Diablo® III

Crypt prep

What is the purpose of this? I know o a group that takes more than an hour to prep a crypt. In that time I could have run the whole thing several times.

What am I missing here?

And why are the crypt guilds so snobby?

Just curious. Thanks
Reply Quote
What's the purpose of prepping? What is gained?

Thanks
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 11:16 AMPosted by Fragbait
What's the purpose of prepping? What is gained?

Thanks

What's gained is a raging sea of monsters. Some of us are loading up on memories of what density can be because it's all going away soon.
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Brad

just like i said, more mobs, more xp

I guess his point was that he can just run through killing those mobs faster than what it takes to just herd them all up, then kill them. It's probably just for bigger numbers like Kill Bonuses for XP and stuff. I haven't really looked into how Crypt Runs work, I just know it's widely used for big XP boost, but I didn't really look into it because things like that don't last.

it is for both xp and drops. I find way more legs off the trash mobs in the crypts than ANYWHERE else in the game. that said, it is probably more vital in HC than SC. the only real danger running high MP in a crypt run is getting stacked in festering and the 1-2 elite packs you will get in the crypt. you can plan those out and therefore run and progress somewhat safely on high MP in HC.

with all that said - the decaying crypt is the best place in the game IMO and is a reminder of what an ARPG should be. fluffing it up before you run it really makes it a thing of beauty :)
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 11:28 AMPosted by Brad
Thank the people that do things like Crypt Runs for that.

Yeah, our bad. I forgot that anything that's fun and/or effective is bad.

Somehow.
Reply Quote
prepping a crypt is faster than just straight running through it multiple times, especially if you consider the amount of time between finding a crypt in multiple games.

As for the snobby thing, some people think it's a special skill that only a select elite have. Those people also most likely have spent real money on the game.
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 11:28 AMPosted by Brad
Thank the people that do things like Crypt Runs for that.

No thank Blizzard for thinking that leveling paragon was too efficient in the crypts.
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 11:34 AMPosted by Empty1
No thank Blizzard for thinking that leveling paragon was too efficient in the crypts.

I don't do it so much because it's efficient. I never wear a hellfire or ruby or anything like that. That's probably why I never made pl100. I just like the raging sea of monsters. It's why I play the game.

It's fun. So of course it has to go away.

See, we can't have people doing something hard, with a little forethought and effort if they might get something out of it. That's not fair to the
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 11:11 AMPosted by Fragbait
What is the purpose of this? I know o a group that takes more than an hour to prep a crypt. In that time I could have run the whole thing several times.What am I missing here?And why are the crypt guilds so snobby?Just curious. Thanks

It shouldn't take an hour. I prep a crypt in less than ten minutes. Worst case 15 minutes, depends on the E's.
Reply Quote
Agreed, 10 minute prep, while other prep woods elites etc, then a 5-10 minute clear, really good xp ;)
Reply Quote
any preps that take over 5 mins (prepping crypt 1 and 2 , prepping fom) are doing it very inefficiently. 3 in crypt and 1 in fom (preferably a prep doctor in crypt and prep doctor in fom). I am speaking from experience when I say you net the best results from 5 min preps and getting into the next game.
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Technoviking
any preps that take over 5 mins (prepping crypt 1 and 2 , prepping fom) are doing it very inefficiently. 3 in crypt and 1 in fom (preferably a prep doctor in crypt and prep doctor in fom). I am speaking from experience when I say you net the best results from 5 min preps and getting into the next game.

Speaking from experience, there are those that can prep in less than 10, and those that do it in less than 20. The difference?

Those that take a bit more time are doing more than one pass through the monsters. They keep getting the wretched mothers to spew more zombies. I have no idea how many games I played where the game stalled, because there were so many monsters on the screen.

We usually do a 2-4 man prep. One runs the crypt prep. The others prep elites in the festering woods. Sometimes we have one prepping elites in the woods, one doing prep in weeping, one in the crypt and one gathering mobs in misery.

You talk about an XP fest/leg fest! With that level of prep, its an easy 20-25 minutes, if we have our game together and all 4 of us are pulling our weight.

But the gain? Lower PLevers can gain more than one level in a run. Sometimes 2. Higher level (above 80) might gain as much as an entire level in one run. Overall, can be from 25-40 min including prep with 4 different maps. And legendaries? Try anywhere from 8-25 drops in a single run PER PLAYER!!

But an hour to prep? Sure, if its one person doing all that kind of prep I listed above. But if that's the case, it isn't much fun after awhile. Its much more fun with help.

Anyway.
Edited by DTMAce#1687 on 1/4/2014 2:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Speaking from experience, there are those that can prep in less than 10, and those that do it in less than 20. The difference?Those that take a bit more time are doing more than one pass through the monsters. They keep getting the wretched mothers to spew more zombies. I have no idea how many games I played where the game stalled, because there were so many monsters on the screen.

Yep.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]