Diablo® III

RMAH -> blizz store balance Q (AUD)

hello guys,

just to confirm - even though my battle.net balance shows up as USD, anything sold on the RMAH (even as USD) would not be usable to purchase anything WoW related because my blizz store balance is only in AUD? i've confused myself a little reading about people not being able to purchase RoS with their balances, but also seeing i have the option to load USD into my battle.net account from the blizz store. it's been a long day and my brain's given up.

thanks!
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Hey mate,

USD currency can only be used to purchase things from the RMAH or games that are purchasable in USD. Blizzard don't offer any currency conversion and that's why we can't purchase things in USD.

If you want to receive AUD currency it's best to sell on the AUD RMAH.

I'm trying to find out what governs what is sold in USD or AUD, if I find out I'll letcha know.
Reply Quote
i hadn't sold anything yet until i knew for sure but had my eye on a WoW 30 day time card which is only available in USD, and i don't have any use for an AUD balance so in that case it'd be better to just have it go to paypal. i thought it would've been easier to have the USD balance and buy some time with that but alas, not an option.

ah well, thanks narull!
Reply Quote
My understanding is that it's set to the US RMAH by default and we had to change it to AU RMAH in the settings somewhere. I did this a while back and the RMAH balance went to $0 with it being AU RMAH and I had only sold on the US one.
Reply Quote
I've been told by Blizzard support that it is a bug which will be fixed twice in one ticket. In the same ticket they also said it is a bug that will not be fixed and you cannot buy the game in OZ from the US battle.net credits.

I'm waiting for them to actually update me again to tell me which one it is - a bug that will be fixed or not...

I don't think they know what they are doing.

They must still tell us what will happen to the credits in the account once the auction house closes. Maybe the solution lies in that statement, allowing us to transfer to PayPal and then buy it, or transfer credits from the US battle.net to Au Battle.net. One way or another we should have an option to make use of the US credits.
Edited by NightCrawler#1627 on 1/9/2014 9:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 09:02 PMPosted by NightCrawler
I'm waiting for them to actually update me again to tell me which one it is - a bug that will be fixed or not...

I've had both responses but in different replies.

Initially I was told that US Bliz Bucks could not be used to preorder in AU but can be used after a game goes live. I waited for HOTS to go live and I still couldn't use my blizz bucks. So I ended up buying the CE in store when it was discounted. But sometime after I activated my copy of HOTS, the Battle.net store allows the use of US Blizz bucks for me to buy HOTS. Go figure.

I'm gonna hold onto some Blizz Bucks and when LOTV DD version is out for over a year and discounted at xmas and can be bought for US Blizz Bucks... I'll get it then. I still haven't played through HOTS anyway.
Reply Quote
This is quite strange given that I was able to pre-purchase Cataclysm and HotS in USD with no problems. Buying in AUD was also an option.

Bugs or otherwise, it's just strange. They will get quite a number of angry players if they lock out ANZ players from being able to buy things in USD (if they have battle.net balance in USD).
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 1/10/2014 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 02:37 PMPosted by Hypersonic
This is quite strange given that I was able to pre-purchase Cataclysm and HotS in USD with no problems. Buying in AUD was also an option.

Out of curiosity mate, was this with funds you acquired from the RMAH only or have you loaded money onto your battle.net account too in addition to using RMAH funds?
Reply Quote

Out of curiosity mate, was this with funds you acquired from the RMAH only or have you loaded money onto your battle.net account too in addition to using RMAH funds?

The latter. Some of the battle.net balance I uploaded went into buying stuff from the RMAH. I've also sold plenty of things and ended up with barely enough funds to buy HotS; I can recall having 6 cents to spare.

Cataclysm was with credit card only (in 2010, typical credit card online purchase, well before the RMAH).

My purchase history also says the payment method for HotS was with battle.net balance on January 3, 2013 (2 months before release). All purchases are in USD.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 1/11/2014 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for that mate.

Yeah, I think it must be because I've never loaded any money onto battle.net. I have all RMAH acquired funds. I should just put on $20 and see what happens.
Reply Quote
Don't throw in $20 unless you plan on spending it. You can upload $1 minimum.
Reply Quote
01/11/2014 11:43 PMPosted by Hypersonic
You can upload $1 minimum.

Nice! Dunno why I thought it was a $20 min spend. Might just do this to see if it allows me to buy something using US Bliz Bucks.
Reply Quote
I was able to use my USD battle.net balance for RoS even it only shows it in AUD. Further info here

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10974057509
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]