Diablo® III

Do people still play D2:LoD?

I was wondering do people still play Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction. Because i'm thinking of repurchasing this game digitally, and I really enjoy playing D2:LoD multiplayer and I don't want to buy a game if it's dead :/
Reply Quote
People still play it. It isn't huge, but not dead either. I found it very enjoyable again.
Reply Quote
What is even better than their game is a Mod called Hell Unleashed. Good (small) community, Higher Difficulty of a game that makes you work together. I only do SC here because HC would just be insane. Boss fights are Epic. Let's just say you need to be level 15 or so just to try Blood Raven solo if you are just starting out.

Rewards drop very well in the game though and loot is a lot of fun. Lots of customization allowed with crafting and socketing (up to 4 sockets on many items if not more) PM me if you want to join in on the most fun Mod (in my ranking). I would love to start up again.
Reply Quote
I tried it again about 3 or 4 nights ago. Hasn't aged well.
Reply Quote
I tried it again about 3 or 4 nights ago. Hasn't aged well.

Sometimes you can never go home.
I rolled a sorcerer and played for like an hour but the feeling is gone because none of my old friends play it anymore so it feels like an empty house to me.
Reply Quote
01/12/2014 04:24 AMPosted by Negenity
I was wondering do people still play Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction. Because i'm thinking of repurchasing this game digitally, and I really enjoy playing D2:LoD multiplayer and I don't want to buy a game if it's dead :/

If you don't mind playing with bots.
Reply Quote
We have a few people still playing D2 on West, East, Europe -- DcloneIRC / IRC4Gamers. Off and on, I organize free dclone coops / walks but lately somebody has been crashing most all the walks.

Download any irc software (most use MIRC) irc server = www.irc4gamers.com // port = 6667
Reply Quote
Anyone still playing?
I like Diablo 2 much more than 3 and i would love to start palying again but is there any one who still plays it?
Reply Quote
I'd play
Reply Quote
I got back to D2:LoD a week ago. What used to be a place full of funny people and interesting facts has gone just empty. I'm quite sad that they would leave this game behind and focus on D3 so bad. I understand the idea of a new game, but they could try and maintain a team updating D2 with new items, events and other features.

I still play it, I'm a lover of the Diablo games. But let's face it: we could use a few thousands of players back there.
Reply Quote
yes. i just bought the game again a couple weeks ago after 10 years of not playing it, and have been playing every day. i cant believe how much better than diablo 3 it is. i guess i was in denial that diablo 3 was a fun game... i am called "netwraith" on USeast (ladder), but most of my characters have been in single player.
Reply Quote
Yeah I mean if you look at the last active years of diablo 2 it was a hell hole of bots spamming and junking the quality of the community play that was there from act 1 to 5 normal to hell. Then it seemed with diablo 3 they said F*** it we will by pass the years of solid community play and bring it all up front with half the people able to play together.
Reply Quote
i would play
Reply Quote
I never stopped, in 12 years the longest I've ever gone without playing LoD is about six months.
Reply Quote
is there privet lobbys for d2? feel like i could use some other people to help make it feel like it used to be.
Reply Quote
If you already own the game you can just register your game keys and then download it via your account management. You can also do that with Starcraft 1 and Warcraft 3, then you don't need the disc's either if you download it for the install.
Reply Quote
I played it a few months ago.
In Singleplayer.
Using PlugY. So no Bnet.
Now I cannot play Vanilla because no stash space.
Shame on me, I know.
...what about open battlenet? Is that free for all?
Reply Quote
this kind of made me emo :/
Reply Quote
this is exactly what im afraid of, concidering buying it again now years later...
Reply Quote
I played it again the other day, total waste of time, old, slow, clunky. I uninstalled it after the first act. I loved it back in the day, but D3RoS is far superior in every way. By the way it ran just fine on Windows 8.1.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]