Diablo® III

The ROS MF Monk

I think I am gonna call my MF pre-ROS monk "done," as I just can't stomach anymore AH searches. Check out my monk profile, I would love to get critiques, feedback, etc.

My goal is to have capped 300%MF in ROS with follower, and farm whichever low difficulty makes the most sense (probably torment 1). I know this equates to only 30% more sets and legendaries, but I think even that wouldn't be too bad, plus there would be tons of rares. I stacked as many percentages and sockets as possible since they have best scaling at 70. I will likely need to replace at least a couple pieces, just to get those massive dex/vit rolls. I am looking in particular at cain's set, which would be nice.

Rough estimate of stats at 70 with only legacy gear and follower (no paragon). Assuming rerolls to either 400 dex or 400 vit (not sure how accurate that is atm):

DPS: Not sure, maybe 1.5 million? From what I have seen these weapons can reroll to like 1.8-2k
44.5% crit chance
723% crit damage (with 130% emeralds)
2.76 attk/sec
1000 resist all (diamonds in sockets)
6500 armor (with STI, low I know for ROS)
180k life (super low, but with high life%, will only take a couple 70s to get to +350k)
- 7% damage from elites
+ 9% elite damage
300% MF

WEAPON REROLLS
Sun keeper- reroll holy damage (+50%)
Echoing fury - reroll min/max (+40%)

DEX REROLLS
Mempo - All resist
Witching hour - Intelligence
Inna's temperance - Dexterity
Lacuni's - Movement speed
Amulet - Strength
Ring - Vitality
Ring - Damage
Gloves - Strength/int

VIT REROLLS
Tal's chest - Int/vit
Vile wards - Life regen
Ice climbers - Strength/vit

BUILD
It will be all about moving quickly and plowing through low difficulties. Thinking something like:
Blazing fists
Wall of light
Inner storm
Air ally
Way of falling star
Annihilation

Fleet footed
Seize the initiative
Exalted soul
Transcendence

This would give around 10 spirit per second with follower. Most packs should drop after a few attacks and a couple bells. For elites, could probably cast like 5 wall of lights in a row with air ally activation. With all the move speed bonuses, this should be very fast.
Reply Quote
I have a similar setup, though its a TR variant pulling in 285% with follower

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/HGJohnny-1268/hero/35951267

Its pretty much ready to go and will primarily be used in a three set rotation along with a 300% GF TR set and a RC Lashing Tail Kick set. I figure the MF and LTK sets will be my main two farming / leveling sets while the GF set will be used when I need some cash.
Edited by HGJohnny#1268 on 1/12/2014 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Not to rain on the MF-parade, but after they announced the 90% effective nerf to Legendary/Set drops, it basically obsoleted any real reason to stack MF in RoS.

http://i.imgur.com/6IOaerd.jpg

Right now Torment difficulty increases 'Legendary Drop Rate' by 250%. So stacking 300% 'Magic Find' will only bump your 'Legendary Drop Rate' from 250% to 280%. Is that really worth giving up nearly every slot and gimping your DPS/toughness by that much? I'm not really seeing the advantages unless you are farming below Torment (normal-master) or just want a lot of rares/blues to salvage.

Now, it isn't clear how much 'extra legendary drop rate' each slider tick of Torment actually provides, but I'll assume it will be something like +50% per slider tick if Torment I base is 250%. (so T6 = 500% LF) That being said, I am also saving a few MF items (the Xeph on monk at least... but mostly for SR) but only if it's a slot that has at least 2 %-age based stats that will scale into RoS. If we have any faith in Blizzard's game design should expect Torment VI to be the best place to farm end-game.
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 1/13/2014 3:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/13/2014 03:37 AMPosted by Davlok
Not to rain on the MF-parade, but after they announced the 90% effective nerf to Legendary/Set drops, it basically obsoleted any real reason to stack MF in RoS.

http://i.imgur.com/6IOaerd.jpg

Right now Torment difficulty increases 'Legendary Drop Rate' by 250%. So stacking 300% 'Magic Find' will only bump your 'Legendary Drop Rate' from 250% to 280%. Is that really worth giving up nearly every slot and gimping your DPS/toughness by that much? I'm not really seeing the advantages unless you are farming below Torment (normal-master) or just want a lot of rares/blues to salvage.

Now, it isn't clear how much 'extra legendary drop rate' each slider tick of Torment actually provides, but I'll assume it will be something like +50% per slider tick if Torment I base is 250%. (so T6 = 500% LF) That being said, I am also saving a few MF items (the Xeph on monk at least... but mostly for SR) but only if it's a slot that has at least 2 %-age based stats that will scale into RoS. If we have any faith in Blizzard's game design should expect Torment VI to be the best place to farm end-game.

All the above comments are about using 300% MF @ 70. I actually plan on using a MF-TR build to farm the green out of patch 2.0 before RoS on master (since we can't access T1).
Reply Quote
I think we haven't seen the full plan of MF for the game yet.

They kept 300% MF cap, which is now impossible to reach without Legacy gear. I don't think they would design a MF cap based on Legacy gear.

They also nerfed Nagelring to 10% from 100% in the current ptr/beta patch.

So It's possible that the MF cap will be lowered to 100-150% or something. And the MF you have, will be the full effect in sets and legendary items again. A hidden effect without display isn't practical.

It's possible that they will include more MF items or sets to the game to make MF easier to stack and make reaching the cap (whatever it will be) a possibility. MF might even be reintroduced to Paragon 2.

MF might even be removed from the game "stops working at lvl70" LS style. That would retain the use for MF on Legacy gear the same way as LS on Legacy gear.
Reply Quote
What do you mean we don't know what the dev's direction is with MF?

Travis Day explained it pretty clear here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10895540027?page=2#24

Because of all of this we decided to not only remove MF as an affix from gear but also change exactly how MF interacts with different item qualities. MF will apply 100% of its benefit to Blue items, 30% to Yellow items, and 10% to Legendary and Set items.

Basically they are leaving it in the game, but making it so underwhelming the fact they are probably going to leave the 10%Mf on nagel makes it salvage trash. So either waste one "legendary affix" that could be say... an extra 50% spirit from all generators or... 1% more legendary find when you're already at 500% LF (hopefully) on Torment VI.
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 1/14/2014 5:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
I know that's what he said before. But stuff keeps changing all the time.

It just doesn't make sense to have 300% MF cap if it's unreachable. Maybe the hidden lower bonus for legs and sets makes sense, because some Legacy gear could be quite good otherwise.

It would make more sense if they placed a 100% MF cap and for example made Cain's set 30% (10% per item) and added a couple more new 10% MF items. The new MF could give maybe 50% effect to legs and sets.

Gem 41%
Nagel 10%
Cain's 30%
New item 10%
New item 10%

Some legacy MF gear could be very good under this system.
Reply Quote
I am building magic find chars as well, both dex and str. I have a couple of nice rares with mf and pickup radius to get me started. To enchant these magic find legendaries, you'd need a lot of forgotten souls, which are really scarce at the beginning.

Absolutely loving your mempo! Awesome find!
Reply Quote
01/14/2014 06:39 AMPosted by dominatus
I know that's what he said before. But stuff keeps changing all the time.

It just doesn't make sense to have 300% MF cap if it's unreachable. Maybe the hidden lower bonus for legs and sets makes sense, because some Legacy gear could be quite good otherwise.

It would make more sense if they placed a 100% MF cap and for example made Cain's set 30% (10% per item) and added a couple more new 10% MF items. The new MF could give maybe 50% effect to legs and sets.

Gem 41%
Nagel 10%
Cain's 30%
New item 10%
New item 10%

Some legacy MF gear could be very good under this system.

There isn't going to be a new set of MF rules for 'new' gear. It's going to be 10% legendary/set contribution from MF from any source - group bonus, shrine, etc. I've been advocating a sub-tooltip that lists 'Legendary/Set/Rare' find on the RoS forums and hope someone read it.

I guess we'll see what the new Cain's set is (used to be +100% mf, 50% exp).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]