Diablo® III

PVP and the LIE that followed...

37 Tauren Paladin
The developers showed off PvP in 2010 (2 years before the game was released) at various game events. The press and gamers had a chance to play it and the reviews were positive. That vision of PvP was never released to the general public via the retail launch and has been ignored by Blizzard completely.

Didn't Jay Wilson say that PvP was coming by the end of 2012 or it would be a disaster? Still no word about PvP by Blizzard. I don't understand how a company with so much money can make such a terrible product and also omit some of the best parts of the Diablo series.
Reply Quote
Don't care about pvp, didn't in a d2, don't now.
Reply Quote
this really need to be repeated?

Diablo games have never been about the PvP element. Despite what you remember, PvP wasn't even all that popular. This game has always been about killing monsters and getting loot. PvE is the heart of this game. Just like Trading, PvP simply doesn't belong. The Diablo Development Team at Blizzard has tons of experience with Platformer Games, RTS, FPS, and MMO's. If anyone knows what's fun in a ARPG it's them.

Plz dont become like those "other" famous "trolls?".

I got used to respecting and agreeing with most of your posts on the forums.

When you resort to repeating the sarcasm though.........
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:16 PMPosted by mikeab7925
PvE is the heart of this game.

Funny thing about a heart- it's meaningless unless it is connected to other functioning parts.
Reply Quote
Diablo games have never been about the PvP element.[/i]

i played d1 only for pvp.
i played d2 only for pvp.
almost everyone i know who bought d3 with me geared their characters waiting for pvp, then left after some month.

and just to make some proof that you are wrong here is what the developers said they expected their player to want from a diablo 3 game right before the release.

"While we work on making sure PvP lives up to its full potential, we hope you'll find some consolation in the fact that soon, you'll be having a blast leveling characters, finding items, learning the classes, and perfecting builds…and that when the Arenas do arrive, you’ll be all the better prepared for battle.

When the PvP patch is ultimately ready, it will add multiple Arena maps with themed locations and layouts, PvP-centric achievements, and a matchmaking system that will help you and your team get into fairly matched games quickly and easily. We'll also be adding a personal progression system that will reward you for successfully bashing in the other team's skulls.

We know a lot of you are looking forward to PvP, and we’ll be focusing our post-launch efforts on making sure the Arenas are as brutal, bloody, fast-paced, and awesome as we know they can be. In the meantime, we're in the process of putting the finishing touches on what we think is a truly epic campaign and co-op experience for launch."

Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:25 PMPosted by mikeab7925
Jay Wilson was the only thing preventing BoA and attempting to get Arena in the game. like him or not the game is getting much worse without him.

Josh has been Jay Wilsons friend since before sanctuary, and worked with him before supposedly.
Reply Quote
this really need to be repeated? not sarcasm (referring to OP's repeated post from another thread)

Diablo games have never been about the PvP element. Despite what you remember, PvP wasn't even all that popular. This game has always been about killing monsters and getting loot. PvE is the heart of this game. Just like Trading, PvP simply doesn't belong. The Diablo Development Team at Blizzard has tons of experience with Platformer Games, RTS, FPS, and MMO's. If anyone knows what's fun in a ARPG it's them. nothing but sarcasm (my repeated post from another thread. again sarcasm here. i want Arena PvP like the rest of you)

and what has this got to do with anything? stop spewing this crap.

you have completely avoided the point, they built and advertised an arena feature, people bought the game assuming this feature would be in the game, the feature is still not in the game. developers have come out and said that this feature SHOULD be in the game.

thats it, whether or not you think pvp should be in d3 is irrelevant.
Reply Quote
37 Tauren Paladin
01/19/2014 11:26 PMPosted by Drorian
Diablo games have never been about the PvP element.[/i]

i played d1 only for pvp.
i played d2 only for pvp.
almost everyone i know who bought d3 with me geared their characters waiting for pvp, then left after some month.

and just to make some proof that you are wrong here is what the developers said they expected their player to want from a diablo 3 game right before the release.

"While we work on making sure PvP lives up to its full potential, we hope you'll find some consolation in the fact that soon, you'll be having a blast leveling characters, finding items, learning the classes, and perfecting builds…and that when the Arenas do arrive, you’ll be all the better prepared for battle.

When the PvP patch is ultimately ready, it will add multiple Arena maps with themed locations and layouts, PvP-centric achievements, and a matchmaking system that will help you and your team get into fairly matched games quickly and easily. We'll also be adding a personal progression system that will reward you for successfully bashing in the other team's skulls.

We know a lot of you are looking forward to PvP, and we’ll be focusing our post-launch efforts on making sure the Arenas are as brutal, bloody, fast-paced, and awesome as we know they can be. In the meantime, we're in the process of putting the finishing touches on what we think is a truly epic campaign and co-op experience for launch."
'

+1
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:34 PMPosted by mikeab7925
even if friends, they obviously have/had 2 completely different goals for D3. one said BoA won't be prevalent in this game. the other is implementing it. one wanted Arena in the game. the other avoids all discussion on it. i still think Jay Wilson was the lesser of the 2 evils.

AGREED
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:53 PMPosted by mikeab7925
and what has this got to do with anything? stop spewing this crap.

you have completely avoided the point, they built and advertised an arena feature, people bought the game assuming this feature would be in the game, the feature is still not in the game. developers have come out and said that this feature SHOULD be in the game.
dude. reread my post. especially the words in italics. then go to bed. you really need your sleep for english class.

edit: i did a sarcastic post to troll the OP for repeating his post from another thread. this also is fun for me to catch people who skim a post and respond proving reading is fundamental. best part is it brings out constructive thoughts as to why that's a wrong statement. which most of it is stolen from fanboys failed arguments.

was that italics part included in the original post? if so apologies, if not its hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic or just posting the usual drivel.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:10 PMPosted by Armyveteran
The developers showed off PvP in 2010 (2 years before the game was released) at various game events. The press and gamers had a chance to play it and the reviews were positive. That vision of PvP was never released to the general public via the retail launch and has been ignored by Blizzard completely.

Didn't Jay Wilson say that PvP was coming by the end of 2012 or it would be a disaster? Still no word about PvP by Blizzard. I don't understand how a company with so much money can make such a terrible product and also omit some of the best parts of the Diablo series.

Lawl. You copied my reply in the thread "Is Blizzard even listening?" at the top of the page.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11223882963?page=9

Glad to see plagarism is still alive in the world. Please try and create your own reply in the future to express your disappointment. Not sure what else to say, but thanks for agreeing with my opinion.
Reply Quote
this really need to be repeated? not sarcasm (referring to OP's repeated post from another thread)

Diablo games have never been about the PvP element. Despite what you remember, PvP wasn't even all that popular. This game has always been about killing monsters and getting loot. PvE is the heart of this game. Just like Trading, PvP simply doesn't belong. The Diablo Development Team at Blizzard has tons of experience with Platformer Games, RTS, FPS, and MMO's. If anyone knows what's fun in a ARPG it's them. nothing but sarcasm (my repeated post from another thread. again sarcasm here. i want Arena PvP like the rest of you)

Quit giving folks excuses.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]