Diablo® III

PTR Mutilshot full broadside now chills?

Someone please confirm this, everything I hit gets chilled, no follower
Reply Quote
Heya fminthehood,

I am positive that it does not, but for the sake of things I went back to PTR and popped Full Broadside on, kept my cold SoJ on as well, but no dice.

Full Broadside Does not chill.

Silver
Reply Quote
This isn't paper; it's some kind of metal

no sir; that's paper...
Reply Quote
^^ Never saw Mystery Science Theatre 3000, don't get the reference... maybe I should youtube it?

Silver
Reply Quote
it does weapon damage, so maybe your weapon has a cold affix
Reply Quote
More details, the new calamity even tho it is black wep has cold dmg. However using mutishot fire at will not proc the chill only full broadside. So either this is bug which I reported or someone else has one too and can confirm this
Reply Quote
Also new calamity has auto marked for death, so you can use the hatred rune for mark for death to proc extra hatred which works well to minimize the resource cost of using full broadside. you don't even need to activate MFD just have it equipped.
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 05:24 PMPosted by fminthehood
More details, the new calamity even tho it is black wep has cold dmg. However using mutishot fire at will not proc the chill only full broadside. So either this is bug which I reported or someone else has one too and can confirm this

Fire at Will will never proc anything other then the lightening written in the tooltip. All the other runes for Multishot are "weapon damage" so this means in live that cold damage will cause enemies to slow. Currently in Beta they have removed the snaring affect that cold applies but it will still apply the cold visual.

I've done a ton of testing with this. If it doesn't slow in the tooltip, no amount of cold damage will make it slow.
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 1/5/2014 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why only Full Broadside though? It's hardly the only weapon damage skill we have (Arsenal? Most of the Impale runes?)
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 06:29 PMPosted by Myon
Why only Full Broadside though? It's hardly the only weapon damage skill we have (Arsenal? Most of the Impale runes?)

No skills of any class slow with cold damage. We currently have 56 runes that can apply a slowing affect in some way, but we are reduced to 18 runes in RoS.

Sections 03. and 04. detail them:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9308901329?page=1#1
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 1/5/2014 6:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
I do know about that, I'm assuming (if fm isn't mistaken in the first place), that some chill effect is being passed through because Full Broadside is a weapon damage skill, which is indeed how it works on live if you have a cold% damage affix on an item like an soj, I use it myself.

What's odd is that 1. cold% affix on items causing weapon damage skills to chill has supposedly been removed on the PTR (boo, I like running cull the weak), and 2. no one has been able to replicate this.

Are you sure you weren't using a cold element bow or something? And I'm curious why Full Broadside and only Full Broadside is allegedly doing this, since if it being a weapon damage skill is responsible for this, we have many other weapon damage skills that should show the same behavior.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/5/2014 6:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
1. cold% affix on items causing weapon damage skills to chill has been removed on the PTR (boo, I like running cull the weak),

Are you sure you weren't using a cold element bow or something?

I'm really disappointed with this change as well. I hope they're cooking up and effect for all elements and then implement the cold again, but I think I'm dreaming.

Cold% no longer works as you mentioned, but unfortunately I even did the tests with a 1.08 cold weapon and a new 2.0 cold weapon and neither of them applied the snaring affect. Its been removed in all ways. The color animations still apply though, you'll turn them slightly blue but there movement isn't impaired.

I've been using this in ptr while duel wielding:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ibVRTY!Yce!ZYZaYc

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ibVXTY!Yce!ZYZZYc

I realllly miss cold multishot though :(
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 1/6/2014 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yes I am really feeling the sting (cold Multi is what I run with in D3 live).

01/05/2014 06:58 PMPosted by TastySouP
I realllly miss cold multishot though :(

fminthehood did you log your bug in PTR General Feedback [2.0.1]??

I tried searching for this via 'Full Broadside' or just 'Broadside' in search function - no dice.

I also logged a bug in PTR but that was about the Cold SoJ not working, it could really do with bumping. I think I will go about using Bandicam to make a video as a reference point for the devs but in the end I think Kirus is right and they don't care.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10894849828#1

01/05/2014 05:24 PMPosted by fminthehood

Silver
Edited by Silver#6986 on 1/5/2014 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
@OP, your weapon probably has cold damage. It seems with the new version of legendary weapons, it's possible for the supposedly black damage legendaries (like Calamity) to roll other elemental min-max damage instead. Not sure if this is intended, since there was also a post a while ago that showed Buriza-do Kyanon rolling non-cold damage.

But AFAIK, elemental damage effects are not in place at all atm in beta and PTR. *sad panda*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]