so underpowered as people think. Take the time to understand the intricacies of DW before you pass judgment.

This game truly is easy to learn, hard to master.
Reply Quote
in RoS?

is it viable.? anyone tried it out on the beta?

(ps: i don't do beta RoS)

it's in the patch. i tested it in the PTR. without the proper gear it wasn't worth it. i'd imagine if you came into it with great xbows you'd benefit for a bit. i just ended up with the DML anyhow.

O.o.
Reply Quote
[quote110384115875"]Dual Wielding isn't so underpowered as people think. Take the time to understand the intricacies of DW before you pass judgment.

This game truly is easy to learn, hard to master.
what are the benefits of DW? possibility of 6%LS, at the cost of damage? without the proper gear it's more beneficial to use quivers. after the patch with trading limited and the AH gone you'll have to rely on drops. this will mean you wont get the xbows that will be required to want to change. if you have some good info though please share. as i see you are just wielding 2 blues.[/quote]

Check my female DH ;)

My Dual Wielder's Handbook:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10195250837
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 05:59 PMPosted by Brad
as i see you are just wielding 2 blues.

Wow, that is pretty weird. Fashion statement maybe?

Those are my testing Crossbows ;)
Reply Quote
It just feels sad that a character being advertised as a dual-wielding ranged hero is almost never played as one. What if, with the appropriate balancing numbers of course, DH's should be able to shoot, at the same time, her two 1h crossbows when she equips them?

Everyone certainly agrees that it's always better to play DH's with a box/xbow/1h xbow with a DML. It's always Calamity/Manticore + DML currently.

I forgot to post this myself a long time ago, so thanks for posting this. I think a major problem (or rather just disappointment) with the Demon Hunter class is the fact that he/she can only target one way at a time. Since she can dual-wield two one-handed cross bows, she should be able to to shot both at two different directions simultaneously. I don't know if every targeted or pointed skill should be this way or only certain runes for certain skills.. It would require a lot of work from the development team though.. both for the targeting issues (including finding some trick of how to make it possible with user interfaces on console and PC both) and for animation reasons... I think they added a new skill that sort of addresses this.. but it is chaotic and not really two concentrated streams of fire on two targets at once.. like for example using rapid fire both in front and behind or to the left or right.. why isn't this possible?

It is possible... but how easily implemented? I don't think it would be easy to do this and thus.. that is why a dual-wielding Demon Hunter does actually dual-wield for the most part.. (even if we ignore optimizing damage etc)..

If anyone can figure out a way around the mechanics and programming issues that would come up with this.. please say something.. I want them to allow dual shooting.. at least for bow skills (when using two one-handed cross bows only of course)..

~Philoi.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]