Diablo® III

Single Out - Has anyone tested the Skill?

01/07/2014 09:54 PMPosted by ActionKungfu
They should just remove dodge, and make it crowd control reduction or something.

err... no.

I didn't make a post like this to have dodge removed...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10717151752

The problems are
A. Too many attack aren't dodge able (~77.6%)
The elite's attack are listed here
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11040454264 (only 3 can be dodged)
B. The available dodge chance is too low (30-40% at 70)
C. The devs don't like ppl ignoring their favor part of the game - items
D. Massive Mob HP >>> Player DPS and player DPS depends on CHD

They still have chd on gems, which need to be removed
stack up to 300% (50%base +100%amulet +100%rings +50%gloves), 500% (+200%gems), 700% (+200% weapons). 800% (+50%paragon +50%witching hour). With 50% chc that is 50% dps gain by the amount on your chd value.
+300% = +150%
+500% = +250%
+700% = +350%
+800% = +400%

What other stat on our characters add more than +150% damage per hit (on average)?
None, there isn't another stat that adds that much. In fact, the *new* stuff
Skill+ add up to 30% on a single skill
Element+ add up to 30% on a single type of elemental skill damage (+legs = more)
SCR add up to 50% on all skills = up to 100% increase in dps by not using generators
Total ~= 100 x30 x30 = +169%
^ this require 8 items and 10 affix slots

-- copied from another response I made

And ActionKungfu I believe you can have more than 80% ccr from items.
+40% x4 (helm, rings, amulet) ~= 87.04%
^ F&F values, ccr are secondary affix.

2 sec frozen or jailed = 0.252 sec
Reply Quote
Single sounds like an unrealistic scenario to me..

Why not have it so that it's 25% crit everytime you hit you MAIN target.. Mean you have to contiunously hit that one tartget at all times or the 25% reset if you aimed poorly or another mob teleports in and takes the hit??

It could be worded :

After 2 shots on ONE Main target, crit. chance is increaded 25% percent.

This saids you are singling out that one target in a crown of mobs. Don't forget too that FEAR procs and Ranged mobs would make this harder to do.

To single out a mob that is 20 yards away from the pack is unrealistic. 99% of the mobs come at you as bunched up pack.
Reply Quote
I think its better just to say

Gain +25% chc against enemies who are Marked for Death.

but if it is going to work with marked for death the new calamity will be OP.

Your scenario is broken. How is attack a target 2 hits = primary target? You can use HA and it's done in 1 attack and your next arrows are always going to crt. Looks wonderful as a buff tho, but bugged at the same time.

To single out a mob that is 20 yards away from the pack is unrealistic. 99% of the mobs come at you as bunched up pack.

It's not unrealistic it's hard to do... there is a difference here.

That +25% chc isn't given like the old Archery +10% so players needs to work for it. And if you can't the skill will continue to be useless by all means. It shouldn't be a go to skill nor should any of our passives. Some skills will be better for you but not worthy for another player. Just like how few people play with these on live: Numbing Traps and Sharpshooter.
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 10:55 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
They should just remove dodge, and make it crowd control reduction or something.

err... no.

I didn't make a post like this to have dodge removed...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10717151752

Dodge blows in this game, that's why I suggested it. I'd rather it be crowd control reduction, even in it's current state, and even if we were to be able to stack dodge to 100%(in it's current state).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]