dh has problems

give blizz credit they can effectively kill the dh skills
i have jusy about given up on it in ros it has so many problems
cant use sentrys they dont appear with hitting key a dozen times
cant use mine traps they dont blow up
cant use knives they do zero damage
acid shot does nothing
ball lightning still works for now
it seems they are trying to weakene the dh so no one will actually use it in ros
i given up and am just using wiz now new skills are overpowerep as usual
Reply Quote
It's X-mas, not April 1st.
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 02:08 PMPosted by warmouse
i given up and am just using wiz now new skills are overpowerep as usual

Bye :)
Reply Quote
View profile
http://bilder.hifi-forum.de/medium/5455/you-must-be-new-here_75661.jpg
Reply Quote
View profile
Peace brah
Reply Quote
DH is OP in RoS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpZELLGrk94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmUifrz6EhQ

Goodbye
Edited by BrAyZz#1782 on 12/27/2013 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/27/2013 01:38 PMPosted by BrAyZz
DH is OP in RoS.

No
Reply Quote
12/27/2013 01:49 PMPosted by DiEoxidE
DH is OP in RoS.

No
Lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3rcn50A-5Y
better?
Reply Quote
T6 with level 60 calamity I believe

http://www.twitch.tv/philosophios/c/3432323
Reply Quote
View profile
12/27/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Rudi1337
T6 with level 60 calamity I believe

http://www.twitch.tv/philosophios/c/3432323

hmm, you know that is the easiest boss in the game right?
Azmodan is easier than Ghom.

This is what I did with my ptr gears.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XjOiFWdLN8&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm planning on doing beliel T6 once i get 1 more CD reduction
Reply Quote
I rather like to see how effectively the class can clear content such as bounties and rifts on torment and higher. And playing as range class, which at this point it looks like its going to be another face tank experience at higher levels.

Start timing your runs especially rifts and bounty runs and compare them vs other classes, and share your progress - especially the build/gear used to get those timed runs.

Seeing who can down single target doesn't measure anything useful unless bosses actually dropped good items.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/27/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Krak
Seeing who can down single target doesn't measure anything useful unless bosses actually dropped good items.

While if you want something to compare, I think you should start by comparing with yourself not other class. My elite kill time is about the same time I took out that azmodan (20-30 sec). The elites move a lot more around field and CA=CB is pretty much useless, imo.

T6 70 is 300x more HP and 40x more damage compare to Master 60. I would need more data to have concrete info but if running 70k is enough, make that 300x = 21,000k ~= 21m will melt stuff just as fast as what I'm doing right now. But that number isn't possible with the devs current design so I would say stick to 2-4m dps and see how much you can put that into play.

I'm don't think I will be playing T6 in RoS until I feel comfortable. Have a mob jump around on my screen for 3-4 min isn't the kind of game I would like to play.
Reply Quote
12/27/2013 06:36 PMPosted by KirusAlufras

While if you want something to compare, I think you should start by comparing with yourself not other class. My elite kill time is about the same time I took out that azmodan (20-30 sec). The elites move a lot more around field and CA=CB is pretty much useless, imo.

T6 70 is 300x more HP and 40x more damage compare to Master 60. I would need more data to have concrete info but if running 70k is enough, make that 300x = 21,000k ~= 21m will melt stuff just as fast as what I'm doing right now. But that number isn't possible with the devs current design so I would say stick to 2-4m dps and see how much you can put that into play.

I'm don't think I will be playing T6 in RoS until I feel comfortable. Have a mob jump around on my screen for 3-4 min isn't the kind of game I would like to play.

the reason I said we should compare ourselves (dhs) vs other classes is to see our own effectiveness in farming. its always a competition between classes who farms better - since bounties and rifts are the places to farm these are the places needed to be tested more. (speed runs)

CA becomes very viable in groups but as solo in higher levels, dh will get mobbed to death since he lacks defensive spells.

they need to scrap some of the torment levels, maybe have torment as its final mode.
Reply Quote
12/27/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Krak
its always a competition between classes who farms better - since bounties and rifts are the places to farm these are the places needed to be tested more. (speed runs)

and whenever we try and compare, we just get depressed as to how OP they are compared to us.

That's why I also agree with Kirus.. that rather than competing with other classes, it might be better to compete with a DH as DHs would be on equal footing with GEARS being only the reason of disparity. Skills and knowledge of playing a DH also has it's effect but if you really outgear the content so much, even playing "dumb" would work.

Anyways.. to each his own.

In short, in order for me to actually have fun with MY dh is to play it and be content with it. I can still shoot some buff suggestions and whatnot but not because I want DHs to be like Barbs or something, but because I just want it to be better because WE can be better.
Reply Quote
View profile
As a bystander and daily D3 player to the feedback on ROS, there is way too so much doom and gloom before it is even released.

Just too much...just saying.

Here a thought: accept the things I can not change, a little bit of know how to change the things I can..and some wisdom to know the difference
Edited by dawgiestyle#1127 on 12/28/2013 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

the reason I said we should compare ourselves (dhs) vs other classes is to see our own effectiveness in farming. its always a competition between classes who farms better - since bounties and rifts are the places to farm these are the places needed to be tested more. (speed runs)

CA becomes very viable in groups but as solo in higher levels, dh will get mobbed to death since he lacks defensive spells.

they need to scrap some of the torment levels, maybe have torment as its final mode.

For the last freaking time, it doesn't matter:

There's no AH.

This isn't some competitive game; I mean no disrespect but it's laughable to think of the game as a competition. It's just RNG all in your face, all day.

Demon Hunters have to find Demon Hunter items...

It doesn't matter which class can find items the fastest, they're generally going to be finding their own class specific stuff or more in line with their class specific stats due to smart drops.

They're never going to achieve balance between the classes, it's just not going to happen. The game itself isn't even balanced as far as long/mid/close ranged game... so what makes people think the classes would ever be?

As far as I'm concerned, the classes are more complete than ever before. Less gimmicky, etc.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 12/29/2013 5:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I agree AKF. The moment you compare DHs to other classes, you'll just be disappointed if you somewhat want equality on all classes. But if you'll compare DHs to other DHs, it'll only be Gear Checks and the player's skills which in my opinion, can become equal in time.

In any game that you will encounter, there will never be a balance unless it's so simple. Like Rock, Paper, Scissors maybe?
Reply Quote
View profile
12/29/2013 06:50 AMPosted by Chrizzle

In any game that you will encounter, there will never be a balance unless it's so simple. Like Rock, Paper, Scissors maybe?

In any game you can achieve a balance, but I personally feel it has to be done at the game's core and foundation of the engine and gameplay, to include whatever various modes.

Because... the characters, classes, fighters, whatever they may be, that are conduits for the players - balance is going to be hard to achieve at the cost of forcing homogenization and stripping identity. That's why the balance needs to rely on the core of how the game is actually played in these cases.

Since even RoS still has huge imbalances between how long/mid/close range and pacing of gameplay is concerned, it will still adversely affect the class(s) that aren't tuned toward where the game is skewed. And by that I don't even really mean the classes themselves, it's more the builds actually, and always has been.

D3 is one track and super one dimensional. Unfortunately this hurts particular types of builds/classes BADLY, and it's only going to happen again in RoS unless they seriously do something about it. Build diversity will suffer once again, as the game's rewards are still only in one place or style of gameplay.

----------

If it's not class balance people complain about, it'll be build diversity instead.

One thing they've seem to strike pretty solid at the moment is class completeness throughout, though. Every class seems like a much better package of skills/runes/passives being more realized than before, but I'm afraid it's likely overshadowed by the game's one dimension, which will probably funnel all of that out.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 12/29/2013 7:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/29/2013 07:15 AMPosted by ActionKungfu
balance is going to be hard to achieve at the cost of forcing homogenization and stripping identity

That's why I don't think there'll be much balance in this game. If they do strive to balance it out, that will happen.

12/29/2013 07:15 AMPosted by ActionKungfu
If it's not class balance people complain about, it'll be build diversity instead.

Well, regarding this, they are pretty much doing a good job regarding build diversity, well, for DHs again, for that matter, dunno about other classes.

All in all, I'm liking where RoS is going even though I there's still a few kinks that I want for the game, but hey, I'll take what I'm given as long as it can be fun, but that doesn't mean I won't seek for something better/more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]