Diablo® III

Still experience Lockups/Rollback of progress

100 Human Warrior
We are running verson 1.02 on PS3 and are still having frequent lockups and occasional rollbacks of game progress along with loss of items. After I lost an entire week's worth of gameplay at the beginning of December due to a corrupted save file (PS3 locked up during an autosave), we've been manually copying the save game data to a USB drive or PSN online storage after every session.

So far we haven't had another corrupted file, but sometimes the game will still lockup and the console needs to be reset. When this happens, it appears to roll back the character progress for that entire session, with accompanying loss of loot. It doesn't even roll back to the last in-game autosave but seems to reset to save point created when last exiting the game normally. I've loss several set items and legendary upgrades in this manner and it's getting beyond frustrating.

Your v1.02 update did NOT fix the lockup and save file corruption issue. Can we get an update from Blizzard on when these issues will be addressed?

Thanks
Reply Quote
I had this too and it is a corrupt file system on the PS3.

If you go into the PS3's safe mode and run options 3 (restore file system) and 4 (rebuild database) you will find the freezing stops.

To enter safe mode you need to hold the power button down on your PS3 till it powers on, beeps and then powers off. Then press and hold it again until it beeps twice fast and then release and you will see the safe mode options on your TV...you will need your cable for the controller too.

After I did this I've played for hours on end with no freezes and not had one freeze since in any game...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]