Diablo® III

gold run

Want to a gold run if anyone wants to help
Reply Quote
While I admire your desire to play the game properly, if you're looking at acquiring gold by utilising your time well, the following vid shows you the most time efficient way to do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kwmJ_FepQs

No I'm not being sarcastic or anything either.

I'd recommend flipping items on the AH (esp if they sell on the RMAH) but the AH isn't moving a lot lately (well for me it isn't... haven't had a sale on the GAH for ages now).
Reply Quote
Actually, this does raise the point as to how much of a grind will the game be for new players when there's no AH for flipping items or RMAH to purchase gold. Or will the gold drops still be extra high like in the PTR/RoS Beta?
Reply Quote
Come RoS - you also get items such as Narull showed us during his Beta testing:

http://youtu.be/PfzZuxszOHs

Gold will be king... how you get it, will be grind and item bonuses
Reply Quote
New player progression will be interesting. I have played self-found with no HF and no paragon stat allocation in the PTR, but I had heaps of gold. With gold the game was heaps of fun, I wonder if the gold drops will be enough for it to still be as fun without being able to carry gold in from D3V.

One problem with a game like this that has been around for a while is that new players want to be where the guys that have been playing for 100s or 1000s of hours are. They forget that those players were not always top geared, I know that I wasn't for a very long time.
Reply Quote
01/13/2014 04:29 PMPosted by Oakover
One problem with a game like this that has been around for a while is that new players want to be where the guys that have been playing for 100s or 1000s of hours are. They forget that those players were not always top geared, I know that I wasn't for a very long time.

And you can't even hand down your old gears to beginners either! *sigh* / salvage /
Reply Quote
Yeah I get where you are coming from, but I sort of like that the way to progress in terms of gear is actually playing the game. The top geared players will most likely be the most dedicated ones, not the ones with the biggest battle.net balance or skill in playing the AH. But a better friends list will certainly help.

Maybe the new thing will be play-alongs, instead of uber carries high end characters give newer players time in game questing and giving them the drops/caches. Of course that would probably work best if the players classes were the same. There will always be a way to help others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]