Diablo® III

Great post, should have been treated better.

(Locked)

Ok, firstly some of you guys are extremely dense. Deadru and Oldstyle, at the very least if your going to make comments like "that's where it belonged in the first place" do a little reading for why it wasn't posted "where it belongs". jeez...

With that being said Gosu thank you for your amazing feedback. Blizzard is lucky to have fans like you who care enough to give honest feedback. You have been visiting the forums for as long as I can remember and I have at times tried to model my barb around yours. Your the type of fan who needs a beta invite, and to be listened to and taken seriously when you say X is great but Y needs improvement.

Blizzard really burned a lot of people with the release of Diablo 3 in the state that it was and I'm glad after 2 years and having to buy another addition to the game they are making progress. But I personally feel this is the last chance I'm giving them with my hard earned money and if they don't take people like Gosu seriously, listen to his feedback and make D3 the game we the players expect then I will no longer support Blizzard in any way, shape or form. Balls in Blizzard's court. Lets see what they can do with it.
The dude admitted to illegitimately being in the beta on the official forums of the game. Sorry, but he's an idiot
Sigh, why would it be illegitimate?

You are talking like he hacked a server to get access.
Uh he said he wasn't invited to the beta. So how would it be legit?
01/07/2014 09:31 AMPosted by IamSancho
Uh he said he wasn't invited to the beta. So how would it be legit?

Because going over to a friend, and try their Diablo game a little is hardly illegal.
(I have no idea if that is what Gosu did of course, but precisely because we dont know, why jump to conclusions)

In the end I dont understand the hate (other than the tendency to hate for the sake of hating).
Some random guy manage to try the beta. He performs the job of a beta tester endlessly better than 99% of the actual beta testers.
Let's hang him!
Edited by Shadout#2849 on 1/7/2014 9:35 AM PST
IamSancho they way you make it sound just because he got a limited access to the beta that he admitted he had to do God knows what to obtain it negates all the very positive feedback he submitted. Fact is Gosu is very passionate about D3 and genuinely has the games best interest in mind with typing up the very constructive post he submitted. As a matter of fact it might just be the most constructive feedback posted yet and should be viewed as such, instead of as illegitimate.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11159515987?page=6

Posts like these really are why people get upset, and yet blizzard wonders why...I realise you guys need to run a smooth operation over there, but dont forget we are people to who have feelings. This guy Gosu wrote out a "Great" feedback post on RoS. He waits 6 pages for a possible response from the devs/blues on what he says and then bam!!, it gets redirected so the OP cannot even respond to his own post? Correct me if im wrong here, but does this even seem right? I mean, look how much effort that guy, that doesn't even work for the company put into his thoughts on this, and all the blue has to say is "Noted"....thats it...and then redirects the post so the guy who created it all can't even respond....

I don't want to bash Blizzard, but thats just plain rude on his part.

Well gee that is where it belongs, sadly he violated the rules and shared an account then threw it in Blizzard face. They should simply ban the loser.

You got problems. You tend to forget that this guy is on our side and wants best for the game while trying to really brainstorm his thoughts to make a good case. If you got nothing good to say, just get out of here. Maybe read the accual post before being so harsh.
Edited by HeavyDuty#1473 on 1/7/2014 9:41 AM PST
This sort of thing gives me strength. What kind of strength? strength in that how people are quick to judge without thinking and leap into making a crapload of posts saying how much Blizzard are like EA or Microsoft, in that they don't give two rats asses one way or the other what happens to you or your emotions.

Know why it took so long to release Diablo 3? Other than working on Starcraft 2, and before that, Mists of Pandaria, it's because they don't rely upon deadlines and post games when they think they're ready for publishing, when they think people will like it.

Of course the first thing people hate about it when thy make the game look more cartoonish than it did in Diablo 2. Which is invalid since Diablo 2 also looked cartoonish, but with a way smaller definition.

RoS is going to change the game almost totally towards the better. Don't beleive me? shut up and download the PTR client and play that, then you can tell me I'm high or I'm an idiot with occasionally good ideas, just not now.
Though this being the internet, everyone'd just say they played it and continue to talk crap they've no true idea about.

Please stop turning anthills into mountains guys. Wait for the patch and you can have your precious proof that blizzard cares for their fans.

Also, since we're not able to post in the RoS beta forums let's all just shut up until we ARE able to, since we don't actually know what's going on in there and can't really ask what is.

Each person is unique and has their own point of view, until they exercise Mephisto's default emotion (Hate) and from that point on, they are no different than any other hateful person.

Calm people are understood more because people like to read their thoughts more. Being an angry, hateful person just makes a person look sad, and so many people are actually really hateful about Blizz and Diablo 3.

Don't like what they do? Leave. If you're right and they only care for money, then they won't miss you, no one will. Just go ahead and go play CoD and not come back, otherwise, just tell your feedback to blizzard in a very calm and well-thought-out way in a thread that isn't in any way a complaint, or a whining thread.

Have a wonderful day regardless of any reaction to my post, whether it be to ignore it, or get angry at the possible truth of it :)
01/07/2014 09:37 AMPosted by AXEINGAR
IamSancho they way you make it sound just because he got a limited access to the beta that he admitted he had to do God knows what to obtain it negates all the very positive feedback he submitted. Fact is Gosu is very passionate about D3 and genuinely has the games best interest in mind with typing up the very constructive post he submitted. As a matter of fact it might just be the most constructive feedback posted yet and should be viewed as such, instead of as illegitimate.

Not saying that at all, just confused why this topic exists when all blizzard did was move the topic to the appropriate forum. I'm surprised they didn't just erase the topic
Community Manager
01/07/2014 12:50 AMPosted by OldPro
I guess Gosu's post should have simply been deleted. The CM's did him a courtesy by redirecting to a forum suited for his - uninformed? - input.

I disagree since it's great feedback. There was no need to delete the thread. However, I moved it to the RoS beta forums for a few reasons:

- It's feedback based on actual in-game experience in the beta. All similar posts are moved to the RoS beta forums. This helps with tracking as well as with context. Knowing whether feedback is coming from actual experience vs. not is important. (Think of trying to provide a review on a car you've never driven before, but only seen someone else drive and/or read about. Your opinion is still totally valid and just as meaningful, but it's not going to have the same context or background as the person who has been behind the wheel.)

- By moving it to the RoS beta forums, we can guarantee that any follow-up debates or replies will be from beta testers (i.e. it'll also be feedback based on actual in-game experience).

Yes, I know this means that Gosu will not be able to respond. That's definitely an unfortunate side-effect and not at all a personal slight against Gosu himself. It was a judgment call I made. Is it ideal? No. Is it better in the long run in terms of getting beta feedback to the devs? Yes. As Nevalistis noted, if a beta tester for whatever reason can't access the forums, they can still provide us feedback by emailing ROSBetaFeedback@blizzard.com. Neva herself monitors that inbox, so it's going directly to our team.

On that note, I'd like to get back to reading your posts. :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]