Diablo® III

Cluster Bombs the end game build in ROS

Its either C-bombs for the high torment levels or strafe and FoK for lower levels.

in the end game right now it doesn't look like anything compares with cluster bombs + grenadier passive.

This really makes it a killer for build diversity. 600% weapon damage for each small bomb + grenadier bonus makes it almost unbeatable.

In the late game, generally DHs will find enough gear to basically make CA spammable...i.e. reduce cost gear and/or mortal enemy proc using calamity.

I like the fact that DHs will have a viable build for high torment. I feel bad that relative to C-bombs there isn't really another build that you want to use.
Reply Quote
Helm that reduces resource cost by 30% after not taking damage for 5 seconds + Cinder coat (-30% resource cost on fire skills) + Leg shoulders with -9% resource cost + paragon resource reduction + any other resource reduction gear (amulet, rings, whatever..)

This with cluster bomb is just ridiculous. I haven't tested it personally, but seen it in game and boy do i wish i had some of that gear to test this build out.. It's actually ridiculous.

Problem is, it's soooo good, that every other build known to us will be utter rubbish in comparison :/
Reply Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQw-k4eY2BM&list=UUCo2NFBlaq6jOW2i1PhHgYg
Reply Quote
I think if all you had was cindercoat plus the calamity with mortal enemy you can also do it without all the other gear that you mentioned...but yeah like you said there are many ways they can do this.

01/06/2014 05:50 AMPosted by D3MON
Problem is, it's soooo good, that every other build known to us will be utter rubbish in comparison :/

Exactly my point. Now I think they should leave it but buff the other skills so that we actually have a decision to make end game otherwise every DH will be the same in higher difficulties.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 06:09 AMPosted by Cameo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQw-k4eY2BM&list=UUCo2NFBlaq6jOW2i1PhHgYg

yeah this was the streamer I was watching. to be honest this video doesn't do him justice. in a single target situation c-bombs is weaker. up against multiple enemies ME generates hatred sooo quickly because so many mobs are getting hit he barely uses punishment.
Reply Quote
Does high torment give disproportionately more loot or xp than lower torment levels? What I mean to say is that if for example you get 50% more xp/hour in T6 over T1, but you farm T1 200% faster, then T1 is still technically a better 'endgame' (whatever that means) to build around. You get bragging rights if you do T6 I suppose, but do bragging rights give you more dps?

Monster Power and Torment were never designed as a one-way system where only MP10/T6 matter, where you should always be aiming to go higher. MP and Torment as a whole are your endgame and you are supposed to toggle the difficulty to your desired level to match your build and purpose.

I wouldn't be so quick to discount builds that are tailored for the 'lower' Torment levels, if our 'endgame' options seem narrow then perhaps the reason is because your definition of endgame is similarly narrow.

I'm not in the closed beta, so if it turns out that there are things like some super amazing crossbow dropping only in T6, or maybe T6 items roll higher value affix ranges, some undeniable advantage like that, then I'll cede my point. Of course I'd think it would be a terrible mistake on Blizzard's part too, they probably know better than to do that.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/6/2014 6:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
my guess is, if blizzard fixes the ehp problem of dhs then strafe could be viable for higher mps. also i guess a build based on the new set could be viable too.

i'm a bit disappointed about the legendary bows (cluckeye, kridershot and ravens wing). 2 of them do nothing and kridershots legendary affix is worth nothing :/

i wish that a lot of dh abilites would get some love with the elemental damage type, so we could build something like a frost, lighting or fire build.

PS: why does multi deals more or less the same damage aus elemental arrow but costs more then double the hatred?
Reply Quote
@Myon <(^^<)

Higher torment levels give disappointing loot. Exp and gold is actually fairly good on the higher torment levels.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 07:34 AMPosted by Acra
i'm a bit disappointed about the legendary bows (cluckeye, kridershot and ravens wing). 2 of them do nothing and kridershots legendary affix is worth nothing :/

This is actually another issue introduced via ROS that we don't currently have. The new legendary bows all pale in comparison to the new calamity- which is going to be the bow that everyone wants. Whereas right now you can make an argument for and realistically choose between two end game bows at least.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 07:34 AMPosted by Acra

PS: why does multi deals more or less the same damage aus elemental arrow but costs more then double the hatred?

I think partly this is due to you paying the price also for a faster projectile speed on Multishot and a wider spread, it's also a bit easier to aim since it's so wide. These things don't make a huge difference in longer fights, but back when I was paragon levelling in MP4 or so the difference was quite evident.

It was only MP4 so I was 1-2 shotting everything, so doubling your projectile speed when fights are that fast (because the projectile travel time is a significant fraction of the total fight time) is essentially doubling your kill speed and by extension your rate of farming.

That little bit of extra speed is also the difference between killing the mob before it does anything, or it firing a projectile a second before it dies. Not a really big deal if you are comfortably balanced in gear, but I tend to gear light on ehp for burstier fights so it was helpful there.

In short I think Multishot does have a niche. If you're fighting a long drawn battle against something in MP10 then RF or something like that is king, but for going through many waves of weak mobs rapidly, things like multishot and strafe become useful.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/6/2014 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 05:33 AMPosted by Alagos
I like the fact that DHs will have a viable build for high torment. I feel bad that relative to C-bombs there isn't really another build that you want to use.

I don't agree to this to the fullest extent so I'll rephrase it to this..

I like the fact that DHs will have viable buildS for high torment. I feel bad that relative to C-bombs this is one of the few EFFICIENT BUILDS you want to use.

I feel that there TONS more Viable builds out there but if you'll just boom and pewpew stuff the fastest, ergo efficiency, then yeah, C-Bombs may be the GO-TO skill.
Reply Quote
kind of off topic but it relates sort of...

I've been using cluster arrow - cluster bombs with the two items:
Cord of sherma = chaos field that blinds and slows for 2 seconds
and Ess of Johan = chance on hit to vortex all enemies to the target

Ess of Johan procs like crazy from Cluster Bombs and with the wider AoE it procs on multiple enemies and sucks just about everyone in. Cord of Sherma as many know procs a large "Chaos Field", coupled with EoJ sucking everyone = a MASSIVE mob standing around blinded and slowed constantly being vortexed together.

Who needs a 0 DpS monk when you can do the same thing at range and deal damage ^.^ it works great for groups and is a lot of fun, and makes CA even easier to aim :D
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 1/6/2014 8:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 08:27 AMPosted by TastySouP
Ess of Johan

can be proc'ed by stuff without Proc Coeffs AFAIK, that or they changed it.

CALTROPS-JS can proc it ;) Just want to pinch in on that..
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 05:33 AMPosted by Alagos
Its either C-bombs for the high torment levels or strafe and FoK for lower levels.

in the end game right now it doesn't look like anything compares with cluster bombs + grenadier passive.

This really makes it a killer for build diversity. 600% weapon damage for each small bomb + grenadier bonus makes it almost unbeatable.

I strongly disagree. I'm still surprised that there are still people that look at JUST the skill damage and go "OMG" without looking at the entire picture.

This isn't to say that CB isn't badass.... in it's absolutely perfect scenario in which..... well, do I have to really explain this? Looking at the entire picture of all of the skills (except for those I don't have access to, like vengeance and the 3 passives), I feel CA is close to relatively balanced and does not completely overshadow other options if you really think about it..... and when I mean think, I mean more than "what skills can I 1 click spam auto-win, and why aren't there more skills that can do this?" type mindset. Most players have yet to fully grasp the amazing things blizzard did for the DH class, and I for one, am loving almost every detail of it.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 08:19 AMPosted by Chrizzle

I don't agree to this to the fullest extent so I'll rephrase it to this..

I like the fact that DHs will have viable buildS for high torment. I feel bad that relative to C-bombs this is one of the few EFFICIENT BUILDS you want to use.

I feel that there TONS more Viable builds out there but if you'll just boom and pewpew stuff the fastest, ergo efficiency, then yeah, C-Bombs may be the GO-TO skill.

I agree with all of the above. However i would like to point out that pewpew stuff the fastest is kinda like the only point of this game...hence the problem and ergo why blizz must buff the other spenders
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 08:40 AMPosted by Alagos
However i would like to point out that pewpew stuff the fastest is kinda like the only point of this game

To you, that could be it, but for me? It's actually trying out stuff that others won't even bother trying.

To each his own.

Heck, did you see DiE use RF in Live? :) He dies a heck more than compared when he's stuttering.

And have you seen Nyan not do Nyan things? He even pushed to far as to Nyan with any Nyan on! He's that NYAN!!!.

Hahhaa.

EDIT: Oh and.. it's not always a nice approach to just buff DPS of our spenders. It's really not always big numbers. Since if it's just about big numbers, why bother with DHs, use Monk's Exploding Palm > go to Torment 6 and see them die.
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 1/6/2014 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 08:39 AMPosted by Chrizzle
can be proc'ed by stuff without Proc Coeffs AFAIK, that or they changed it.

CALTROPS-JS can proc it ;) Just want to pinch in on that..

:O

Gonna have to try that ^.^
Reply Quote
Endgame builds in RoS will revolve around GEAR that will enhance that skill or skills in sum way ( not some.. SUM because it's all about buffs and multipliers) .

There is one specific ENDGAME build because you will one or a combo of items that will over any particular build.

Except Nyan things.. But even then I am sure Nyan is adapting or fine tuning NEW gear to his builds .. !!!

01/06/2014 08:40 AMPosted by DiEoxidE
I'm still surprised that there are still people that look at JUST the skill damage and go "OMG" without looking at the entire picture.

Where's the " 1 button NUKE build ? " ..

That's the only picture and show in town.. Unless you want to do it WRONG !
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 1/6/2014 8:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised that there will be one build and skill that overshadows the rest. How many people are using RF as their spender right now because it is far and away the best of the spenders. I'll still run alternate builds because to me it isn't always the point of the game to blow stuff up as fast as possible. Really it can be about the build that is fun to play, and quite honestly you're not getting anything from playing this game other than fun. It's not like you are progressing in a career and making more money or anything.... it's all virtual gear and a virtual toon which has no real world value.
Reply Quote
I think kindershot and frost arrow has a lot promise as a decent spec for high torments if you stack cold damage on gloves (frostburn) , bracers,neck, ect and elemental damage on boots and quiver(DML 60 re-enchanted to 70 stat)

Im just using bracers for cold damage and boots for 15% more elemental dmg hitting from 4.8 mill to 7 mill and frost arrow hits up to 10 mobs and slows with right gear I could see it hitting for 11 mill-14 mill x10 per shot. The bow cost nothing and regens hate so can still spam cluster bombs or other hate spenders.

anyways just my 2 cents still testing

Edited by Phakeone#1871 on 1/6/2014 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]