Diablo® III

Is the Blue tracker a friend only secret

Hello,

I have asked on this site before as well as emailed a few people I know the addresses for at Blizzard and I do not get answer, Yes, No, We cant help you and why. Nothing, No replies at all.

I know half a dozen sites out there that have the Blue Tracker, some with Item Databases, some with skill Calculators. ETC.

I have scoured the Internet looking for an API, or a Script that pulls the data (Other than the ToolTip which I use on my site and is quite cool) for any of these things stated above and nothing. Only links to those sites that have the Scripts or API's installed.

As is I am pulling from the RSS feed of one of these sites just to get some blue posts on my site but I would really like to do it like they are doing, the right way in my eyes.

I am not a programmer in any sense of the word otherwise I would probably know how to do it myself.

So, since I cant seem to find it in the wild, and no-one will share the knowledge or point me in the right direction, is this a friend only kind of deal, or do you have to pay blizzard for the ability.
Reply Quote
I came to this forum section to post the exact same question but here it is.

I agree fully with your OP and am looking for the same information.
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 2/2/2014 11:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
nothing eh? hmmmm
Reply Quote
Nope, Nada, sorry to say
Reply Quote
Oh, a respon...nope, nothing, no sign of an answer yet.

Is it just an html page scrub?
Reply Quote
It's a good possibility, at this point I wouldn't say no, but, I don't know how to do that either, so...

something interesting though, if you look at the one that diablofans has, it not only pulls the blue post but also the post the blue is replying to, which makes me think it is not just a scrub.
Reply Quote
actually that can be done in a scrub fyi.

hmmm, ah well
Reply Quote
03/03/2014 05:19 PMPosted by KamelJabber
actually that can be done in a scrub fyi.

hmmm, ah well

Thanks, I was unaware

So, I need a coder

It was offered to me once, someone to set it up, but he wanted $1,000.00

I said, umm, No, thanks anyway.

Sad
Reply Quote
It took me 2 seconds to find this via a Google search, and less than that to add it to one of the homescreens on my Google Edition Galaxy S4. What ever type of place you decide to add the Blue Tracker info, you'll need news feed software to pull the information in a format where you or your visitors can see it properly.

Here's the address you add to the newsfeed software:
http://www.blizzposts.com/rss/d3/en

Here's what it looks like on my phone:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7065872/%40%20Screens/Screenshot_2014-03-04-18-16-32.png

I don't require payment, but RoS would be nice. ;) (kidding)
Edited by Petrah#1246 on 3/4/2014 4:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/04/2014 04:11 PMPosted by Petrah
It took me 2 seconds to find this via a Google search, and less than that to add it to one of the homescreens on my Google Edition Galaxy S4. What ever type of place you decide to add the Blue Tracker info, you'll need news feed software to pull the information in a format where you or your visitors can see it properly.

Here's the address you add to the newsfeed software:
http://www.blizzposts.com/rss/d3/en

Here's what it looks like on my phone:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7065872/%40%20Screens/Screenshot_2014-03-04-18-16-32.png

I don't require payment, but RoS would be nice. ;) (kidding)

This is someone else, Blizzposts.com's blue tracker, not Blizzards RSS feed that people like Blizzposts.com is pulling from.

I already use diablofans.com's rss feed to fill my site until I can find a correct solution

Thank you though
Reply Quote
Is there different info between the two?
Reply Quote
03/09/2014 05:30 PMPosted by Petrah
Is there different info between the two?

No, there is not different info between blizzposts and diablofans, i'd just like to use the original instead of snarfing off of others.

Also, having the original I could do more with it like formatting and what gets pulled, by using a 3rd party's you are limited
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo Fans
View profile
There is no API. All sites that do this program their own scrapper tools. If you do not want to use RSS feeds, you have to program your own tool.
Edited by molster#1257 on 3/31/2014 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't know why I can't quote anything anymore, however, looks like @molster provided the answer!

And to that, :(

EDIT:
03/31/2014 07:37 AMPosted by molster
There is no API. All sites that do this program their own scrapper tools. If you do not want to use RSS feeds, you have to program your own tool.

Hmm, highlighting the text and hitting quote worked but not the "reply". Didn't the "reply" used to quote also? Oh man, I'm losing it.
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 4/7/2014 3:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 03:42 AMPosted by KamelJabber
Hmm, highlighting the text and hitting quote worked but not the "reply". Didn't the "reply" used to quote also? Oh man, I'm losing it.

Right after the reply button, there is a bubble button. That is the 'new' quote button. Just click there you are good to go! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]