Diablo® III

Sitting Back, Listening to D2 Soundtrack

I must say brings back some awesome nostalgia!

Although the Diablo 3 soundtrack is amazing, I just really love the D2 soundtrack!

I'm not even sure why, maybe its because D2 consumed a good portion of my highschool time.

LOL

Have you ever listened to the complete soundtrack of D3? Its quite good.
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Ultima

I have the CE and would argue that D3's music is a complete departure from the series. Blizzard has moved to this orchestral sound on all of their games and I really feel like it is overplayed.

It is too calming. The music from D1/D2 really helped to immerse you in the game. Grim Dawn's music reminds me of that old school, D2 feel. It is great.
Reply Quote
maybe, I dunno, I really like both soundtracks, but D2 DEFINATELY takes the cake.
Reply Quote
There are a few musical pieces I like on the D3 soundtrack but I have to say I like most all of the D2 soundtrack.
Reply Quote
I think the major factor is that the music HAD to be good in those days. Due to low graphics quality and stuff like that, they HAD to have above average music quality to help imerse you into the environment. Nowadays its all about graphics graphics graphics, but I always turn down game volume and turn up music volume and am usually shocked at how poor the music quality is in MOST games...

A shame really.
Reply Quote
d3 soundtrack is nothing compared to d2, and its not even nostalgia talking.

Matt Uelmen > random opera
Reply Quote
Funny fact: D3 music is actually good and probably the best part of the game, but it still loses against the d2 one
Reply Quote
D2, Lineage 2 and Aion are all epic. D3, not so much...
Reply Quote
View profile
The best by far was D2 classic music, much better than D2 LoD music which in turn is far better than D3's ambient noises.
Reply Quote
Listen to how sinister and demented this sounds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8klPYjS3ws

Especially at like 0:48 when the guitar comes in, or 1:52.

It's a shame the game turned out the way it did. I hope they just end it with RoS, move on to Diablo 4 and make a totally different game.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/07/2014 03:30 PMPosted by IllIllllIllI
It's a shame the game turned out the way it did. I hope they just end it with RoS, move on to Diablo 4 and make a totally different game.

This is what I'm looking forward to. D3 is already done, as confirmed by an almost 2 years later effort of RoS..
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Although the Diablo 3 soundtrack is amazing, I just really love the D2 soundtrack!

I'm not even sure why, maybe its because D2 consumed a good portion of my highschool time.

LOL

There's certainly a lot of great music each of the Diablo games! Do you have a favorite track that stands out to you?

I also think you guys are in for a real treat with the palette of music we have coming up in Reaper of Souls! If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet, I highly encourage you to listen to the preview track featured in our First Look: Westmarch Soundtrack blog to set the mood. :)
Reply Quote
View profile
d2 music was good, but imho d1 music blows any other soundtrack in the diablo series away.
Reply Quote
For me D1 will always stay my favorite. If you enter the town and that music, wow! Or the dungeon soundtrack, just amazing.

It has such a scary vibe.
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 04:32 PMPosted by Vaeflare

LOL

There's certainly a lot of great music each of the Diablo games! Do you have a favorite track that stands out to you?

I also think you guys are in for a real treat with the palette of music we have coming up in Reaper of Souls! If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet, I highly encourage you to listen to the preview track featured in our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11441421/reaper-of-souls%E2%84%A2-first-look-westmarch-soundtrack-11-6-2013"]First Look: Westmarch Soundtrack blog[/url] to set the mood. :)

I got a small question.

Starcraft 2 recently had the original soundtrack added to the game as an option. You can have only Sc1 or Sc2 soundtrack if you want. You can even have both enable. Would adding the original Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 soundtrack be possible for Diablo 3? For instance, we could have the Old Tristam song play when we're in town for example.

That ought to be neat.
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 04:44 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Would adding the original Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 soundtrack be possible for Diablo 3? For instance, we could have the Old Tristam song play when we're in town for example.That ought to be neat.

That would be so awesome. The D1 music is just.. killer. The drums in the dungeons, the guitar in town.. its just perfect. I would love to play with D1 music in the background, it would really do a lot for my enjoyment of the game.
Reply Quote
Although the Diablo 3 soundtrack is amazing

stopped reading here
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 04:44 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Would adding the original Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 soundtrack be possible for Diablo 3? For instance, we could have the Old Tristam song play when we're in town for example.

Funny thing: If D3 was moddable like D2, there probably would be a mod out already. Kinda like this one (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181312680) for TL2.

I simply like -most- of Matt Uelmen's experimental style, particularly the soundtrack to D1. And while D3's soundtrack is not bad - it's so okay it's average.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]