Diablo® III

Forcing Diablo to crappy pve game

it's obvious that blizz has fanboys and scrubs hanging around to defend this incomplete wow designed diablo wannabe.
how long before they completely do themselves in??
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 05:12 PMPosted by Koil
Simple games provide value for very simple minds.

Casual gaming has ruined Blizzard with out them even realizing it.

+1

There is no plan to have a pvp game. blizz wants a pvm game.... i guess.
Reply Quote
View profile
So you want to join random games and kill other players who are using gear and skills for pve while you are decked out in full pvp gear using proper skills. How is ruining someone else's experience fun for anyone but you? There is a reason there is no pvp. A company worth billions does not leave something like that out because they felt like it. When you were happy doing loot runs in D2, I did not like having to leave a game everytime some douche like you guys felt the need to ruin someone else's day.
Reply Quote
PvP was never seriously supported in Diablo games.

Having "HOSTILE" in the game was a cheap, easy cop-out by the developers to add an extra layer of danger to the game. It was never balanced and it was never even tested. They just tossed it in and left it as-is.

And all it did was turn into a grief fest.

I do not miss it.

I wouldn't mind ORGANIZED, OBJECTIVE-BASED PvP of some sort, but not the open-ended nonsense we had before.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 11:18 AMPosted by KillerElite
So you want to join random games and kill other players who are using gear and skills for pve while you are decked out in full pvp gear using proper skills. How is ruining someone else's experience fun for anyone but you? There is a reason there is no pvp. A company worth billions does not leave something like that out because they felt like it. When you were happy doing loot runs in D2, I did not like having to leave a game everytime some douche like you guys felt the need to ruin someone else's day.

That isnt PvP. It is PK, and it is silly. No real PvPer would want that tbh.

The desire for PvP is a fair one. And Blizzard should try to deliver on it.
Reply Quote
Maybe you should go design the game you want to play instead of crying to devs to make the game you want.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/20/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Scourge
PvP was never seriously supported in Diablo games.

Having "HOSTILE" in the game was a cheap, easy cop-out by the developers to add an extra layer of danger to the game. It was never balanced and it was never even tested. They just tossed it in and left it as-is.

And all it did was turn into a grief fest.

I do not miss it.

I wouldn't mind ORGANIZED, OBJECTIVE-BASED PvP of some sort, but not the open-ended nonsense we had before.

^This exactly. I would be cool with PVP if it was not a grief fest. PK'ers made the game aggrevating for many players.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/20/2014 11:27 AMPosted by Shadout

The problem with pvp in diablo 2 is that it was all about PK'ing. These guys in this thread are not talking about having civilized duels, they want hostility back.
Reply Quote
If you honestly wanted to PvP, you would be playing a different game by now. No, seriously. It is no secret how Blizz feels about PvP in D3. It will not happen.
Reply Quote
They don't want any features to compete with their other games. They want Diablo to be your casual console game. It's a great addition to their portfolio and will look attractive to investors, seeing a successful console game.
Reply Quote
Agree with op.

Anyone who says otherwise, do a quick experiment:

1. Log on to d2, (if you have a geared character this is pretty much required)
2. Create 10 games with the words PvP, PK. duels, etc.
3. Create 10 games with the words pve, questing, boss run, etc.

See how fast each one takes to fill up.

4. Repeat steps 2-3 for how many times it takes you to realize pvp > pve or die from exhaustion/stubbornness.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 12:11 PMPosted by KillerElite

The problem with pvp in diablo 2 is that it was all about PK'ing. These guys in this thread are not talking about having civilized duels, they want hostility back.

This is complete bs, tons and tons of games were pure duels outside act 1 rogue encampment
Reply Quote

I know. I'm hardly supporting those.
Doesn't change that Blizzard should add real PvP :)

Duels, group vs groups and such. Guess they could call it arena or something silly.
And of course it should be somewhat balanced, as far as that is possible in an A-RPG.

The only type of PvP I really care about would be objective based PvP, but that would probably be hard to do right in an A-RPG.
Those who just want to beat each others face should have the chance though.
Edited by Shadout#2849 on 1/20/2014 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 12:11 PMPosted by KillerElite

yet diablo 2 had such a strong following ???
it wasn't just 1 group of players being targeted by the epic elite pk'rs
EVERY1 experienced their baal run being under attack by some1, it wasn't like only a certain group of players were targeted
it added fun to the game
pk is a large part of what made diablo 2 amazing, however not the only part

d3 lacks everything diablo 2 had, which i guess is what they're going for but it's not working out for them X) at all LOL
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 12:40 PMPosted by UGotGanked
If you got PKed it was due to ignorance and terrible performance, and should blame yourself rather than spreading lies that ruin the fun for those who liked it.

I agree. Anyone who said hostile mode was a problem is so ignorant it's painful to read everytime it gets posted.

If you were playing in a full party and one member goes hostile, there's seven of you to take the one PK down.

If seven players isn't enough to defeat one PK, then perhaps you should be getting PK'd

Players who got hostile'd and couldn't fight back were usually the ones who glitched their way to Hell Chaos and were following around a Hammerdin bot.

As you said, everyone else put a password on their party or simply waited in town or left. It couldn't have been easier to avoid PK's but some players would let their pride get in the way then have the nerve to complain about it.
Reply Quote
PK issues were greatly exaggerated by the inexperienced cry babies. Hostile mode required both parties to agree to it past the earliest D2 patches in order for anyone to die, and players could always just create a private game if they wanted to avoid PKers 100% of the time. Griefing was a problem only for complete idiots who refused to leave a game where they allowed a PKer into just so they could be picked on. You really had to be a moron or a masochist to get PKed in D2. Most of the time, people who got PKed asked for it by trying to fight a PKer, and then cried about it after they lost. Everyone wins some and loses some, but you learn to enjoy it and improve at it, or you can decide it wasn't worth it for you and avoid it. It was always a choice, it is simply the whiners who failed at it that speak nonsense about it ruining fair game play. If you got PKed it was due to ignorance and terrible performance, and should blame yourself rather than spreading lies that ruin the fun for those who liked it.

PvP should just allow those willing to participate, the options to fight other players however they want to. In D2 there was Pkers, Griefers, Duelers, Team dueling, FFA PvP games, you name it. Everyone who liked PvP of all types probably participated in a bit of everything aside from the main way they focused on PvP. The freedom to PvP anywhere in the game with anyone in 8 player games let the real players decide what was fun for them and those they interacted with. This is what D3 needs in some capacity, options for players to choose from to PvP with one another, giving purpose to the game by various forms of competition.

Those not interested in PvP have nothing to do with it, and have no reason to speak ill of it since it will never affect them unless they choose to participate. The only reason anyone has to troll with an anti-PvP mind set is because they don't want players who would be better than them to have an avenue towards being considered a better players than they are in any way other than farming PvE without cause. Utterly pathetic.

+1

way too many children on here
no one could come in and ruin your game because you were given a choice (accept/decline)but I guess sometimes making simple decisions can be overwhelming for certain individuals.
D2 thrived as a loot hunting game(yes loot that was itemized properly and creatively) that supplied gear for pvp, crafting was huge in ladder and made sense to have that way.
bottom line is casual and scrubs don't have the attention span for it nor time I guess, thus the console treament was given to the Diablo franchise
Edited by EXiLE#1861 on 1/20/2014 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
pk was not hard to avoid. /save and exit = instant. you act like every other game you got hunted down, it was MAYBE 1/20 games a random guy hostiled and ACTUALLY got to you. I never went around pking random people, but i did challenge the people that did and usually killed them and it was pretty fun. I said NOTHING about pking in this post before the pvp haters came. I joined duels games. /hostile and the world pvp was unique aspect and really fun. no rules pvp at times in duels games or the players made the rules. we don't need anything more than what we used to have
Edited by Doomhowser#1533 on 1/21/2014 7:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
PK issues were greatly exaggerated by the inexperienced cry babies. Hostile mode required both parties to agree to it past the earliest D2 patches in order for anyone to die, and players could always just create a private game if they wanted to avoid PKers 100% of the time. Griefing was a problem only for complete idiots who refused to leave a game where they allowed a PKer into just so they could be picked on. You really had to be a moron or a masochist to get PKed in D2. Most of the time, people who got PKed asked for it by trying to fight a PKer, and then cried about it after they lost. Everyone wins some and loses some, but you learn to enjoy it and improve at it, or you can decide it wasn't worth it for you and avoid it. It was always a choice, it is simply the whiners who failed at it that speak nonsense about it ruining fair game play. If you got PKed it was due to ignorance and terrible performance, and should blame yourself rather than spreading lies that ruin the fun for those who liked it.

PvP should just allow those willing to participate, the options to fight other players however they want to. In D2 there was Pkers, Griefers, Duelers, Team dueling, FFA PvP games, you name it. Everyone who liked PvP of all types probably participated in a bit of everything aside from the main way they focused on PvP. The freedom to PvP anywhere in the game with anyone in 8 player games let the real players decide what was fun for them and those they interacted with. This is what D3 needs in some capacity, options for players to choose from to PvP with one another, giving purpose to the game by various forms of competition.

Those not interested in PvP have nothing to do with it, and have no reason to speak ill of it since it will never affect them unless they choose to participate. The only reason anyone has to troll with an anti-PvP mind set is because they don't want players who would be better than them to have an avenue towards being considered a better players than they are in any way other than farming PvE without cause. Utterly pathetic.

haha right on you nailed it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]