Diablo® III

PVP and the LIE that followed...

01/20/2014 09:50 PMPosted by Espinosa
The developers showed off PvP in 2010 (2 years before the game was released) at various game events. The press and gamers had a chance to play it and the reviews were positive. That vision of PvP was never released to the general public via the retail launch and has been ignored by Blizzard completely.

Didn't Jay Wilson say that PvP was coming by the end of 2012 or it would be a disaster? Still no word about PvP by Blizzard. I don't understand how a company with so much money can make such a terrible product and also omit some of the best parts of the Diablo series.

If you would had played the previous Diablo games, then you would had known that pvp isn't part of the Diablo franchise.

To expect more than a basic duel system is silly, no matter what you thought someone said about how it could look like.

*facepalm*

idiotic fan boys / casual carebears and wow lovers are ruining this game for their own selfish reasons, yes you were incompetent in one way or another it shows in your negativity towards trading/ladder/pvp

let's make this clear.. we as a community want more from this POS game, we want that which thrived for 10+ years (why fix something that aint broke)
this clown, deadru and a few others I have noticed go out of their way to shoot down anything offering choice or competition, anything that might actually require some effort.
we don't want to be forced into boa/self found crap yet we are, so when we're not asking you clowns to be forced into pvp or ladder, you still !@#$%?
Reply Quote

Clearly, you were one of the crybabies who sucked at pvp and couldnt last more than 5 seconds. And you could ignore someone toggling hostility mode on you? Youre just showing the community that you never even played D2 with false statements like that. If you never played D2, why are you here? Please go ruin another game, this isn't a grind fest for gear to get better gear, to do nothing with. D2 = Get good gear, go kill people. Sorry but you are wrong and obviously never experienced the true essence of Diablo 2, if you even played it.

Son, you're totally clueless. Lets see documented PROOF that D1, 2, and LoD were "centered around pvp". You can't cause it doesn't exist. I played Diablo for 10 yrs and still loot hunt and lvl chard. And I still have 15-20 friends who play it as well. NONE of them ever pvp'd lol.
You want pvp so bad, have the guts to go to a TRUE pvp game. LoL, Planetside2, Tribes Asended, ect..You won't cause they'd own you. lol

you are a complete moron
let's make this a little easer for you to comprehend..

you may not have participated but that does not mean others did not
!@#$ing tool
Reply Quote
Good grief...get off it. This game and the upcoming train wreck have much more important issues to resolve than your personal player killer arena.

There are other games that have that feature right now. Did you know that? Go play them.
Reply Quote
What does liking or disliking pvp have to do with Blizzard promising a feature and not delivering. I'm pretty sure this post was intended to bring attention to that issue, not take a poll on who likes pvp.
Reply Quote

If you would had played the previous Diablo games, then you would had known that pvp isn't part of the Diablo franchise.

To expect more than a basic duel system is silly, no matter what you thought someone said about how it could look like.

Dude, PvP was a major part of D2, what are you talking about?

People would level a sorc at the beginning for easy MF. Eventually, they would get enough gear/enigma for a Hdin to farm. When you feel comfortable you start building a PvP here. This was always the standard view of D2

D2 was never about going and killing monster in PvE constantly. No game can survive 10 years if all you do is kill mobs to get gear so that you can kill more mobs. That is not what D2 was.

Did you also do that in HC if not then how do you explain so many people alive in HC ladders? They just played PVE just 1-2 characters to do MF and rest PVP.

HC pvp in D2 was the real pvp (pre lod and pre 1.10 ofc)

yeah, well it's the exact opposite experience with me. everyone I've every known in real life who played these games played it to gear up for PvP reasons. Farming without a cause to gear up was never an actual goal of anyone with half a brain. The only other reason is to farm loot for profit, which not everyone does. Competition is what drives all games beyond casual play. It sounds like you were just a casual Diablo player throughout your entire career.

Of course if you like PvP you gather around with people that do the same thing yoiu are interested in.

I would still say that majority of players just farm and level up their characters.. their only involvment for pvp is that someone comes and PK's them.

There is competition in the game other than PvP.. playing the ladders and especially the HC one which is more interesting. I can understand that PvE isn't really interesting for SC players since well how could it be? There is nothing to lose and making your character better for PvE in SC doesn't motivate you as much. Making it better in HC making it survive almost anything is really quite interesting.

For not playing only PvP does not mean a player is casual. I spent all my free time during 2000-2004 for this game but I didn't do much PvP.

I did do quite a lot of sc and hc pvp before LOD when it was not just about who has better items.. The item difference between top items and average items was so much smaller than it was easier to enter PvP even if you didn't gear up for it.

Mostly I did just play HC characters and tried to get them to level 90 which in classic was quite a feat pre-LOD (there was only 10 guys in whole EU that reach over 90 and highest of them was 94)
Edited by akse#2721 on 1/22/2014 12:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:21 PMPosted by DOA
Don't care about pvp, didn't in a d2, don't now.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:26 PMPosted by Drorian
i played d1 only for pvp.i played d2 only for pvp.almost everyone i know who bought d3 with me geared their characters waiting for pvp, then left after some month.

Stop lying ;)

D1 and D2 did not had any pvp. They had a PK system where you could gank innocent players, or you could spam duel.

The gank is finally gone, while the duel is still in the game.

If you want pvp, then you must go back to wow. The Diablo franchise was never about pvp or had actual pvp.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 11:21 PMPosted by DOA
Don't care about pvp, didn't in a d2, don't now.

You may not, but I am assuming a lot of people, myself included, do care about PVP or there wouldn't be endless post about wanting a PVP system. I for one refuse to pay blizzard anymore until a PVP system (besides the pathetic excuse for PVP which is brawling) is released like it was previewed before i purchased D3 (The sole reason I played D2 for as along as I did, and the sole reason I was excited about D3).
Reply Quote

Stop lying ;)

D1 and D2 did not had any pvp. They had a PK system where you could gank innocent players, or you could spam duel.

The gank is finally gone, while the duel is still in the game.

If you want pvp, then you must go back to wow. The Diablo franchise was never about pvp or had actual pvp.

and you are completey wrong and never even played any of the diablo series with those comments. diablo was a pvp game. thats why d3 is a failure, no pvp.

Wrong again Tyrael, the stupidity cannot be stopped.

Diablo was never a pvp game, it was and is a pve game. It allowed ganking *as in killing someone who was not trying to kill you and thats called Player Killing Player. A duel spam feature made the game frustrating and that was PvP as in the same thing d3 offers through the brawler. Whoever in the hell thought diablo3 was a pvp game or should have had a tournament pvp league or ladder is an idiot.
Edited by TheChemicals#1408 on 1/22/2014 12:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 10:22 PMPosted by Stormyknight
MILLIONS of dollars were made by 3rd party companies supporting the pvp of diablo 1 and 2

lol, I wonder why BOA is being forced in?

but whatever, IF they improve it to your satisfaction, great, it'll be more fun. I'll just have the same D2 mediocre problem, beaten by the credit-card warriors (well not since AH is leaving), those blessed by the RNG gods, those who spend 100+ hrs/week on this game.

And for the trolls, I DON'T think it's a matter of skill level (ofcourse I'm not claiming to super-uber pro), but more of the problem: you can only be as geared as the time you spend in-game. Ofcourse someone who spend 10x more time in-game will most likely be better geared. We don't all have as much available time as some others (and I'm not saying that you don't have job(s) or priority obligations yourself)
Reply Quote
View profile
ROS Definitely needs to do something with PVP. Very dissapointed that they havent said anything thing on this. It doesnt have to be balanced, the pvp communities can balance it amungst themselves in competition but there definitely needs some more options, maps, teams, rankings, spectator mode, exc...

PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
Reply Quote
PVP would make me happy.
Reply Quote
View profile
If some abilities from RoS are so powerful like Seven sided strike to have zero cool down... simple, just whack up the total damage reduction of everything in PvP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]