Diablo® III

PVP and the LIE that followed...

PVP is coming in the next expansion otherwise they wont have enough content for another expansion. Besides PVP isnt all that great anyways, unless they have pvp only gear that is well balance than it will be a battle of time investment or CC warriors
Reply Quote
Pvp was always stupid in this game. You are happily farming away and some higher level douche joins your game geared for pvp just so he go can hostile with random people. You then have to either run back to town or fight and probably die.

We don't need pvp. You can always brawl if you want to flex your epeen.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 03:54 AMPosted by KillerElite
Pvp was always stupid in this game. You are happily farming away and some higher level douche joins your game geared for pvp just so he go can hostile with random people. You then have to either run back to town or fight and probably die.

equal opportunity boredom.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:26 PMPosted by Drorian
Diablo games have never been about the PvP element.[/i]

i played d1 only for pvp.
i played d2 only for pvp.
almost everyone i know who bought d3 with me geared their characters waiting for pvp, then left after some month.

and just to make some proof that you are wrong here is what the developers said they expected their player to want from a diablo 3 game right before the release.

"While we work on making sure PvP lives up to its full potential, we hope you'll find some consolation in the fact that soon, you'll be having a blast leveling characters, finding items, learning the classes, and perfecting builds…and that when the Arenas do arrive, you’ll be all the better prepared for battle.

When the PvP patch is ultimately ready, it will add multiple Arena maps with themed locations and layouts, PvP-centric achievements, and a matchmaking system that will help you and your team get into fairly matched games quickly and easily. We'll also be adding a personal progression system that will reward you for successfully bashing in the other team's skulls.

We know a lot of you are looking forward to PvP, and we’ll be focusing our post-launch efforts on making sure the Arenas are as brutal, bloody, fast-paced, and awesome as we know they can be. In the meantime, we're in the process of putting the finishing touches on what we think is a truly epic campaign and co-op experience for launch."
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:16 PMPosted by mikeab7925
Diablo games have never been about the PvP element.

Maybe for you it was like that but don't assume because YOU feel that way its true for everyone else.
Reply Quote
In D2 multiplayer pressing P was how you accepted a party request. In that same menu, you could hostile, squelch or send them a whisper. I'd say it was a big part of the game and meant to be toggled ON and OFF.

Back then that's just how games were made though.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 03:54 AMPosted by KillerElite

Quiet child, if no positive feedback than don't give any
We don't need to hear about how you sucked at pvp or couldn't take someone hostiling you
Make a private game, or wait for it.. keep playing in your current game! there was a hostile switch
Jeez, carebears / fanboys will cry about anything that could show their incompetence or does't sit with their "my way or the highway" motto

As for Epeen's LOL Self Found has stolen that title
Nothing screams insecurity more than all the anit-trade and pro SF ignorance, BOA has been mixed in there too
Edited by EXiLE#1861 on 1/20/2014 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
The main problem I have with this situation is that PVP was *promised* to the player base. It was also promised to be free. At this point though, I wouldn't care if it was bundled in the expansion. I want to try it and I think it would still be fun, even if the balance is broken. Clearly there would be certain builds and classes that dominate, but there would still be enough variety to have fun.

Blizzard really needs to follow through with their PVP promise, or they will lose more respect from the player base. My recommendation is to go back to the arenas that were scrapped before and throw them into the game. Don't try to balance PVP vs PVE, keep the PVE focus of the game, but add the PVP option to fulfill the promise. Unbalanced PVP > broken promises. IMHO
Reply Quote
who cares about pvp lol
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:21 PMPosted by DOA
Don't care about pvp, didn't in a d2, don't now.

Neither do I. But a promised selling point being lied about is a big deal.
Reply Quote
I don't get it why don't people just open there eyes? Hello we do have a form of PVP in game its called brawling. I guess some people are not smart enough to talk to the big guy neck the brawler in game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
PvP can never be implemented as long as CHD exists in the game. It's impossible to balance the damage output vs player health.

If you want PvP, start lobbying for a linear DPS curve and the removal of CHD from gear.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 10:14 AMPosted by BigXII

Clearly you never played any Diablo game (D3 does not follow the essence of any of its predecessors) -- The core of D2 IS PVP. What do you do at the end? You join dueling games. Any true D2 player will tell you that you all had to type in was "Duelsssss" or "Duelzzz", and you would subtract any 's' or 'z' till you found a game that wasnt full, which could take a long !@# time because EVERYONE was pvping!

The point of Diablo was to grind gear to beat the $%^- out of people or go PKing. Who the hell grinds gear, just to kill monsters faster? No one, except carebears who think thats whats Diablo was about and it wasn't, and never will be. And the Dev team will have a flop expansion until they catch on that Diablo IS a PVP game. The only people who don't want PKing, are the same kids who got 'griefed' in D2 -- don't like it? Set a password, not that hard!

Clearly, you were one of those Douches that went around pking and your reading comprehension is that not great either. Just because you had fun killing random people, it does not mean the game was centered around it. I would be cool with pvp if you could simply ignore someone being hostile but you couldn't. Pvp was not centered on games created with pvp in the title. There were a lot of idiots whose only goal was to pk and I ran into plenty of them. They would taunt random strangers trying to provoke a fight. End game for me was levelling and farming gear for every class. I had lot's to keep me busy without gearing up for pvp and griefing other players.
Reply Quote
It seems thata lot of people forget that in very early Diablo 3, there were actually account bound items
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:10 PMPosted by Armyveteran
The developers showed off PvP in 2010 (2 years before the game was released) at various game events. The press and gamers had a chance to play it and the reviews were positive. That vision of PvP was never released to the general public via the retail launch and has been ignored by Blizzard completely.

Didn't Jay Wilson say that PvP was coming by the end of 2012 or it would be a disaster? Still no word about PvP by Blizzard. I don't understand how a company with so much money can make such a terrible product and also omit some of the best parts of the Diablo series.

Whoever reported your post is an idiot. PVP has been a bullcrap lie.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 05:20 PMPosted by Bodhi
PvP can never be implemented as long as CHD exists in the game. It's impossible to balance the damage output vs player health.

If you want PvP, start lobbying for a linear DPS curve and the removal of CHD from gear.

Then how the hell can these guys tank so well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2eGqDQfyBI

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0GsG3Nvvc

Stop projecting your own ignorence as an excuse against PvP, it is balanced if you just gear for it and that is something that you are obviously oblivious to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D::DD:D:D:D

Dude both barbs are throw barbs for one...two? to make it work is extremly linear builds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]