Diablo® III

Rate the Monk above you ~ Revision Pre-Xpac

can someone rate my lowly monk please!
Reply Quote
Jarlaxle, i would upgrade your crit gem in your wep and swap it out with one of the ones in your chest or pants. if your dps i high enough for you to get more benefit from a crit gem than a red damage gem i would go with your 70% you have in your pants or chest for a bigger boost.
Reply Quote
@Maykind nice EHP/TDR on your monk, I bet she's really solid with dual LS.
p.s. Love your crafted bracers.

DarphG.
Reply Quote
@DethPath

Low dps, low vit, low armor, and low ias, I think you have much room to upgrade your gears especially gems too. My self-found gears monks, Battleboy, Auctionhouse, and DHL seems better gears than yours. Anyway, keep up!

6/10
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 2/20/2014 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
9/10 You know your monks obviously. I see so many basing their toon on paper DPs and not survivability. coming back for the xpak. Good to see monks are still solid.
Reply Quote
ManUnited. Thanks. lots of time off from D3 early on but getting back in more often. Trying to work on gear and gems more self found than AH but not as easy.
Reply Quote
@Deth there is lots of room to upgrade especially the elemental resistances. Someone rate my monk please, been out of the scene for like.. a year now, where do I begin :D
Reply Quote
Just came back after 6 months or so of not playing. Please rate my monk :) and offer any advice.

Cheers
Reply Quote
Welcome back to the land of Diablo.

Gear Suggestions

-Sockets are your friends, with that being said. Get weapons with sockets and 1 form of lifesteal would be nice(2.5%+, should try to get the max of 3%). Most of the time, you will want on weapons dex, chd, lifesteal socket, you can drop the dex roll for a higher tier average damage roll)
-Make sure your stacking resist match, I see a random +lightning roll on your belt
- Take advantage of easy set bonus ie. Nats 2 piece
-Try to bump your ehp a bit, your life seems a bit low at the moment (Usually I try to get +550 AR, 4500 Armor. 40K health)
-Farm those buckets of demon piss for easy upgrades! (Demonic Essences)
-When finding upgrades use a damage calculator to assist you, it will save you time and money. I prefer theasiangamer.com or you can use d3up.com

~Modz
Reply Quote
^ Umm, shave your beard! Would increase your dps x2 against the ladies.
Reply Quote
please rate my monk!!!!
Reply Quote
@Joker: 5/10 - your DPS is all right for low MP, but your CC, IAS, life, AR, armor, etc. are all too low to go higher. Next time rate someone above you to get rated though. :-)
Reply Quote
02/24/2014 06:22 AMPosted by Szythyxs11
@Joker: 5/10 - your DPS is all right for low MP, but your CC, IAS, life, AR, armor, etc. are all too low to go higher. Next time rate someone above you to get rated though. :-)

i think you need more attack speed and damage for high MP's...
use you rare weapon on the mainhand, many of the skills use only the damage of the main hand. said that, always the weapon with more 'black' damage needs to stay on main hand

http://www.diablowiki.net/Black_weapon
Reply Quote
@Redeemer:
02/24/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Redeemer
i think you need more attack speed and damage for high MP's...
use you rare weapon on the mainhand, many of the skills use only the damage of the main hand. said that, always the weapon with more 'black' damage needs to stay on main hand

http://www.diablowiki.net/Black_weapon

With the 25% lightning WKL, cyclone tri-gen spec (2.2 APS), in fact I do easily have enough DPS to do MP 10 comfortably - if you calculate it out it peaks out around 785k sheet DPS (including overawe). I kill elites quicker even than my 250k cm wiz, average 10-15 seconds.

On the black damage, I think I read it is the weapon that was last used that fixes the cyclone DPS, how can I guarantee that I am hitting with main hand? I tried it both ways, and I couldn't tell the difference either way, so I am not sure.

Appreciate your help!
Edited by Szythyxs11#1851 on 2/24/2014 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/24/2014 01:26 PMPosted by Szythyxs11

With the 25% lightning WKL, cyclone tri-gen spec (2.2 APS), in fact I do easily have enough DPS to do MP 10 comfortably - if you calculate it out it peaks out around 785k sheet DPS (including overawe). I kill elites quicker even than my 250k cm wiz, average 10-15 seconds.

On the black damage, I think I read it is the weapon that was last used that fixes the cyclone DPS, how can I guarantee that I am hitting with main hand? I tried it both ways, and I couldn't tell the difference either way, so I am not sure.

Appreciate your help!

With the spec that you are using, it is pretty much irrelevant which weapon goes in which hand.

It's also not, "the weapon with more black damage needs to stay on the main hand "The weapon with a higher avg dmg should stay on the main hand" The reason behind this is because certain skills only consider your main hand damage when calculating the skill damage.
Reply Quote
Edited by old97ss#1419 on 2/24/2014 8:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
. (3/10)
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 2/24/2014 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
not sure how well my monk is, but I can do mp8 with few deaths. mp10 with a group of friends.
Reply Quote
Looking for fine tuning advice before the servers come back up!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]