Diablo® III

How do DHs do Crypts?

(Locked)

Here's a bit of that aoe capability. Just..always since you never run out. =D

http://imgur.com/GsCSGMp
When WDs BBV is up and our MFD is active everyone of those hit's is up near 480-500 thousand each.
01/04/2014 05:25 AMPosted by Wolfcone
I have to say i've tried the RF build and it doesn't hold a match to the Ninja build.

Hiya Wolf! Been a while since we've done a run together so I haven't seen your ninja build in action.
However I wanted to say that you can't just "try the RF build". You have to gear around it otherwise it won't really be optimal.

I am running Nyan's swap build and I have to say I haven't seen a non-RF DH come close to the dmg output/kill efficiency. I think the last time we ran together you were using BL and Spike Trap, which was ok but it was not melting the mobs down.
With ~100 mill worth of gear (yes just 100 mill) I kill Ghom in about 45 secs with Bombardment (AE attack) which breaks down to about 2.8 mill edps. At this rate, I kill MP10 zombies at about 2-3 secs in an 16 yard diameter. With a Cyclone monk, this is pretty darn good.
Also since I am using Nyan's swap build, I have 630k eHP + LL from Gloom so I almost never die. AND I get to use Legacy Nats so I can prep-punishment very often to keep RF going.

In "good" crypt games, I find that staying back and firing from a distance doesn't do any good since clusters die within a few seconds (pull monk + bats) so I end up vaulting into the middle of packs, popping SS and then start my RF killing spree. In a way I'm similar to a Firebats build since I center myself around packs, but I have the flexibility of redirecting my center of damage.

One last thing, again I am only working with roughly 100M worth of gear. I know Nyan has some money invested in his and it shows. I've seen a video where he killed Ghom in 9 secs which translates to about 14.4 mill edps. That was single target RF but I'm sure if he swapped to bombardment it wouldn't be decreased by that much. At that DPS, crypts would just be a joke.

Edit:
Here is my gear:
Dmg, no cc - http://d3up.com/b/1265420/willythekid-dmg-no-cc
Tank / cc - http://d3up.com/b/1265247/willythekid-cc-tank-build
I've changed a few things since then but not much.
Edited by khoaker#1723 on 1/6/2014 12:09 PM PST
01/06/2014 12:07 PMPosted by khoaker
In "good" crypt games, I find that staying back and firing from a distance doesn't do any good since clusters die within a few seconds (pull monk + bats) so I end up vaulting into the middle of packs, popping SS and then start my RF killing spree. In a way I'm similar to a Firebats build since I center myself around packs, but I have the flexibility of redirecting my center of damage.

What I generally do is run ahead of everyone else, and quickly find a 'sweet' spot where steady aim can be applied and still have a good range of firing area. Usually you can find that sweet spot. It's not always guaranteed, but its often there.

As long as your not killing without your team, your team should be fine with you running ahead of them.

I haven't done a crypt run in a while since I gotten into beta....I will have to say that Nyan gear swapping is so much easier in beta than it is in the live game.
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 1/6/2014 12:51 PM PST
I play pretty aggressively in crypt and used this build for my DH runs.

Tumble (some vault rune mandatory in crypt IMO)
RF
Gloom
Shuriken Cloud
MfD or Caltrops (depending on how much of party edps was coming from me)
Bat

Vengeance/NS/perfectionist or tactical adv

Snapshot Shuriken Cloud with LS. I'd tumble into the middle of huge packs (or where I knew the CS monk would go), hit Gloom, then RF, and then hover over potion button just in case...

Max disc was very helpful for tumble-tumble-tumble-tumble-MfD-gloom-RF sequence.
I havent yet to come to like the RF setup, i just dont feel it making the same damage as the grenades & spike traps setup im using. Noted to say i dont really like kitting around and jumping back and forth. And i find the tanking setup to be heaps better.

Stand in the middle of the mob, turret, jagged and spiketraps and the crypt melts for me when playing with monk, wd & wiz.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UQkYRg!XfY!ZacbYY

I tend to take away the turret for something else and also using cull of the weak or custom eng instead of steady aim. This is by far the perfect setup and thats what i like since my main damage comes from the spikes i can play around the setup to change things up.

Im just very curious why there are so few ppl playing this setup =)
01/07/2014 01:33 AMPosted by oCtodur
Stand in the middle of the mob, turret, jagged and spiketraps and the crypt melts for me when playing with monk, wd & wiz.

That's is because the wd and archon is melting for you with the monk's exploding palm.

This is by far the perfect setup and thats what i like since my main damage comes from the spikes i can play around the setup to change things up.

Perfect set up for you does not mean is perfect for others.

Im just very curious why there are so few ppl playing this setup =)

Because other set up deal more and better damage than your set up.
Cameo, melting it for me? wiz freezez and hardly does damage, wd spits to get the mobs to us and then bats. I do agree the wd does a lot also the monk with the palm, but if monk spams palm and i spam spikes we get a nice chain reaction.

..by far the perfect setup = im not saying its perfect mate...

Everyone can do more damage, its also depending on your gear.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]