Diablo® III

PVP and the LIE that followed...

This is what happened Blizzard was working on PvP for D3 and realized wait this is so good we can sell it as a different game, lets change it up a bit, D3 will stay as a PvE game and we will call the PvP part of D3 we were working on Heroes of the Storm.
Reply Quote
PvP was the end game i was hoping for when i pre ordered Diablo 3.....

All that grinding for gear and paragon levels would have some purpose, to utilize it in an arena, battling against other players. As it stands, i guess i have wasted many hours of my life, grinding for gear that ultimately has no purpose but to grind for better gear that still will have no purpose while i was waiting for PvP to release!

I paid for PvP when i pre ordered expecting it to be part of the game and i cannot morally buy an expansion for a game that still has not given everything that was promised.

The worst part is that Blizzard have been avoiding this subject like the plague!

As it stands for me and many of my friends who are expecting PvP will not be buying ROS until we get what we paid for in the Vanilla..
Reply Quote
Hey look chucknorris made a post, first real d3 pvper to make a statement in this thread.

I agree with chucks statements and even some of the statements the posers made on this thread about adding a real pvp system with many more features than the current brawling system has. But seriously, what is stopping all of you who claim to have an interest in pvp from going out and becoming a strong brawler? You certainly can't blame the lack of challenge because none of you would last a second against a brawler who knows what they are doing.

Sure there are balance issues but guess what, people who have proven to take an interest in pvp got together and made skill bans for certain class match ups. (rather than just crying about it).

I'm sure there are a lot of different reasons you guys are upset with the current state of pvp in this game (some reasons are valid, some are just qq) but honestly, if you ACTUALLY have an interest, you will prove it by becoming part of the pvp community and actually learn the system. (and its many issues). It just sounds so me that many of you are looking for a reason to complain. Of course players who are interested in pvp want blizzard to add the best system that they can and as soon as they can. We will need to wait for that it seems. Almost everyone posting here has not shown any true interest in d3 pvp and have no business complaining about the system when they never even invested any time into it. This is why blizz never responds to these threads, they are filled with trash.

Anyway if any of you want to get rocked add me in game!
TheRisen#1136
Reply Quote
" Almost everyone posting here has not shown any true interest in d3 pvp and have no business complaining about the system when they never even invested any time into it. This is why blizz never responds to these threads, they are filled with trash."

The reason most people haven't shown an interest in D3 PVP is because the brawling system was never meant to be the final product for dueling, it was just a "temporary fix" until they figured out what they were going to do for certain. There are SO MANY things that they could do to make the PVP system more enjoyable and it's borderline FALSE ADVERTISING for Blizz to say they're going to include core features of a game (that have always been an integral part of the Diablo Franchise) and not include them. If they are unsure of what we want in a PVP system give us some options and let us vote on it!

Until Blizz does something to address the issues with PVP I personally won't be buying the expansion (and I guarantee you there are thousands of other people who feel the same way)

The BOA mentality also completely goes against everything that the Diablo experience stood for. I honestly miss the trading system in D2 and D1 (where you had to actually chat and join trade games) and it's a shame that Blizzard is making a lot of the best items non trade-able and washing away PVP. These were both core aspects of the game and it's a clear mistake from a design perspective.

Former Leader / Creator of The Angelz of Death -- Top 10 Llane WOW Guild
Diablo 1 and 2 Veteran and Member of the oldest legit clan on Diablo 1 and 2
~~The Angels of Death~~
Reply Quote
"It isn't hard at all, in fact this is the exact system that existed in Diablo 2. The ignorant players against PvP will deny this or simply do not know, saying that hostile mode cannot work because it will be unfair to those who dislike PvP, but really it has nothing to do with that. Diablo 2 initially was bugged so that PKers could kill someone in game without their full consent, "

but this bug was patched early and the vast majority of D2, players did have to fully agree to engage in any combat in any location."

You're actually incorrect -- I'm certain that the way it works in D2 is that once someone hostiles you -- you can choose to unhostile them and it won't allow you to attack them. However, unhostiling someone doesn't automatically cancel their hostility toward you -- they had to physically cancel their hostility towards you or they could attack you (regardless of if you unhostiled them). If they left their hostility on they could still come after you

"Warning: When you go neutral with a player that has been hostile to you, this will not force them to become neutral with you. They will now be able to attack you and you will not be able to respond to their attacks until you go back to town and declare yourself hostile with that player again."
Cited: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/pvp.shtml

My suggestion is that both players need to declare hostility in order to fight eachother. This would allow people who just want to farm to continue farming, and give people who want to mess around the ability to PVP. If one player decides they don't want to fight anymore they can simply click the "unhostile" button and end the fight (there should probably be a trigger with this that doesn't allow you to unhostile for a few seconds after attacking someone though).
Edited by Zarim#1886 on 1/23/2014 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Game needs anarchy and freedom, it makes it exciting. Stuff happens, you get enemies, you get friends, you experience stuff. You interact with other people.

Some jackass coming to try and PK all and gets humiliated by the good acting party creates new friendships between those who experienced this event together. Or some supergeared guy PKs you all and you will spend countless hours getting better gear and then msg him for a duel and try to beat him.

Etc into eternity.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 03:59 PMPosted by UGotGanked
Anyone who does not care about PvP needs to shut the hell up. Why even post here, idiot trolls? Go back to farming boring and pointless PvE with your scrub characters. PvP threads are for the real gamers, not the noobs with no skill and no experience with high level play in quality games. Go get your attention elsewhere, because here you will lose, just like you always do when you try to PvP.

be careful bro, I pointed out that most of the people all up in love with the new changes, BOA, etc appear to be "scrubs" and that is apparently "harassment" on here such that I got banned from the forums for a week. odd that that treatment doesn't seem to go both ways, though. it looks to me like the people critical of the direction of the game just get silenced in one way or another.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 12:54 PMPosted by Pusyboots

[/quote]
Reply Quote
I quit playing the game when it became apparent that I was sold a product based on false marketing.

I think that based on omni-corp's business model, The user who posted the info about "Heroes Of The Storm" was probably 100% correct. Why spend time developing PvP for a game when you can simply develop it into another title and charge for it again.

I am only "QQ" as some put it because I bought a product that came with a promise of PvP. I won't be making the same mistake again. There are plenty of "apps" that give access to THOUSANDS of games, and have sales regularly. Paying full price for an app/game/software is a thing of the past. Bnet is part of the omni-corp family of products.

I tolerated the 2 dimensional skills and leveling system. I didn't even care about all the maps being identical in shape/size with nothing being random. I was somewhat insulted that weapons were the only thing that affected damage. I guess that keeping it simple is the only way to tell fans what they really want. Diablo is a cash cow that makes shareholders happy. That is the Diablo 3 meta-game that most of us are missing out on. Blizzard has gone downhill since the merge. There is probably more reasons why no PvP, but that is something that is/was discussed behind closed doors, and most of us will never know the real reason...and they will do what they can to keep it that way. I have an idea that "Profitability" was a buzz-word. This game should have been a browser based title on a "free to play" marketing model.

The only connection that this title has with the "Diablo" universe is that you point and click on enemies and they drop random junk.

"Path of Exile" has more in common with the Diablo Universe than Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
01/23/2014 12:54 PMPosted by Pusyboots

All that grinding for gear and paragon levels would have some purpose, to utilize it in an arena, battling against other players. As it stands, i guess i have wasted many hours of my life, grinding for gear that ultimately has no purpose but to grind for better gear that still will have no purpose while i was waiting for PvP to release!

I paid for PvP when i pre ordered expecting it to be part of the game and i cannot morally buy an expansion for a game that still has not given everything that was promised.

The worst part is that Blizzard have been avoiding this subject like the plague!

As it stands for me and many of my friends who are expecting PvP will not be buying ROS until we get what we paid for in the Vanilla..
Reply Quote
What a surprise that the thread about pvp has the most hateful postings and accounts names with quirky gank phrases. You know why people who dont care about pvp are here, as in myself? Becuase i have over 14k knife kills in a real pvp game called battlefield part 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,78,8,9990, and i find it interesting how you little pvpers come into a hack n slash pve game wanting pvp.

You failed again Tyrael, the poorly skilled cannot be stopped.
Edited by TheChemicals#1408 on 1/24/2014 5:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 05:30 AMPosted by TheChemicals
What a surprise that the thread about pvp has the most hateful postings and accounts names with quirky gank phrases. You know why people who dont care about pvp are here, as in myself? Becuase i have over 14k knife kills in a real pvp game called battlefield part 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,78,8,9990, and i find it interesting how you little pvpers come into a hack n slash pve game wanting pvp.

^^
lmao!

"Mom! Come quick! Did you see that? My awesome skills. Watch how fast I'm able to click the buttons. With my crazy sick skills I can do anything I'm so bad@$$! Can you bring me a pudding cup? Thanks, mom."

Facts are facts, this game was not only sold on the success of the franchise but also sold on the premiss of a soon to be added team death match style PvP.

Say what you want about whiners but you people that swallow the brawling bs as D3's promised pvp are the ones that end up looking like fools.
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 05:51 AMPosted by Bricktop
01/24/2014 05:30 AMPosted by TheChemicals

^^
lmao!

"Mom! Come quick! Did you see that? My awesome skills. Watch how fast I'm able to click the buttons. With my crazy sick skills I can do anything I'm so bad@$$! Can you bring me a pudding cup? Thanks, mom."

Facts are facts, this game was not only sold on the success of the franchise but also sold on the premiss of a soon to be added team death match style PvP.

Say what you want about whiners but you people that swallow the brawling bs as D3's promised pvp are the ones that end up looking like fools.

Nobody is a fool....we all bought the game without pvp. You bought the game without pvp too...so yeah...maybe you are a fool if you wanted pvp and bought a pve game that promised pvp later lol. Think of it like this....the game added pvp later on, as in....an addition because pvp is an addition while pve is the core. The core will always come first and pvp....well go talk to Nek.
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 05:59 AMPosted by TheChemicals
Nobody is a fool....we all bought the game without pvp. You bought the game without pvp too...so yeah...maybe you are a fool if you wanted pvp and bought a pve game that promised pvp later lol. Think of it like this....the game added pvp later on, as in....an addition because pvp is an addition while pve is the core. The core will always come first and pvp....well go talk to Nek.

It's not about what I personally wanted, it's about what has been promised and the failure of Blizzard to deliver.

The core? If you think that the core of D3 is solid, then there is no reason to continue this discussion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]