Diablo® III

RoS is going to disappoint many

01/09/2014 07:46 PMPosted by Lameduck
Tournament difficulty only has levels 1 to 5.

LOLZ - my bad... :) Must have been watching Spinal Tap
Edited by NickBaldyM#6414 on 1/9/2014 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
I tried the PTR breifly and liked what I saw so far, I noticed some instances in details on moves like Fist of Thunder have been updated with a more shadow kick animation.

The items much better in procs and stats , and the current hellfire rings updated as well from what i seen as i experiemented on making a bunch from the spare organs i had and some were producing way better stats and new stats such as reduce cool downs procs which dn't exist on current Diablo3

I was encouraged to try the PTR and was not dissapointed, but that's my opinion. And thats just the pinch of salt of ROS which i wasn't able to try :(
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 08:03 PMPosted by Oakover
2. If someone doesn't like something, why do they make it there job to make sure others don't like it as well?

They have the "I hate something, so who is with me!" type vibe. Maybe they are seeking confirmation or just attention. Well I think the response is a resounding "No, we are not with you!".

@Narull and Oakover.
I'm not hating anything I am voicing my opinion and in this case my dislike of where the game is heading. Yes I am encouraging everyone else to "try before you buy" and really what is wrong with that?

I have started a toon from scratch in PTR and yes it is awesome! The drops are sparse and there is incentive to pick up white trash for crafting, and crafting can actually make good gear, and occasionally something useful does drop. But that is starting from zero and with a (P) point pumped toon that kills all and doesn't die.

With my existing toons that I currently play, in Master it is all a complete <yawn>. Some interesting new additions but nothing game changing (apart from the inane only DPS/Toughness matters crap).

So what is/are your point/s? Toe the Blizzard fan boi line or get out?

And Narull I know you will have read this but still it is a good read...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11159515987

He obviously has nooo idea right?
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 02:06 AMPosted by madoberon
@Narull and Oakover.
I'm not hating anything I am voicing my opinion and in this case my dislike of where the game is heading. Yes I am encouraging everyone else to "try before you buy" and really what is wrong with that?

The problem is that in the title you are talking about RoS, but your experience is with the v2.01 PTR. They are not the same. Yep for a well geared D3V v1.08 character v2.01 is not going to add much in the way of new and interesting features to extend replayablity. However that does not mean that RoS is in the same boat. Your should have been talking about the fact that you were disappointed with v2.01, then your opinions would have been based on experience. I don't think anyone would have had any issue with that.
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 04:53 PMPosted by Oakover
People talk about loot and paragon levels, but what keeps me loading the game each night is the people.

100% with you on that Oak. I love the camaraderie in this community, and I also have some good friends in America, Canada etc.

Not investing quite as much time into the game atm, a lot going on in my life, but I find myself wondering at different times through the day, how my friends are doing. You guys are the best.
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 05:25 AMPosted by Oakover
@Narull and Oakover.

The problem is that in the title you are talking about RoS, but your experience is with the v2.01 PTR. They are not the same. Yep for a well geared D3V v1.08 character v2.01 is not going to add much in the way of new and interesting features to extend replayablity. However that does not mean that RoS is in the same boat. Your should have been talking about the fact that you were disappointed with v2.01, then your opinions would have been based on experience. I don't think anyone would have had any issue with that.

Just bumping this because of this thread...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11223562713
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 11:41 PMPosted by madoberon
Just bumping this because of this thread...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11223562713

Thanks for the link.
Reply Quote
More of the same... be afraid...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907

scroll down for the post by TheTias MVP - Technical Support

01/19/2014 12:59 PMPosted by Gibs
This leads to many players keeping their LV 60 Legendaries well into LV 70 because if they didn't, their build would be broken because the affixes aren't there on rare gear and may not even be there on Legendary gear in the new versions out at LV 70. This is the primary reason rares cannot compete with Legendaries at all. Being locked out of these rather necessary affixes damages their power capability significantly.But then there's the flip side: We've got Legendaries that are rolling worse stats and affixes than the rares they're supposed to replace. This is especially true of the crafted Legendaries and Set items, which almost always roll worse than the rare of the same slot does. This leads to things like what Drothvader and I have both experienced, which is finding a Legendary that can beat the rare in the same slot is very difficult. And with the drop rates the way they are, next to impossible.

RoS really seems Awesome @Narull and Oakover... how can so many other people be so wrong?

No really? You think Your experience with RoS is The Only Experience?

Seems tots broken to me...
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 02:19 AMPosted by madoberon
Seems tots broken to me...

Then don't play it (or post about it here)... if you hadn't noticed - the Aus/NZ forums is generally a highly positive / supportive area - if you don't share the same feelings, post about it in the general forums

While I am all for constructive discussion - you just seem to be hating...
Edited by NickBaldyM#6414 on 1/20/2014 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
@madoberon, I don't mind that you want to hate. Go for it. As you say, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But...

Why are you so intent on convincing everyone else that your experience is more meaningful/right/accurate/better than theirs?

No really? You think Your experience with RoS is The Only Experience?

Others are expressing an opinion based on their experience and trying to learn more by looking at the experience of others. You, however, are hell bent on telling people they are wrong when their experience and opinion doesn't match yours.

e.g.
RoS really seems Awesome @Narull and Oakover... how can so many other people be so wrong?

Neither Narull nor Oakover were trying to impose their views on others. They were sharing their experience and knowledge of the game in a discussion about whether or not RoS is going to be worth it. Both Narull and Oakover allowed people to come to their own conclusion. You, however, want to shove your own conclusion down other people's throats.

Feel free to express an opinion, madoberon. Letting people come up with their own conclusion about the game doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't disagree. It just means you need to stop trying to get everyone else to think like you.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 05:48 PMPosted by abend
@madoberon, I don't mind that you want to hate. Go for it. As you say, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But...

Why are you so intent on convincing everyone else that your experience is more meaningful/right/accurate/better than theirs?

I guess everyone has to have a hobby.

You don't even understand what I was saying, did you even read the words? No one has a problem with you having an opinion, what I had and have a problem with is that you started an argument with people who, unlike you, actually have experience with the Beta. The best opinions are made when you have direct experience. PTR <> RoS, hence you have no direct experience with RoS and as such should give a little consideration to people on both sides who do.

I have read all the relevant MVP threads and have concerns about some aspects of the extended replayability of the game.

Am I going to have fun playing the expansion? Absolutely, the PTR has shown me enough.

Will it last 1 month, 1 year or 10 years? I can't tell you, but I would say at least 6 months.

Are you going to have fun playing the expansion? I don't know and I will not try to tell you. In fact I will go a little further and say I really don't give a damn. Dead set, I have had more intelligent arguments with my 10yo.
Reply Quote
To the blind fanbois <yawn> no seriously <yawn>

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pc-game-of-the-year-2013-winner/1100-6416467/

enough said no?

You guys don't seem to understand the concept of objective criticism, are you just too young to understand such concepts? Your reality is yours alone, no one shares the same reality, go figure.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 01:42 AMPosted by madoberon
You guys don't seem to understand the concept of objective criticism, are you just too young to understand such concepts? Your reality is yours alone, no one shares the same reality, go figure.

ALL YOUR OBJECTIVE CRITICISM ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!
Reply Quote
01/09/2014 03:08 AMPosted by WAZZ
I have beta access, and I cannot agree with anything you say. All of my toons are geared pretty well, over 200k dps and good survivability. None can handle torment 1, and struggle with master even.
I actually dumped all my gear in beta, and used blood shards to gamble for gear

Please hold your opinion til RoS open beta

So much negative forum propaganda....make up your own opinions guys the PTR is fun as hell and ROS looks expensive...but over all great.
Edited by Alvis#6948 on 1/21/2014 3:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
I swore that my last comment was my last, but this is just too funny.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pc-game-of-the-year-2013-winner/1100-6416467/

enough said no?

Once again you are using other people opinions to try to convince the members of this forum that you are right. Please get it into your head that the people in this forum have access to the same information as you, and they have come to a different conclusion than you. And that is ok. The idea of a rational intelligent discussion is to provide individuals with insightful information for them to make an informed decision. Your ability to link to other peoples thoughts is truly an amazing skill.

You guys don't seem to understand the concept of objective criticism, are you just too young to understand such concepts?

Objective criticism would usually take some objective study of the material, rather than hearsay. Would you not say that you lack of access you RoS would affect your ability to generate objective criticism? If you had taken the time to learn a little more about this community you would have probably noticed that age is not something that most of us are lacking :)

Your reality is yours alone, no one shares the same reality, go figure.

It just keeps getting better, your last statement does more to support our argument than yours. I will repeat we are not trying to change your opinion, you are trying to change ours. Have you not realized that people stopped commenting on the quality of RoS and rather have instead been taking the piss out of your argumentative skills about a page ago. Please respond so that we can all have another laugh, it is truly entertaining.
Reply Quote
@Oaks.
Thanks for replying and saving me the hassle. You said it better than I could have. Such lols.

On POE, it may have won some award, but like others I dont like it. I found it slow and not as addictive if you will. BUT, the great thing is I dont care. My opinion is I dont like it. I dont force that opinion on others.
Reply Quote
I play POE. Quite enjoying it actually.
Reason I play is because it has a depth D3 doesnt have (ie. play a build that is different to most, yet is still effective)

However saying that, D3 is still my main go-to.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 02:06 PMPosted by Oakover
Have you not realized that people stopped commenting on the quality of RoS and rather have instead been taking the piss out of your argumentative skills about a page ago.

You gooooo Oak lol. Expressed in good old Aussie vernacular.

01/21/2014 02:50 PMPosted by WAZZ
On POE, it may have won some award, but like others I dont like it. I found it slow and not as addictive if you will. BUT, the great thing is I dont care. My opinion is I dont like it. I dont force that opinion on others.

Yep, I'm with you on that Wazz. Griz and I played it together, and now we don't play it any more lol.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 06:01 PMPosted by Septimus
Griz and I played it together, and now we don't play it any more lol.

Are you sure it wasn't just Griz that spoiled POE for you Sept? :)
Reply Quote
Haha Nick, well as usual, he does everything better than I do, so who knows.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]