Diablo® III

How does BoA affect streamers? How will they adapt?

Since many of the common activities like giveaways, accepting gear donations and doing gear checks (recommending purchases) don't really work any more with BoA, how are streamers going to adapt?

Do you think there will be a decline in viewer numbers or D3 streaming in general, or is it not that big of a deal?
Edited by Raticus79#1110 on 1/7/2014 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
They should be all for BoA because they got all the time in the world to play this game and live from donations, the more they would play the better they would be geared and the more donations they would get.

But many of them are against BoA for the whole reason that Heirloom items belong in WoW and not Diablo.
Edited by KhaoS#2865 on 1/7/2014 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Since many of the common activities like giveaways, accepting gear donations and doing gear checks don't really work any more with BoA, how are streamers going to adapt?

Do you think there will be a decline in viewer numbers or D3 streaming in general, or is it not that big of a deal?

Ugh Don't streamers just hop to the next greatest thing and move on? DO any of them really stay faithful to one game?

I mean if Super ARPG Uber Dragon Angel of Peon's came out tomorrow or beta'd you don't think 80% of them atm would jump ship?

They go where the money is they don't care as long as subs come in and they look cool..

Dunno looks like community for the most part won't care as I bet a small % actually watches them..

Could be wrong /shrug
Edited by Necx#1387 on 1/7/2014 9:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
I like how BoA will affect more items, it'll stop whiny noobs from getting lots of gear after being powerleveled because they're too !@#$ing lazy to play a game and should instead just go play Halo, where they belong.

Harsh i know, but it's actually kinda true. If you're too lazy to work for something, go to grade 2 and redo life please.
Reply Quote
View profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I spend a lot of time watching Diablo III Twitch streams, and I'm sure they'll find some creative ways to interact with their viewers. It should be pretty interesting to see how the various streamers adapt to Reaper of Souls, though.
Reply Quote
"adapt to Reaper of Souls", Bah... They will just find a different game to play, no "adapt" needed.
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 12:01 PMPosted by Grimiku
I spend a lot of time watching Diablo III Twitch streams, and I'm sure they'll find some creative ways to interact with their viewers. It should be pretty interesting to see how the various streamers adapt to Reaper of Souls, though.

Opening bags and giving loots to 3 lucky winners?

I think that will be the new thing...
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 09:53 AMPosted by mikeab7925
steamer will be the ones that profit most from the BoA. they will offer runs to people that are paid subscribers. this will allow them to trade with people in the runs at a cost. since it will be streamed there will be no concern on whether or not they are giving dropped legendary items or keeping them for themselves.

Sure, that seems viable. It could get annoying for the streamer since they'd have people complaining any time they were running solo or grouped with a non-subscriber.

I reported another potential problem a while ago that they could take advantage of if it isn't fixed - having people come in and open Horadric cache bags that they've saved up while in group with the streamer.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10972957294

01/07/2014 12:24 PMPosted by mikeab7925
unless the players are in the game at the time of the drop it wouldn't be possible, unless the items are rares.

Are the legendaries that people get from bags no longer tradeable to those who were in the group when it was opened? I saw they they could be traded at the time I made that post.

Really, as long as the streamer's interacting with their viewers and people have a fun time hanging out I think they'll do fine. Lots of them have good theory talk and they could even do a kind of reverse gear check (recommending builds based on the items someone has). They could still do giveaways and just give out real-life stuff instead of in-game goods.
Edited by Raticus79#1110 on 1/7/2014 12:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 12:05 PMPosted by mikeab7925
steamers currently profit from people watching them play and offer up items and help for subscriptions to there account. this cost money. when BoA hits they wont be able to give away anything so their subscribers will be reduced. as with any other business person, that's really all they are, they will adapt to make money how they can. they will change their play to multiboxing and will run with someone who is a subscriber to help them level, and find items for them. paying a streamer for item runs will be the safest way to do it as you can see what items they are getting as you play along with them. multiboxing will increase your chances of finding something running with them 4 fold. the best part for them is it will all stay legit as Blizzard can't stop them from streaming.

Lol...You're watching streamers for the wrong reasons if you're there to get free loot. It should be more of an insightful process, and helpful/knowledgable streamers will get more exposure instead of the ones banking on luring in chumps looking for freebies.

That's why Philos, Archon and Moldran are the best. They theory craft, and give you another perspective on how to play...instead of focusing on ways to avoid playing (IE give aways). They also give insight on proper issues with the game.

Philos is my current favourite. Partially because he doesn't have as large an audience as Archon and Moldran, and actually takes the time to answer questions, and explain how things are going. Too much blind mass criticisms come from others.
Edited by Ron#1676 on 1/7/2014 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 12:24 PMPosted by mikeab7925
Opening bags and giving loots to 3 lucky winners?

I think that will be the new thing...
unless the players are in the game at the time of the drop it wouldn't be possible, unless the items are rares.

Um... I thought items from bags could be given to players inside the game they opened it.

1) Farm "X" bags
2) "A winner is selected"
3) Invite the winner in-game
4) Open all bags while streamers watch what he/she got from them
5) The streamer proceeds to give his Legendary items to the winner (unless they made Legendary items from bags instantly BoA)
Reply Quote
DoomBringer:

Right, except they would want to make sure they brought in three players instead of one to maximize the upgrade chances.

01/07/2014 12:42 PMPosted by mikeab7925
only if they were in the group when the bag was obtained, and only for 2 hours after.

Oh, right on, that's good news. I guess it must have been fixed.
Edit: Never mind, this isn't confirmed as fixed yet.
Edited by Raticus79#1110 on 1/7/2014 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]