Diablo® III

RoS is going to disappoint many

I've been playing the PTR for loot 2.0 and I encourage all Aus/Nz players to read the "loot 2.0" forums...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/11864303/

You will learn to be careful what you wish for...

If you have a relatively good geared char lvl 60 to lvl 63 the drops will be so bad you will wonder why you paid good money for RoS, not to mention the "dumbed down to the lowest common denominator interface".

After lvl 63 things should/could start to get interesting except for the huge number of legs that only drop for salvage and since crafting is still only for gamblers who get addicted to "the possibility"...

But then that's only for the 7 levels to lvl70... before the P(grind) starts..

Self found peps should have a good time though, or feel cheated as they seem to be a masochistic lot.

I encourage you all to play loot 2.0 in the PTR, prepare to be underwhelmed and disappointed though.
Reply Quote
I have beta access, and I cannot agree with anything you say. All of my toons are geared pretty well, over 200k dps and good survivability. None can handle torment 1, and struggle with master even.
I actually dumped all my gear in beta, and used blood shards to gamble for gear

Please hold your opinion til RoS open beta
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 03:08 AMPosted by WAZZ
I have beta access, and I cannot agree with anything you say. All of my toons are geared pretty well, over 200k dps and good survivability. None can handle torment 1, and struggle with master even.
I actually dumped all my gear in beta, and used blood shards to gamble for gear

Hold my opinion WAZZ? Why? Are you saying any and all adverse RoS (or loot 2.0) opinions should not be heard or even voiced?

I do so remember running with Max MF pre Paragon lvls and finding nothing but complete junk and now you want me to believe something has changed?

Others agree as I'm sure you know ;-)
Reply Quote
BTY I play the PTR Master without any issue at all WAZZ, Master is not even close to MP5 Inferno IMHO.

It's all just a joke...
Reply Quote
You play it at lvl 60, wait til 70 then see how the difficulties stack

My comment was regarding gear. And until you gave actually play the beta you don't quite get the full experience of loot 2.0. I think it has been designed around RoS.

You are 100% entitled to your opinion, but coming from someone who has played the beta, it is much better than this trifecta gear we have now.
Reply Quote
WAZZ... for me it just seems like the console version delivered on a PC format... anyone with any experience can spot them, no?

RoS doesn't seem better, it just seems dumber.

Sure there are some nice new things, some new effects, buffs, monster effects/powers etc but really?

After only an hour or so I give up with the trash and just run the story line every time because it is just so boring.

The game as it stands pre RoS, with all it's flaws, is a better game IMHO.
Reply Quote
apart from some changes that i really dont like (nerfed atk speed again, PUR slaughtered, unexplained skill nerfs), im sure RoS will make D3 a better game.

It is called beta for a reason. Like wazz said, wait till the game ship then you panic.
Reply Quote
well i have not checked out anything on the console version as i dont play on the console. but besides a couple of things like Seansky mentioned, the game in RoS is MUCH better.

as i mentioned, you are welcome to your opinion (everyone is) and i enjoy people having different opinions. but it would be better to not make judgement until the open beta or when the game ships. I am pretty sure you wont be disappointed :)
Reply Quote
My current concerns only relate to BOA of items outside of a small "in game" team window... and lag.

Looking at the streams... you lose some - but gain so much more... plus options to synergise skills with gear - which allows a greater possible range of builds than the current couple of builds per class.

I am most certainly looking forward to RoS. Jelly that you have already seen it Wazz :)
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 03:08 AMPosted by WAZZ

This is unlikely to happen.

The open beta might just push certain fence sitters not to buy the game.

From my experience on the PTR and watching the beta streams, the PTR/patch 2.0 is NOT a preview to RoS by any means.

However, it does feel like patch 2.0 is deliberately neutered to convince or incentivise the player that if they want to play the better version of D3, they must purchase RoS.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 1/9/2014 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Here is my opinion after playing PTR.

My mp10 capable DH couldn't handle with ease Master with vanilla gear. Sheet dps was not the king anymore, and half of my gear was replaced with new gear which offers %bonus on certain skills. Master level turned into 1-shooting raid. And this is only lvl60 gear.

First experience on T1(70) with vanilla gear was terrible. I couldn't walk out of town to the Weeping and killing single white mob was similar mp10 uber fight... With PTR gear FoM reflects were only the brick wall. Again, this is only lvl60 gear.

Enchanting will bring second life to some vanilla gear for sure. Watch streams and read classes forums to see what can be done. Keep in mind, this is beta version, and some changes will be made; follow blues posts.

P.S. I don't have beta to play Torment, I asked my friends to invite me to their game ;)
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 03:38 PMPosted by Defender
S. I don't have beta to play Torment, I asked my friends to invite me to their game ;)

you sneaky little rat.
Reply Quote
One thing that I am hoping is that there are still incentives to play in groups. Prior to the group XP bonus the most efficient way to gain xp/gear was solo and that was terrible. The best thing about crpyt runs is not the xp (although that is great), it is the incentive/need to play with friends (new and old). I just hope that the gameplay in RoS makes that the norm.

People talk about loot and paragon levels, but what keeps me loading the game each night is the people.
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 03:28 AMPosted by madoberon
BTY I play the PTR Master without any issue at all WAZZ, Master is not even close to MP5 Inferno IMHO.It's all just a joke...

Do you have access to closed beta?

Suggest no.

I have access to closed beta, while I do agree that master is easy mode on a level 60 toon however, monsters scale with your level. Torment level 2 I would say is about MP12 with a level 70 toon.

As for drops and legendries, the good stuff you wont see till you reach level 70. On my Monk I have two weapons that have some sweet stats i.e 2.5kdps each also have a nice belt plus chest and other gears.

01/09/2014 01:05 AMPosted by madoberon
If you have a relatively good geared char lvl 60 to lvl 63 the drops will be so bad you will wonder why you paid good money for RoS, not to mention the "dumbed down to the lowest common denominator interface".

As PTR only allows you to gear level 60 items then how can you even say that there are not useful as you cannot equip them.

Also why link to the PTR threads, It seems to me you have made a judgment on others opinions than actual facts.

There is a lot of negativity in the forums to which you sir have contributed well. Everyone has a right to express themselves but don't get all bent out of shape when others don't agree with you.

PS I would be very happy to take you on T1 run and see just how easy you think it will be.

Also remember it is BETA not RTM
Edited by YDFWM#6389 on 1/9/2014 5:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 05:29 PMPosted by YDFWM
As for drops and legendries, the good stuff you wont see till you reach level 70. On my Monk I have two weapons that have some sweet stats i.e 2.5kdps each also have a nice belt plus chest and other gears.

Whoot!

Good to hear from you YD... so you up for uber carries on T6 yet? :P
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 05:29 PMPosted by YDFWM
As PTR only allows you to gear level 60 items then how can you even say that there are not useful as you cannot equip them.

Also, those crafting plans that have fixed main stats on live are broken on PTR right now. I think only the shoulder can be craft? I only crafted like 5 and got a couple that are much better than crafted over 100 on live.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
No matter what Blizzard say/do/give/etc they can never please everyone. It's just impossible.

That being said, two things I never understand.

1. Why make an assumption based on what someone else says about something that isn't finished and you haven't even tried yet.

2. If someone doesn't like something, why do they make it there job to make sure others don't like it as well?

Just something to ponder.
Reply Quote
I think we tanked this thread very well.

Madoberon, you've been defeated, drop a legendary item please :)
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 06:29 PMPosted by NickBaldyM

Whoot!

Good to hear from you YD... so you up for uber carries on T6 yet? :P

This is like turning the volume to 11. Wasn't there Neal Young song about something like that

Tournament difficulty only has levels 1 to 5.
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 07:18 PMPosted by Narull
2. If someone doesn't like something, why do they make it there job to make sure others don't like it as well?

They have the "I hate something, so who is with me!" type vibe. Maybe they are seeking confirmation or just attention. Well I think the response is a resounding "No, we are not with you!".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]