Diablo® III

PVP and the LIE that followed...

PVP IS in the game, it's called Brawling, and before anyone starts barking "that's not pvp, it's a joke". Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this so called PVP in D2 just selecting people to go 'hostile' with and wail on each other outside town, and I never heard of any patches/fixes/re-scaling of skills/items in D2 to coincide with PVP. If you really want to fight people for bragging rights or measurement of your epeen, go play a game that was created solely for a PVP feel.

And yes, I too have done some PVP in D2, I liked using a Summon Bear Druid, no I didn't sit at the edge of town and let the bear fight while me being safe. No, I ran out around with him and threw out some Shockwaves and my bear would 1-2 hit people. I also dabbled in a Rabies Druid.

With that said, I await the hate-monger retorts that over-populate these forums
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 07:59 PMPosted by XombieJoker
PVP IS in the game, it's called Brawling, and before anyone starts barking "that's not pvp, it's a joke". Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this so called PVP in D2 just selecting people to go 'hostile' with and wail on each other outside town, and I never heard of any patches/fixes/re-scaling of skills/items in D2 to coincide with PVP. If you really want to fight people for bragging rights or measurement of your epeen, go play a game that was created solely for a PVP feel.

And yes, I too have done some PVP in D2, I liked using a Summon Bear Druid, no I didn't sit at the edge of town and let the bear fight while me being safe. No, I ran out around with him and threw out some Shockwaves and my bear would 1-2 hit people. I also dabbled in a Rabies Druid.

please explain why jay wilson said brawling was just a place holder for the real pvp, you know, the advertised hyped up version that a lot of us bought the game for?
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:10 PMPosted by Armyveteran
The developers showed off PvP in 2010 (2 years before the game was released) at various game events. The press and gamers had a chance to play it and the reviews were positive. That vision of PvP was never released to the general public via the retail launch and has been ignored by Blizzard completely.

Didn't Jay Wilson say that PvP was coming by the end of 2012 or it would be a disaster? Still no word about PvP by Blizzard. I don't understand how a company with so much money can make such a terrible product and also omit some of the best parts of the Diablo series.

If you would had played the previous Diablo games, then you would had known that pvp isn't part of the Diablo franchise.

To expect more than a basic duel system is silly, no matter what you thought someone said about how it could look like.
Reply Quote
What I love reading is how people just completely ignore what is promised and expected. D3 was suppose to have PvP in release. They gave us some stupid brawling like 6 months later. It's a joke at the moment, more so because the game is soooo heavily balanced around PVE. 500K damage against a 50k HP barbarian, want to know the result

Blizzard literally just gave up on PvP. They don't have the balls to even do anything with it in RoS, a game which supposedly has more features.

But what I really think is sad, is people saying they don't care. You don't care that your game doesn't have extra features? Who cares that you don't use it? Really? Is that what it comes down to? I'm sure you also don't care what happens outside of your house, too. Can you be more selfish?
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 09:50 PMPosted by Espinosa
The developers showed off PvP in 2010 (2 years before the game was released) at various game events. The press and gamers had a chance to play it and the reviews were positive. That vision of PvP was never released to the general public via the retail launch and has been ignored by Blizzard completely.

Didn't Jay Wilson say that PvP was coming by the end of 2012 or it would be a disaster? Still no word about PvP by Blizzard. I don't understand how a company with so much money can make such a terrible product and also omit some of the best parts of the Diablo series.

If you would had played the previous Diablo games, then you would had known that pvp isn't part of the Diablo franchise.

To expect more than a basic duel system is silly, no matter what you thought someone said about how it could look like.

Dude, PvP was a major part of D2, what are you talking about?

People would level a sorc at the beginning for easy MF. Eventually, they would get enough gear/enigma for a Hdin to farm. When you feel comfortable you start building a PvP here. This was always the standard view of D2

D2 was never about going and killing monster in PvE constantly. No game can survive 10 years if all you do is kill mobs to get gear so that you can kill more mobs. That is not what D2 was.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 08:26 PMPosted by Selkies
please explain why jay wilson said brawling was just a place holder for the real pvp, you know, the advertised hyped up version that a lot of us bought the game for?

Not possible, granted I could say anything I want and place that as the excuse, but I do not and cannot speak on Jay Wilson's behalf. I'm sure he would love to explain that himself, had he stayed at the helm
Edited by XombieJoker#1400 on 1/20/2014 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote

what are you actually referring too? do you think people imagined the pvp arena that was tested by actual people, or the posts about pvp that said arena will be in the game free of charge?
Edited by Selkies#6121 on 1/20/2014 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Clearly, you were one of those Douches that went around pking and your reading comprehension is that not great either. Just because you had fun killing random people, it does not mean the game was centered around it. I would be cool with pvp if you could simply ignore someone being hostile but you couldn't. Pvp was not centered on games created with pvp in the title. There were a lot of idiots whose only goal was to pk and I ran into plenty of them. They would taunt random strangers trying to provoke a fight. End game for me was levelling and farming gear for every class. I had lot's to keep me busy without gearing up for pvp and griefing other players.

Clearly, you were one of the crybabies who sucked at pvp and couldnt last more than 5 seconds. And you could ignore someone toggling hostility mode on you? Youre just showing the community that you never even played D2 with false statements like that. If you never played D2, why are you here? Please go ruin another game, this isn't a grind fest for gear to get better gear, to do nothing with. D2 = Get good gear, go kill people. Sorry but you are wrong and obviously never experienced the true essence of Diablo 2, if you even played it.

Son, you're totally clueless. Lets see documented PROOF that D1, 2, and LoD were "centered around pvp". You can't cause it doesn't exist. I played Diablo for 10 yrs and still loot hunt and lvl chard. And I still have 15-20 friends who play it as well. NONE of them ever pvp'd lol.
You want pvp so bad, have the guts to go to a TRUE pvp game. LoL, Planetside2, Tribes Asended, ect..You won't cause they'd own you. lol
Reply Quote
PVP was a complete lie, It was why I bought Diablo 3 to begin with. All my friends bought the game for the Arena system and being about to duel. Our favorite thing in Diablo 2 was dueling so when we saw the arena system we all pre-ordered Diablo 3 collectors editions ASAP. But I was lied to because it was quickly stamped from the game and promised again LATER. Which might I add was again stamped out... I have been lied to and lied to by Blizzard about this game.
Reply Quote

Clearly, you were one of the crybabies who sucked at pvp and couldnt last more than 5 seconds. And you could ignore someone toggling hostility mode on you? Youre just showing the community that you never even played D2 with false statements like that. If you never played D2, why are you here? Please go ruin another game, this isn't a grind fest for gear to get better gear, to do nothing with. D2 = Get good gear, go kill people. Sorry but you are wrong and obviously never experienced the true essence of Diablo 2, if you even played it.

Son, you're totally clueless. Lets see documented PROOF that D1, 2, and LoD were "centered around pvp". You can't cause it doesn't exist. I played Diablo for 10 yrs and still loot hunt and lvl chard. And I still have 15-20 friends who play it as well. NONE of them ever pvp'd lol.
You want pvp so bad, have the guts to go to a TRUE pvp game. LoL, Planetside2, Tribes Asended, ect..You won't cause they'd own you. lol

WHAT?!?! you must have lived under a rock. I spent all the time I did farming only to make my PVP character better... not to kill monsters faster just to find more items to kill the same monsters faster.... there is little to no fun in that. Why am I building a character that I already know can faceroll any moron AI monster in the game any day of the week...? MP10 on Hardcore is a faceroll fest for my wizard this game poses zero challenge to me, Only other players can fight my character... that's all I am after now is to be the best PVP character, If you have trouble killing monsters in a Diablo game you really need to re-evaluate you approach to the game...
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 07:59 PMPosted by XombieJoker

brawling is not pvp... its crap its a dumbed down version of D2 PVP, no alliance, no loot duel, no 4v4or3v3or2v2 all the damage effects anyone else in the area... which sucks its a FFA or nothing, This game is way to easy to be PVE only PVE gets OLD no matter how much content you put in the game. Eventually you get stronger than the monsters and need a new challenge. Thats PVP, PVP is endgame But no one seems to see that on the fourms however in game when i talk to people online they agree they want more PVP options.
Reply Quote
PvP is supposed to be the endgame. Where is my hostile button?!

Stop protecting the casual player and withholding the cutthroat nature of this game.

I dont need anything fancy. Add whatever arena/battleground crap you guys want.

All I want is my hostile button back.
Reply Quote
Yeah It's pvp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmD_8nP2PRI
Reply Quote
Broken promises. The player base has been dwindling day to day, even forum posts have been reducing.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 09:52 AMPosted by UGotGanked
PvP by PKing, dueling, or whatever was the focus of top end players in previous Diablo games. Ladder was important for the most dedicated PvE players, as it showed who was best at leveling and grinding, or at the very least the most serious about the game. PvP was the only reason to want to improve past a basic level, other than wanting to farm loot to sell for a profit. Hmmm sounds pretty similar to the reason why anyone would want to play D3, except PvP in D3 is a shadow of what it was in D2, even D1.

If you don't understand why PvP was a core element to Diablo, you were never a serious player, and only have the understanding of a casual player, or you were a hardcore PvE player who was dedicated to making profits off selling items. Anything else and you were just a casual. ROS is removing trade/profit, and still has no PvP, which means D3 will have even less of an end-game for any gamer who is at all beyond being just another casual player. PvP is what drove most serious players to keep grinding away in D2, unless like I said, you were one who did a lot of trading/selling.

Brawling is not even close to what was in D2 in terms of PvP. The map is smaller than the main PvP zone in Act1 of D2, the zone in D2 was randomized each game, and there were no limits to where you could PvP/PK/Duel in D2 period. Anywhere could be a dueling zone which was extremely run for those who participated. Secondly, 8 players per game in D2 doubled the fun, and having the open world hostile mode option allowed all sorts of teaming and battle scenarios to be made by the players in a game, which created another dimension to the PvP scene.

Lastly, D2 PvP was balanced early and often by Blizzard in each patch, as class skills, item affiects, universal PvP damage mitigation, changes to lifesteal and cc durations, defensive stats, bug fixes, etc. were modified not only to balance classes in PvE, but also specifically for PvP as well. Brawling is not even equivalent to 1/10 of what D2 PvP was on release day, and several patches vastly improved D2 PvP several times over afterwards. If you think D3 Brawling is even remotely adequate to be called PvP this day in age, you are ignorant, and are not worthy of calling yourself a gamer.

Blizzard lied about PvP because it still is not out before the Expansion will be out. It's been an absolute disaster since over a year ago when Team Deathmatch was trashed(still without any good reason). The millions of players who bought D3 expecting to have some form of supported PvP mode were swindled, plain and simple. This is an indisputable fact that no fanboy can argue against with any sort of logic.

Hostile mode would have been the easiest fix for D3, and really it never should have been taken out. Those unwilling to participate simply need not click the hostile mode accept button, and all would be well in the world. The general dumbing down of the game to cater to casual players, and the carebear mentality to support the bad players and wannabe gamers ruined what the Diablo franchise had going for it, and ROS will take the bad to another level.

Great games just don't exist anymore, because great companies don't exist anymore, because there is no need for anything to be great with masses of consumers who are content to buy garbage and call it gold. If you think ROS as it is now will be any good, you are a fool being fooled by a company of swindlers, or you are simply not a true Diablo fan, and certainly are not a serious gamer.

soild post here !! nicely done! Really good read good points we need that hostile button!!
Reply Quote
I very rarely pvp in any game. In D2 most of my dueling took place between friends, when I joined pvp games to mf or because someone hostiled me while I was running chaos/baal runs.

It never bothered me when someone came into my games to pk me. It was actually exciting. Win or lose you never got bored on D2. I cannot say the same about D3. I miss the action of on the spot against your will pvp.

If they would even go so far as allowing teams, different maps and larger maps would placate many pvp enthusiasts. I would sparingly use pvp but I think it's ridiculous that they've ignored it for so long.

PvP needs to come even if I won't use it often.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 12:08 PMPosted by gudmugly
I very rarely pvp in any game. In D2 most of my dueling took place between friends, when I joined pvp games to mf or because someone hostiled me while I was running chaos/baal runs.

It never bothered me when someone came into my games to pk me. It was actually exciting. Win or lose you never got bored on D2. I cannot say the same about D3. I miss the action of on the spot against your will pvp.

If they would even go so far as allowing teams, different maps and larger maps would placate many pvp enthusiasts. I would sparingly use pvp but I think it's ridiculous that they've ignored it for so long.

PvP needs to come even if I won't use it often.

People don't like diversity

They dont want PvP because THEY DIDN"T PVP! Okay? So you don't want a feature? It doesn't mean others don't

People don't like making mistakes, so Blizz gave you no skill tree, no way to make a mistake!

Dumbing down to the point that you don't have to think about what you are building, just do whatever you want
Reply Quote
Reason No PVP Arena... Their new MOBA period. Why play the new MOBA when d3 has an Arena.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]