Diablo® III

Forcing Diablo to crappy pve game

01/20/2014 10:09 AMPosted by BigXII
Diablo is a PvE game though.

D2 was and IS a pvp game. that was the point of the game - get good gear, go smash other players...

im sorry but that is your opinion and yours only , i have lots of friends who only 100% play for competitive LADDER , racing levels and grinding gear. diablo 2 was not a PVP game anymore than it was a pure PVE game , stop spewing your trash as if it was the general populace's opinion , me and my friends certainly do not agree with you.
Reply Quote
01/17/2014 06:16 AMPosted by Roffles
The game lists(Yea thats right game lists not random queue BS) were full of DUELS games back in the day, so don't come in here and say that diablo was/is a pve game only.

I just remember cows run 23 , bloody run 55, baal run 22.

Then some duel duels duelz duellls.. Maybe 10 or so duel games.

Don't bring that BS that the game list was full of duels games lol :) not nearly. Perhaps now when everyone just bot in their own private game so all that is left is the pvp games?

PK issues were greatly exaggerated by the inexperienced cry babies. Hostile mode required both parties to agree to it past the earliest D2 patches in order for anyone to die, and players could always just create a private game if they wanted to avoid PKers 100% of the time. Griefing was a problem only for complete idiots who refused to leave a game where they allowed a PKer into just so they could be picked on. You really had to be a moron or a masochist to get PKed in D2

Wtf are you talking about I can just go to D2 right now and hostile someone and kill them. Thats how it has always been. They don't need to agree for PVP..

Private games were no fun in D2 especially if there was no friends online. You would be playing single player with reduced exp and loot. At the time of TPPK in HC 90% of the players had to play private games.. multiboxin some other characters into the game to get more exp and loot..

They just added some timers to waypoints so you cant just insta kill someone there etc. (5-10 sec timer)

It was easy to get killed in D2 by PK who used hacks. Very easy to avoid those who didn't use hacks.

TPPK was pretty much instakill in LoD also sometimes in Classic too..

01/22/2014 12:17 AMPosted by Zbik
D2 was and IS a pvp game. that was the point of the game - get good gear, go smash other players...

For many it wasn't

And if you really think so why don't you go to D2 and play PVP?

I wonder how many of these PvP whiners actually even tried D3 pvp.. probably just whining around here just for the kicks. D3 pvp is pretty much like those Duel games in Blood moor D2.
Edited by akse#2721 on 1/22/2014 12:46 AM PST
Reply Quote

im sorry but that is your opinion and yours only , i have lots of friends who only 100% play for competitive LADDER , racing levels and grinding gear. diablo 2 was not a PVP game anymore than it was a pure PVE game , stop spewing your trash as if it was the general populace's opinion , me and my friends certainly do not agree with you.

PVP is one the main reasons D2 stayed alive all these years, goes hand in hand with trade so you should've at least figured that out.
Loot Hunt amazing gear so you can Trade it or apply it in PVP, pvm was meant for loot but nothing more, yeah Ladder was cool for the race and ladder specifics
It's nice to know you and your friends didn't play PVP lol but numbers clearly show it was the biggest thing going on for the longest amount of time, right there with the ladder of course on importance.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 12:35 AMPosted by akse
The game lists(Yea thats right game lists not random queue BS) were full of DUELS games back in the day, so don't come in here and say that diablo was/is a pve game only.

I just remember cows run 23 , bloody run 55, baal run 22.

Then some duel duels duelz duellls.. Maybe 10 or so duel games.

Don't bring that BS that the game list was full of duels games lol :) not nearly. Perhaps now when everyone just bot in their own private game so all that is left is the pvp games?

PK issues were greatly exaggerated by the inexperienced cry babies. Hostile mode required both parties to agree to it past the earliest D2 patches in order for anyone to die, and players could always just create a private game if they wanted to avoid PKers 100% of the time. Griefing was a problem only for complete idiots who refused to leave a game where they allowed a PKer into just so they could be picked on. You really had to be a moron or a masochist to get PKed in D2

Wtf are you talking about I can just go to D2 right now and hostile someone and kill them. Thats how it has always been. They don't need to agree for PVP..

Private games were no fun in D2 especially if there was no friends online. You would be playing single player with reduced exp and loot. At the time of TPPK in HC 90% of the players had to play private games.. multiboxin some other characters into the game to get more exp and loot..

They just added some timers to waypoints so you cant just insta kill someone there etc. (5-10 sec timer)

It was easy to get killed in D2 by PK who used hacks. Very easy to avoid those who didn't use hacks.

TPPK was pretty much instakill in LoD also sometimes in Classic too..

For many it wasn't

And if you really think so why don't you go to D2 and play PVP?

I wonder how many of these PvP whiners actually even tried D3 pvp.. probably just whining around here just for the kicks. D3 pvp is pretty much like those Duel games in Blood moor D2.

Wow this clown is far off lol
Reply Quote
Man people are still talking about this I thought they would have gave up by now. There are other games that have PvP in it. You could always go play them.
Reply Quote
I want my coconut to taste like an apple and while your at it blizzard, make diablo RoS a first person shooter as well.
Reply Quote
PVP Is what Diablo 3 NEEDS, no other mechanics have been an effective endgame PVP is a amazing endgame

Hostile options when creating new games

allow us to ally in PVP for team duels

Loot duels

Game name's and public listings just like Diablo 2 with descriptions and a listing of current players

This stuff is simple how did you ever over look this as important features in a Diablo game?
Reply Quote
WTF have you guys been playing?

01/20/2014 10:09 AMPosted by BigXII

Wow... so much wrong in that sentence.

D1 and D2 were NEVER PvP games; that's something that the community did on their own. More power to you if you enjoyed it but that was certainly NOT the point of the game.

It's a side effect of player choice; a good thing to have, mind you.

01/19/2014 10:01 PMPosted by Urgle
Diablo 1 was pve, diablo 2 was pve/pvp which was evolving the game.

This is also wrong. In act, D2's systems made the series progressively more carebear. In D1, you didn't declare yourself as hostile... you just KILL.
Edited by Gix#1916 on 1/22/2014 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Diablo at first was a PvE game, what are you talking about? Just going off of the title, but Diablo 1 was a PvE game, like mostly every RPG game that doesn't have pvp.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 07:17 AMPosted by EXiLE

PVP is one the main reasons D2 stayed alive all these years, goes hand in hand with trade so you should've at least figured that out.
Loot Hunt amazing gear so you can Trade it or apply it in PVP, pvm was meant for loot but nothing more, yeah Ladder was cool for the race and ladder specifics
It's nice to know you and your friends didn't play PVP lol but numbers clearly show it was the biggest thing going on for the longest amount of time, right there with the ladder of course on importance.

yeah youre right , it was clearly important , pvp was so important blizzard has put alot of thought and care into it for d3 , just stop , this is embarrassing
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 10:12 AMPosted by BigXII

What friends, bud?

Cause youre in the minority -- let me guess youre one of the baddies who sucked at A1 pvp... go find another game.

HAI GUISE COM JOIN A1PVPVPVPVP TELEPORT TELEPORT TELEPORT ONE SHOT

LOL NOOBGG UNINSTALL , if me and my friends are the minority then why hasnt pvp in diablo evolved , well i dunno AT ALL in d3 , you are absolutely mental
Reply Quote
make arena mode with special pvp arena type items you can win like trophies maybe a chain of skulls that hangs off your belt or necklace of ears or fingers only the top pvp masters can display these brutal winnings.. anyone?
Reply Quote
Yes please, lets focus a few million dollars and the next 2 years polishing a part of the game that is an "extra" and get our attention away from the rest of the pve game because all is well about diablo3 except pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'd rather them tell a good story and focus on making characters more unique(Making several skillsets and playstyles viable) before they work on a lot of pvp stuff
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]