Diablo® III

Is averaging 400m xp/h solo possible?

I will report all of you who are off-topic.
Reply Quote
View profile
I hear soon they will be restricting organs to be BOA (Body Originally Acquired in)? There are rumors of a two hour transplant window being available to recipients that are present within two hours of harvest. Be curious to see how the black market sales suffer from that.

Interesting times we live in.
Reply Quote
View profile
If your really lucky maybe ^.^
Reply Quote
Interesting thread lol
Reply Quote
View profile
01/07/2014 06:53 AMPosted by Argos
InnerTurmoil, although I agree with your deduction, you grossly underestimate the value of DPS (Duplicate Parts & Spares). Sold in AH or RMAH this could be an extremely valuable commodity, which could fund many weekends to Tijuana.

but TDPS (Typical Degradation of Parts & Spares) has a high impact on DPS
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 05:56 AMPosted by BigBaller
stop d1kin around and explain it.

So what's the deal? I took the trouble to find your EU profile, looks the same...so I'm guessing it's not new gear. New route?
Reply Quote
Spill the beans bro, we're all ears. Like Silverfire, I believe you can do it.
Reply Quote
What is the best run in Act II?

I mean, I read something about one that starts in Vault of the Assassin but I don't understand... why would anyone bother with such a terrible area?
Reply Quote
View profile
Ill bite zap.

Check the barb sticky, under farming, under exp routes, page7.
Something there that applies to your op
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 1/8/2014 4:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/08/2014 04:36 AMPosted by zapro
What is the best run in Act II?

I mean, I read something about one that starts in Vault of the Assassin but I don't understand... why would anyone bother with such a terrible area?

So let me guess, BCM for 2-3 stacks, and then the remainder...
Reply Quote
You all are totally hilarious, this is certainly a very entertaining thread. I was also hoping for actual testimonials or real info. regarding the OP's title, though now understand the intent...

I'd still be curious how much exp/min to expect solo with average gear at an equipment-appropriate MP level in act 1 or 2.

I understand the optimal routes have been thoroughly validated previously and i do appreciate all the hard work that has gone into that data collection and analysis.
Reply Quote
Its not possible solo. Nope not even close
Reply Quote
01/08/2014 11:05 AMPosted by BigBaller

It's possible BB. zapro's dragging out for maximum trolling effect but it's possible. Chazhang has a run on video where he got something like 380m in traditional VSORCS, and zappy's rends are a little stronger and he's had a few more months to perfect his route.

But like we've talked about before, RNG and skill/technique, pathing savvy, etc. all influence this pretty heavily.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 1/8/2014 11:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/08/2014 11:10 AMPosted by silverfire

It's possible BB. zapro's dragging out for maximum trolling effect but it's possible. Chazhang has a run on video where he got something like 380m in traditional VSORCS, and zappy's rends are a little stronger and he's had a few more months to perfect his route.

But like we've talked about before, RNG and skill/technique, pathing savvy, etc. all influence this pretty heavily.

Chazhang got that on a lucky run where all the stars aligned. He got, enlightned shrine, followed by fleeting, then Frenzy and double skeleton on the map. This will not happen hardly ever and should be considered a major outlier. When it can be consistently done on a somewhat regular basis then maybe so.

But I stand by..........NOPE NOT POSSIBLE CANT BE DONE.

This thread is becoming gayer by the minute. If it is possible, then explain how. Zapro should state whether he or has not. Its as if he is insinuating he can, but not expressing the truth. Maybe he is posing a question if whether its possible..........and he has not done it yet and is trying. But in end this thread is just dumb now.
Reply Quote
So, Uberjager made the same argument to me when it came to Chaz's DE farming performance.

Ironically he was trying to say that he thought echoing fury would be worse than 2h on average, and that it takes cherry-picking to make it better.

The coin has two sides. All of your tdps calculations technically also represent the best-case scenario, not the average case.

How do you determine what is "better", by its best possible performance, its worst, or its average?

I don't have a strong answer either way, but you cannot say something is "not possible" if it has in fact been done.

Then again, zapro's title itself is a little ambiguous. He could technically just spend 15 minutes netting 100m xp in some cherry-picked scenario and it would strictly speaking be "averaging 400m xp/h".
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 1/8/2014 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
The difference........is it relied on certain random variables........shrines and random monster density. In my opinion when you can get it or very close to it, and not have to rely on shrines then I would like to know about it. But I get your point.

However in this case Zap poses a question..........in my opinion hes throwing it out there as if he is on to something or in fact can do it. Or maybe I am reading into it and he is just asking a question. But when others start saying things, "like ok I bite", or I believe you Zap let me guess, blah, blah, its clear at least to me that the insinuation is he can do it.

Its like saying, "OH you wont believe this", then when someone asks what........the response being, "I cant tell you". Hes stringing everyone along and its lame. If he can do it or has done it he should answer the question. If he has not not done he should state that he has not. And if he is merely asking a question or reaching out to the community but has not actually achieved "YET" but thinks he can.....he should state that as well. This we way, everyone is not sitting around waiting for the big "SECRET" Its dumb if you ask me.

He has not done it, nor do I think its possible unless of course you get three ideal shrines all perfectly aligned along with double skeleton density. That does not count in my eyes.
Reply Quote
01/08/2014 11:55 AMPosted by BigBaller
Hes stringing everyone along and its lame.

zapro can only be zapro
01/08/2014 11:55 AMPosted by BigBaller
If he has not not done he should state that he has not.

He wouldn't be our number one troll if he did.
Reply Quote
I haven't seen too many hard numbers here yet.

Using the very pedestrian gear you see on "jennie" and the really low-end Skorn I found on the ground...

...averaging about 6 runs in act 1 @MP8 (that's part of the problem right there), starting the timer with zero NV stacks, proceeding to Festering for 3-4 stacks and then to FoM for near complete clear and also clearing side caverns as they randomly appear (not Khazra)... (this is designed to be quick and repeatable)...

...I'm getting only averaging about 120 ex/hr (one outlier of 220/hr)

I submit this as limited experience from someone with lousy gear who enjoys playing but can't claim any level of expertise at all, just throwing it out there for comparison (but i'm sure mostly ridicule).

Apologies if this post is out of place here, i'm really just looking to compare notes.
Edited by mvhrad#1345 on 1/8/2014 6:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
can someone summarize what everyone brought to the table in this thread?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]