Diablo® III

free prep set

hey guys, I no longer play my monk and ive got a crypt prep set of gear that allows perma TR (with the right skills). its not a DPS set, quite the opposite actually. from memory its less than 20k dps. but it does the job for prepping the crypt.

if you want it, let me know :)
Reply Quote
did you end up getting rid of this? if you didnt I would like to have it so I can set it up on my monk im about to power level (for sole reason of prepping)
Reply Quote
Still available. Add me and its yours. Let me know what times you will be on and ill try to jump on around then, got a bit on over the next few days so won't be on too much
Reply Quote
Bummer, Grandpa3D beat me to it hahaha.

I wouldn't mind some advice on gearing and skill set ups for a Monk to use for prepping.
Edited by Detomaso#6964 on 1/14/2014 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Here is my dirty cheap setup: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WNxNiteHawk-1300/hero/35907493

- The aim is to not use IAS gears so that allow you to use a spear (slowest 1h) and a shield. The lower you attack speed the less spirit you consume.
- stack as much resist and armor as possible.
- use at least 2 items that have spirit regen (helm, SOJ).
- Some LOH.
- Some Life regen.

Skills:
- Crippling Wave (for stunning and regenerate spirit if you ran out)
- Tempest Rush
- Mantra of Healing - circular breathing (spirit regen)
- Mystic Ally - air ally (spirit regen) and to trigger spawning
- Sweeping Wind - inner storm (spirit regen)
- Inner Sanctuary - Safe Haven (to block them so you can tel port back to town). Can replace this with anything.

Passive:
- seize the initiative
- One with everything
- Chant of Resonance

Very rarely do I run out of spirit. While TRing, my health always full even over stuffs on the ground.

Another fun build is:
Mantra of Evasion - Blacklash, but with a little bit higher dps. I can pretty much tank the mobs until they die.
Reply Quote
Wazz I will add you tonight. Thankyou
Reply Quote
01/14/2014 06:03 PMPosted by Detomaso

I wouldn't mind some advice on gearing and skill set ups for a Monk to use for prepping.

Add me too if you like :)
Us Kiwi's gotta stick together... Those over the ditch are good stirrers ;)
Reply Quote
Wazz Please feel free to give the set to detomaso. my monk will be a while to get ready.
Reply Quote
01/14/2014 11:12 PMPosted by Grandpa3D
Wazz Please feel free to give the set to detomaso. my monk will be a while to get ready.

only if you are sure mate.
and due to your generosity, you qualify for a special prize. check out my other thread for a clue :P
Reply Quote
If nobody wants the set, I'll be more than happy to take it. I've actually just started to build my WD as a prepper, but a Monk prep set one cannot say no to.
Reply Quote
Awwww, I added you in game before Grandpa3D responded :(

Ahh well, you win some you lose some.
Reply Quote
MartO, I was in game for a few hours during the time grandpa responded and I have not received a request from anyone.
That aside he posted first and then detomaso, and grandpa has said maso can have it.

Sorry, and if you need help putting 1 together im nore than happy to help
Reply Quote
@WNxNiteHawk

Check out "The Three Hundredth Spear". It only has 1 random property so you would want to look for LoH or OS but is comes with 12%ms.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 02:56 AMPosted by WAZZ
MartO, I was in game for a few hours during the time grandpa responded and I have not received a request from anyone.
That aside he posted first and then detomaso, and grandpa has said maso can have it.

All good, I added you some time yesterday. Doesn't matter :).

Any tips would be good though.
I swear I saw someone post a link to your build on d3up but the link is gone now.
I'm building one as we speak, and I just scored a cheap Surcoat and Duncraigs Cross :D.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 02:56 AMPosted by WAZZ

Thanks WAZZ.
Will you be on tonight?
I hadn't planned on it but can jump on no problems. Am happy to exchange some unidentified legedarys for the prep set. I have around 10-12 sitting in my stash at the moment.

01/14/2014 09:18 PMPosted by Weegee

Will send you a request when I am next in-game. Would be cool to run with some more Kiwi's
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 04:13 AMPosted by martO

All good, I added you some time yesterday. Doesn't matter :).

Any tips would be good though.
I swear I saw someone post a link to your build on d3up but the link is gone now.
I'm building one as we speak, and I just scored a cheap Surcoat and Duncraigs Cross :D.

Try sending a request again, def have not recieved one.
Heres a link to the build. The inna reach is great weapon for prepping tnat people overlook. Allows the piece set which is needed for perma TR and a good EHP chest

http://d3up.com/b/1189995/tr-prep

01/15/2014 11:19 AMPosted by Detomaso

Thanks WAZZ.
Will you be on tonight?
I hadn't planned on it but can jump on no problems. Am happy to exchange some unidentified legedarys for the prep set. I have around 10-12 sitting in my stash at the moment.

Will send you a request when I am next in-game. Would be cool to run with some more Kiwi's

01/15/2014 11:19 AMPosted by Detomaso

Thanks WAZZ.
Will you be on tonight?

Should be on at sone point tonight, possibly from 4-5pm, then around 7 for an hour or so. This is melb time btw
Reply Quote
I am 100% thankyou
Reply Quote
Hi Wazz, Thankyou for your your offer of a special item. I however recently received some major generosity from another player who I wont mention but they know who they are. I feel that further generosity should go to a person who is keen to do ubers and higher mp levels however is not geared enough.

Ideally I would have preferred to private message this but I have no idea how to. anyway Jordan619#1448 would like to do soem ubers, and I showed him a bit last night but gear wise he needs a bit of a hand (more then I can do)
Reply Quote
I will add jordan, and organise a carry with our uber lord Ryoka. Will use my machines. He won't have to do anything but be in the game for a guranteed ring
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 04:01 PMPosted by WAZZ
our uber lord Ryoka.

*kneels*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]