Diablo® III

Save Unidentified Items for 2.0.1?

I don't want another Skorn with Dex+Int or a Mempo with Str+Int, so if I hold onto my unidentified legendary items until 2.0.1 will the new stat roll rules apply?

Or are we going to have a third tier of item appear? Similar to how we now have legacy items and the newer versions.

It's not a big deal, I'm just curious. Also with level 70 items around the corner it's of even less concern, but if I find another Skorn I may hold off on identifying until patch day.
Edited by Pickles#1139 on 1/13/2014 6:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Stats are not determined at the time of identification.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/13/2014 06:54 PMPosted by Pickles
I don't want another Skorn with Dex+Int or a Mempo with Str+Int, so if I hold onto my unidentified legendary items until 2.0.1 will the new stat roll rules apply?

Or are we going to have a third tier of item appear? Similar to how we now have legacy items and the newer versions.

It's not a big deal, I'm just curious. Also with level 70 items around the corner it's of even less concern, but if I find another Skorn I may hold off on identifying until patch day.

Stats are rolled when the item is generated instead of being rolled at identification. Which means that waiting to identify would not change the stat rolls at all. It would still be the same stats if you waited two months to two years later. Because like I said the stat are rolled at the time the item is generated.
Reply Quote
Even if you did save your items, there are entirely new ones that will be revamped, and yours won't exactly be touched by them if I remember properly. Just ID them now and sell/salvage it instead of waiting it out
Reply Quote
View profile
01/13/2014 07:00 PMPosted by Blueskies
Stats are not determined at the time of identification.

^This

In addition you can't use them to unlock transmorgifies either. Only ones you find in ROS will do that.

So no reason to save them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]