Diablo® III

Please update us :-)

01/07/2014 09:39 PMPosted by Arcagnion
Btw, we have nothing to announce at this time.

As noted by others, the update is appreciated (even if the news is 'no news').

Does this mean that we have given up on ever having local hardware for Diablo III in the ANZ region? Absolutely not, but until we get a definite yes or no answer either way I can't add anything else to the communication.

Unfortunately, after several years, it really doesn't matter what you say at this point. With as much respect as is possible whilst saying this (and I genuinely mean that), I really don't care what Blizzard reps say at this point, the actions of Blizzard are simply unacceptable from any reasonable point of view. You (Blizzard) have failed your clientelle over a long period of time, and continue to do so. It's so bad it's epic. Really.

Just know that the ANZ team is working hard to provide a improved experience for our players in the region, and if you think that's just a PR statement, it isn't.

I hope that's true, and it very well may be. Unfortunately there is zero evidence of this, which makes it very hard to believe no matter how much anyone might want to. I hope your work on this yields concrete results in the very near future, Arcagnion.

01/08/2014 01:29 AMPosted by jtcdgroup
I would have been just happy if they included an offline version.

I'd take anything at this point. I very rarely play with others, and offline would be an acceptable outcome in the short term for me, noting that the same is certainly not true for others. The fact a multiplayer game performs so poorly is problematic however, and offline is not the answer from this perspective.

01/07/2014 10:33 PMPosted by Gibs
Must be a really long feasibility study you guys are running...........

01/07/2014 02:19 PMPosted by Hypersonic
This whole issue is just one slow moving car crash.

01/08/2014 01:06 AMPosted by Shuth
1000x this. As Hypersonic said, this is just one epicly slow car crash.

You might very well say that.
Reply Quote
Thank you Arcagnion, that is what i need. No sarcasm.
Reply Quote
forgot to ask a question, hopefully Arc is still reading......

I pre ordered a copy of the physical CE, so would like clarifications.....

1) will the copy we receive be US copy or AUS/SG?

2) will we hit the same problem with patching it again?

3) will we have problem installing it due to the region thing on the first day?

Just would like to know if the team learnt from the nightmare ~2 years ago. :)
Reply Quote
01/08/2014 01:58 AMPosted by Perseforis
As noted by others, the update is appreciated (even if the news is 'no news').

01/08/2014 01:58 AMPosted by Perseforis
Unfortunately, after several years, it really doesn't matter what you say at this point.

This is the problem with Blue updates. People keep asking for updates and then when they give an update it gets twisted and molded to some attack on people actually working and doing stuff.
Reply Quote
Blue updates looks exactly the same as the one in 2012... I guess they're still working "hard" to provide that desired experience.

The answer is no.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Does this mean that we have given up on ever having local hardware for Diablo III in the ANZ region? Absolutely not, but until we get a definite yes or no answer either way I can't add anything else to the communication. Just know that the ANZ team is working hard to provide a improved experience for our players in the region, and if you think that's just a PR statement, it isn't.

..and until then I am not touching D3, not buying the expansion either.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately this is a major reason why we can't post about this regularly. When a blue posts it can be brought up months/years later and how annoying would it be to say every week or so 'We have nothing to announce at this time'?

until we get a definite yes or no answer either way I can't add anything else to the communication.

Hi Arcagnion. Thanks again for the response - it has been a long time coming and is genuinely appreciated.

I've re-read this and would provide some further advice. I don't think anyone is asking for a weekly update, and whilst I appreciate that the response was intended to be lighthearted, it's also a flippant response on a serious concern of the Aus/NZ community.

I don't think anyone is asking for a weekly update, but I do think people are asking for regular updates, and contrary to your statement above, Blizzard can provide updates, they just choose not to.

I feel Blizzard should recognise that continued communication is a necessary part of providing good customer service. The current model is one which ensures your customers are frustrated or even downright angry at the way they are treated as the evidence clearly states "Blizzard don't care".

I would propose Blizzard commit to a monthly update on a chosen day of the month (first working day or whatever) on this issue. These updates would by necessity not be in the form of 'we're working on it' or 'we don't have any news at this time' but rather could be 'we have committed a senior coder a junior coder and a network technician each three days per week to investigate and resolve this ongoing issue. We are exploring options X Y and Z and expect to be testing this for the next six weeks'.

I would appreciate both the regular communication and a more concrete sign that Blizzard are actually working on a solution, rather than just saying that this continues to be looked into.
Reply Quote
This is the problem with Blue updates. People keep asking for updates and then when they give an update it gets twisted and molded to some attack on people actually working and doing stuff.

I understand what you're trying to say here Grashnak, and was careful to be as polite as possible in the circumstances. No personal attack is intended but I do not want to give the impression I am anything other than dissatisfied with the position we are currently in.

I don't think it's fair nor accurate to say Arcagnion's update has been 'twisted and molded to some attack on people actually working and doing stuff'. I believe I've given a considered response to an unacceptable consumer outcome.

The history has been noted by others in this thread, but to repeat simply:
  • Significant ongoing problems have been identified with Diablo 3 impacting gameplay for Aus/NZ users
  • Blizzard's responses have been few and far between, and never specific with a single exception (in August 2012 stating there will be more news early the following year)
  • On the single occasion where specific advice was given, Blizzard failed to meet their own timeline (by a year and counting)
  • Concrete outcomes have been zero. Zip. Zilch. Nil. Nada.
  • Past action has eroded my trust that Blizzard is concerned about my experience as a user. When there is a lack of trust between parties, there's a lot of truth to the old adage 'actions speak louder than words'. Currently Blizzard's actions (no evidence of any attempt to reach a solution for their Aus/NZ user base) do not match their rhetoric ('we're working on this') at all.

I do appreciate Arcagnion's position is impossible and I empathise as a person, but from a consumer perspective I frankly don't care. It's his employer's actions (and no one else's) which have led to this, and as it's my position as a customer that I am strongly dissatisfied. I make no qualms about communicating this via Arcagnion as a paid representative of Blizzard.

Sadly this will probably see a retreat into non-response on these issues, which I would also note is absolutely not good enough. If you can't communicate regularly with your customers on problems with your product, you're demonstrating unacceptable customer service. Period.

I repeat: Continued communication is essential but it is going to take more than non-specific words indicating this is 'being looked into'. I've separately proposed how this might look in another recent post to Arcagnion in this thread.

This isn't a personal attack. It isn't disrespectful. It's simply a fact of how I feel about Blizzard's implementation of D3 for Aus/NZ users and also the way in which they have neglected their user base through a lack of communication. In fact, I'd turn the notion that Arcagnion's words are being twisted on it's head - it's Blizzard's actions towards me as their customer that are disrespectful. It's a disgrace. And I'm calling them out on it.
    Reply Quote
    I appreciate the blue post however I also get the feeling it was meant more a subtle insult more than a genuine attempt to provide meaningful information.

If blizzard really is serious about this community they would have more to say about our region in the last two years than what we have seen.

I mean come on we can have a factory designed built and functioning within 12 months yet a multi billion dollar company struggles to finish the feasibility work for servers in over two years? There is information there for if what we have been told is true blizzard just does not believe in transparency and will string us along indefinitely.

No disrespect to the community managers but their support is very limited and sub standard IMO.

I wish we could get some real updates as to what is going on in and around our region.

Blizzard was always my favourite game developer however that has changed in the last three years mainly because of there lack of genuine support for our region. Blizzard games are literally the only ones that I play that don't have local server support and it is starting to seriously impact the way I view Blizzard as a company.

Even if they provided the details as to why it is taking so long or not feasible at this time it would be better than getting the cold shoulder year after year and even if we don't like it we can still respect them for being open and honest.
    Edited by Gibs#1324 on 1/8/2014 6:39 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    @Perseforis

Sorry my comment was meant to be more generic instead of about your comment specifically.
    Reply Quote
    With the way things have gone with ANZ servers, this is very much in the "too hard" basket. Sadly for Blizzard, that basket is getting crowded.
    Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 1/8/2014 7:41 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    With the way things have gone with ANZ servers, this is very much in the "too hard" basket. Sadly for Blizzard, that basket is getting crowded.

Transparency is a word Blizzard should be using more often...........we know little we are told to trust them but that rope is wearing out very fast.
    Reply Quote
    01/08/2014 05:23 PMPosted by Grashnak
    @Perseforis

Sorry my comment was meant to be more generic instead of about your comment specifically.

No drama Grashnak - sorry if I misread your intent.

It's all a bit frustrating for us all, and I certainly mean no personal disrespect to anyone - CM's, yourself or others.

There is information there for if what we have been told is true blizzard just does not believe in transparency and will string us along indefinitely.

01/08/2014 04:39 PMPosted by Gibs
    Even if they provided the details as to why it is taking so long or not feasible at this time it would be better than getting the cold shoulder year after year and even if we don't like it we can still respect them for being open and honest.

This is pretty much one of my biggest concerns also Gibs.
    Reply Quote
    @Perseforis and Gibs - Thank you for your posts. They match exactly to my opinion of the situation but with a lot more eloquence. :)
    Reply Quote
    01/08/2014 08:52 PMPosted by Shuth
    @Perseforis and Gibs - Thank you for your posts. They match exactly to my opinion of the situation but with a lot more eloquence. :)

Patience does wear thin for all of us; I doubt we will ever see any meaningful information on this topic.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warlock
    Patience does wear thin for all of us; I doubt we will ever see any meaningful information on this topic.

I'd say pretty much that the answer we got is : NO.

Thats as meaningful as it gets.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warlock
    FWIW I deleted D3 off my hard drive some time ago and I am not buying the expac.
    Reply Quote
    What I don't get is that many of you complain with such zeal that one would think you all hated the game with a passion. But if one hated the game so much one wouldn't keep coming back to the forums to complain? And, if the issue is a technical one, why are you in this forum and not in the support forum?

Anyway, despite the fact I find these threads very boring, I don't doubt you all have very legitimate gripes based on lag. I constantly experience lag, but it's not to the degree that it undermines my experience. If you actually like the game, why don't you get a little more constructive and creative rather than the same old whinge thread?

Here's an example from Direblow: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11204270409

Believe me when I say these threads put other people off - you won't get much support from the community of people who enjoy the game and are still playing. But maybe you're not interested in that, even though it might be the only way to get Blizz to listen. Like I said, if you are here to whine like a child, ignore this reply and continue ad nauseum. If you're keen to make a difference, see the link above.
    Reply Quote
    @abend

while it is true some does that, but not all. I like the game, still plays it alot, lag or not, but still would like to get an answer coz we were promised one. I dont even mind a no. For me, i just prefer a closure.

Only reason im slowing down is the monotony. :D
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]