Diablo® III

Please read the ROS Feedback from these guys.

If your going to read one thing about the current state of ROS beta and some invaluable feedback from some serious testers - read this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907?page=1

Unless a lot of the concerns raised in this thread are identified and fixed, ROS is looking very depressing to the average player.
Reply Quote
at least poe ladder reset is just around the corner
Reply Quote
My husband linked me to that thread. It is rather depressing.

Especially this part on page 3: "they are just choosing, for whatever reason, to NOT listen to the majority of their player base."
Reply Quote
Interesting ...
Reply Quote
I didn't bother reading beyond the first post, because I know how such threads develop. However, that first post was a very interesting read indeed. Thanks for the link, I would not have found it otherwise.
Reply Quote
I played A LOT of PTR yesterday and didn't get a single legendary for the first 5 hours or so. I finally got a voodoo mask that lacked mana regen, CC, socket, and even intelligence. Smash,brimstone. Then, I found a very equippable shoulder (which I am using) that gave me all the standard shoulder armor stuff that you would want such as AR, int, vit. It also has a special proc that gives me "30% of primary resource when getting a health globe." This drop was awesome! I also got a socketed maximus which still needs work if anyone on the dev team wants to ever see that item equipped on an actual character (instead of an enchantress). Has the standard fire skill damage and demon summon but even with the fire damage increase, it was still a downgrade compared to my chants set. If I wanted to go 2H, my WD's skorn would have annihilated it in DPS. My last drop was an interesting eye of etlich amulet. It is a pretty tanky amulet with massive damage reduction from ranged attacks, 30.7%. Along with that, came a healthy portion of AR and LoH. But the only DPS stats were 36-51 damage and lightning skills deal 19% more damage. My crafted amulet is such a huge DPS increase over it, why would I ever use this thing?

Legendaries need to be made less random. Just put crit chance on every legendary amulet. My moonlight ward is awesome. It has massive int, CC, IAS, 30% arcane skill damage, and the legendary proc. This EoE pales in comparison, even if I'm using lightning skills. If they remove the system where all the primary affixes on a legendary have to be random, you wind up with so much less soul crushing garbage. Don't drop helms with no int, no CC, no nothing. Now, in the case of legendaries with real game changing abilities like the essence of johan or whatever it's called, it creates a huge imbalance if you allow that amulet to roll trifecta for some person and trifecta defense (armor/AR/LoH) for someone else. Just make the random stuff less random.
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 1/19/2014 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just cancelled my 2 RoS preordres one for my brother one for me. Money wasnt the issue it was found money thanks to flips but I'm not supporting trash with Dark Souls 2 around the corner.

MZY -TheTias post was epic - read it way better than dorths who does his usual whining about monsters being to strong
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/19/2014 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
WOW that was an epic post that must have taken Tias hours to write.

The two big points for me is how they think increasing monster HP 100 times but only tripling DPS is a good idea ?

(2) Make everything BOA but cripple drop rates ?

I will wait and see ROS was never planned as a day 1 purchase I want to see feed back first.

Although to get my cash the story just has to be good but to keep me playing the game has to be I will never do the 60 hours per set piece that was D3V again.
Edited by LILSPARK#1354 on 1/19/2014 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah The Tias nailed it, agree with pretty much everything 100%.
Reply Quote
If there is one wall of text that you take the time to read, make it this one:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907?page=1#14
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I've talked to some of them outside the forum and pretty much all the points that have been made by Droth and Tias are in line with numerous other opinions found here on the forum and elsewhere (fan sites, social media, livestreams, etc.).

I've mentioned this back during the F&F Beta and my opinion hasn't changed yet. Drop rates off the charts high in F&F Beta with repeated bounties and Rift runs will keep the game going for a few months before numerous players grow bored and quit. Drop rates that more or less don't exist in the Closed Beta will do the same, but not just bore players, but also drive them nuts and ultimately severely upset them.

And other stuff like overkill monster scaling, way too many sources of unavoidable damage, crowd control effects, bland crafting system... they all need work. I'm optimistic that these aspects of the game will go through tuning passes. It's just the matter of when. If they don't go through tuning and don't reflect what a pretty big portion of the player base is chiming in on, well, I sure hope Blizzard has something up their sleeves.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 1/19/2014 6:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
01/19/2014 02:45 PMPosted by Aimless
Dark Souls 2

Yummy. I'm in on this, for sure. Seems like the type of game that you'd thrive on, Aimless. One where death actually means something.

I kept looking for it when searching for PS4 games...only to find out it will be on PS3. Good enough for me.
Reply Quote
Geesh.
Less is more.

I agree with what I read but his points are dulled by too much rambling
Reply Quote
View profile
But, yeah, per the linked thread....don't just stop with Drothvader's comments...scroll down a bit for TheTias's commets...like ChangBooster said. Pretty, well, QQ. And for good reason.

Sadly, perhaps, one thing that I think kept things going for me was the AH. Not just from the standpoint of buying/selling/flipping per se...but the need to be on every few hours to check auctions, check for new gear, reset auctions. Then you get drug into a game by one of your friends, and you're off killing monsters again. Its kind of sad that its not aspects of the game that draw you in....but the friendships. (or, maybe its not sad that friends draw you in, but, you know what I mean.)

Now, with no AH to have me logging in to the game, and all the stuff that Droth and Tias have said, I fear that my game time will wane. Which is sad. How cool would it be to have a game that is fun...and friends that are fun...and have, well, alot of fun together. Having fun with friends on mumble is awesome....but having fun with the game would be too.

I'll go ahead and do a wipe and report everything into ROS in the next day or two. But, my amount of gameplay is alot less than Jaetch or Mekor or Tias or Droth or the rest....
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 1/19/2014 7:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Dark Souls 2

Yummy. I'm in on this, for sure. Seems like the type of game that you'd thrive on, Aimless. One where death actually means something.

I kept looking for it when searching for PS4 games...only to find out it will be on PS3. Good enough for me.

Life is ez in modern society so I play games for challenge like all my no cm no freeze builds so yeah dark souls is like my favorite game. I guess I could join special forces or something but no need to go that far with DS2 on horizon lol. Ps4 is coming bro.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/19/2014 6:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
DS2 on horizon lol. Ps4 is coming bro.

Yeah...i really enjoyed the first two in the series...i'm sure this will be just as good or better. Tough, tough game.

I haven't ready anything about it coming to PS4...just 3. If it'd be on 4, that'd be awesome....just don't know if I'd want to wait an extra few months...or more...just to have it on PS4.

Maybe it depends on how much ROS holds on to me for, lol.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 06:22 PMPosted by Aimless

Life is ez in modern society so I play games for challenge like all my no cm no freeze builds so yeah dark souls is like my favorite game. I guess I could join special forces or something but no need to go that far with DS2 on horizon lol. Ps4 is coming bro.

The Special Forces community thanks you for sticking to DS2 and not enlisting.
Reply Quote
^learn to take a joke. But was advised by my wrestling coach to look into it he was former seal. Taking orders is not my thing though.
Reply Quote
hmm seems as its not worth it to come back to d3 yet, I'm glad yall are still enjoying the grind tho. I'd like to make my periodical MH PSA tho as the game really has improved a ton. It's honestly shown the type of growth and development that D3 has needed for at least one fiscal quarter.

an astonishingly large loot hunt with multiple different play styles i think (i only have time to play 2-3 of my 6 hero roster, and there are approx. 30 heros)
oh and i think mh is getting charms in the near future as well being able to play as some villians in the later half of 2015. If you didnt like the game in the early stages give it another shot as the game is widely different from how it was in the summer.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 02:45 PMPosted by Aimless
MZY -TheTias post was epic - read it way better than dorths who does his usual whining about monsters being to strong

You're right. That's a pretty worrying post.

01/19/2014 09:07 PMPosted by SteelPhantom
MH

What is?
Edited by mzy#1101 on 1/20/2014 12:58 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]