Diablo® III

Please read the ROS Feedback from these guys.

The drop rates are really stupid right now. I mean, it's not like D3 is a subscription based game where you need to tune things to a point where you give the player just enough to keep them addicted so they keep paying their monthly subscription. They shouldn't be afraid to make the drop rates a lot better and make them less RNG when it comes to their actual stats. They need to understand that Diablo is the kind of game that players will tend to put a ton of time into over a month or so, stop playing for a while, and then start back up again (and so on and so forth) rather than continuously playing for 8+ hours a day for years on end. That whole MMO model just doesn't work in games like this.

I have hope that they'll get it right before release, but at the same time I'm kinda regretting plunking down the cash for a pre-order so soon. I like to vote with my dollars, and right now I feel like I cast my ballot before knowing all the facts about the candidate. And that's never a good feeling. =/
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 01:10 AMPosted by Malakai
I have hope that they'll get it right before release, but at the same time I'm kinda regretting plunking down the cash for a pre-order so soon.

I did what Aimless did and contacted support and got my preorder cancelled. I've never cancelled an order in my life.

I won't lie, I would get some small enjoyment out of ROS for a month or so. But this is the first time I'm willing to NOT pay for this dismal product they call an expansion. Its not about the money, its about making a stand for once.

Though I do believe things will change a lot in the next 2 months. They don't have a choice. If it improves enough I'll purchase ROS on release.
Reply Quote
View profile
Reward failure get more failure. I'm not enabling failure. Thats why I cancelled. $40 is nothing. Like I'd prolly get $40 of entertainment from it but knowing I'm supporting them not listening bugs me.

Those posts took the wind outta my paragon grinding sails as well. No real motivation so i;'m selling all gears, again.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/20/2014 1:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
ros will fail

*add josh epic hand gestures*
Reply Quote
...they all need work. I'm optimistic that these aspects of the game will go through tuning passes.

I guess you nailed a big point here, Jaetch. Everything so far needs work. What we don't know is how much work those things need, and if everything be ready until March.

I'm not pre-ordering. The pre-order value here in Brazil is almost the same price of the original game (I paid R$ 100,00 for the game, and the standard pre-order is R$ 80,00, deluxe is R$ 120,00 without some perks you get on US deluxe edition - That's like 50, 40 and 60 bucks respectively).

I'm waiting the launch and maybe 1 or 2 weeks of gameplaying, and I'll be lurking in the forums during this time. If the reviews are great, than I'll buy. If not, maybe wait for patch 2.01.

Maybe I got the wrong feeling, but as far as I can tell from the reviews, family & friends beta, PTR, everything else, it seems the game still has a lot to evolve before it's prime time, and (as a software developer) I'm not buying the idea that it will be ready until March. At least not at the "expected level of readiness" we players like.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
01/20/2014 02:57 AMPosted by Machado
I guess you nailed a big point here, Jaetch. Everything so far needs work. What we don't know is how much work those things need, and if everything be ready until March.

This thing that really ticks me off is that they've had.....a long freaking time....to work on the XPAC (patch was last May, with some tweaks to XP mostly, and the last "major" patch was 1.07 in Jan with brawling....). And that doesn't even include features that were thought to be part of the game to bein with....and were held off till now (mystic).

Hopefully it won't need as many tweaks and patches as DV3....but it looks like it will. I can't wait for the dev's come out and say after ROS launch, "Well, we kinda messed up legendaries (again). We really want them to be "game changing"....oh wait...did we already say that? We really mean is..."
Reply Quote
In fairness, many legendaries really are game changing. As far as I'm concerned they did a great job with them. It's all the other things... :(
Reply Quote
Well, well, this is "cooling down" my expectations (excitation ?) a lot, very cold shower here ... : /

HOWEVER, two months are left, guys, it's still some not negligible time. Plus, if there was a good beta version (F&F ? Idk what it means, read it from beta testers posts ...), why would not they revert to that version of the game ? Or rebuild a version from this one ?

Let's hope, they are playing big here, they might listen to us in the end ... : )
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 09:02 AMPosted by mzy
In fairness, many legendaries really are game changing. As far as I'm concerned they did a great job with them. It's all the other things... :(

Absolutely. What's the point of having great legendaries if you can't get them ? I'm casual, I can't farm 8h/day to get specific items. If the drop rates are terrible, then what's the point, if I'm not a masochist?

01/20/2014 09:22 AMPosted by Gelador
HOWEVER, two months are left, guys, it's still some not negligible time.

Yeah, that's why I'm still waiting. But not pre-ordering. And in software development time, 2 months passes really fast. Specially on big teams.
Reply Quote
I agree but "Wait and see", let's hope they are clever enough to correct their past mistakes ! : )
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
01/20/2014 09:22 AMPosted by Gelador
(F&F ? Idk what it means, read it from beta testers posts ...)

First, there was the "Friends and Family" Beta....which is kinda like that alpha. It was nearly all people that are connected to Blizzard or, friends and family, thereof. I think there were 3k people involved.

Currently, we are in the "closed" Beta.....It contains the same F&F people, plus a few thousand others that were chosen from a pool of people that said they were interested in being a Beta tester for D3 (you can opt-in for this in your battle.net account profile settings).
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 09:35 AMPosted by Machado
Absolutely. What's the point of having great legendaries if you can't get them ? I'm casual, I can't farm 8h/day to get specific items. If the drop rates are terrible, then what's the point, if I'm not a masochist?

I think what they're aiming for is having a drop rate that's so low that whenever you do find a legendary, you're going to want to put it to use immediately, and you'll change your build to suit the items, rather than the other way around. Then when you go out into public games, or your clan page, you'll see completely different builds that you could never use efficiently, because other people have found different items and as a result they've changed their builds in different ways.

What's happening now is that we're seeing some of the side effects of that approach.

(Disclaimer: pure speculation.)
Reply Quote
View profile
I really hope this thread is being viewed by someone who will pass this stuff on to the devs seeing as we can't post in RoS beta forums. I'm not jumping ship just yet. If they fix:

-Crap Rares

These should fall into two categories: 1) stepping stone items until you have the item you want drop for you and 2) potentially very beefy "stat sticks" for when you don't want/need a certain slot's legendary effect, with "endgame" type stat sticks being quite rare but obviously obtainable due to AH closure.

-Crap Legendaries

Yes, they are an improvement over live ones but I've found too many of these on the PTR where my only thought was "I would probably use this if this was my first character and I had no good items for any of my slots."

-Primary/Secondary System

OWE monks and only OWE monks benefit from secondary affixes. I don't even look at them on either of my wizzes or my DH. I can't tell you off the top of my head a single secondary affix on any of my new gear because they are so insignificant. I know that the primaries on my new shoulders are int/vit/AR/familiar damage/heal resource on globe pickup. No clue what the secondaries are. Bring back split stats in smaller amounts. 50dex/50str on a wiz item would be a fine secondary affix. A little mit, a little dodge, not OP at all (at level 60, I'd want to see higher numbers on level 70 gear). LoH and LoK need to be secondary (not primary) on gloves and bracers. Want to lower the top value it can roll a little to compensate? Fine.

-Reduced Level Requirement

Sweet mother of all that is holy. This is not a primary affix. This is a trash affix. Everyone hates it and it is (I am not exaggerating at all) 100 times more common than it should be. This should be a special treat you find once in a great while so you can set it aside to roll an alt. But, with most people getting power leveled and with the limited character slots, no one will really need this affix after a while. So, if they wanted to get rid of it completely, you'd hear no complaints from me. At the very least, it must be moved to secondary and be made much more rare.

-Crap Crafting

Farming only zones with weapon and armor racks, anyone? Gotta get those white mats. Currently bugged to all hell on the PTR, every item you roll is almost identical.

-Boring Rifts

More fun and exciting stuff needs to be in the rifts. The rewards for gold and loot, legendaries specifically, need to be better than just doing bounties because the rifts are more difficult and time consuming.

...that would help the bulk of the problems for most players, hardcore and casual alike. This is just the tip of the iceberg but the more times these issues are pointed out and get +1'ed on the forums the more likely we are to see them get worked out in the next 2 months.
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 1/20/2014 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Disclaimer: Do not take this post seriously! :)

01/20/2014 10:27 AMPosted by mzy
(Disclaimer: pure speculation.)

From "House of Cards": Speculation is a poor form of investment. :)

Great show. Maybe that's why I'm more cynical now. :)
Reply Quote
whats dark souls 2 supposed to be like?
Reply Quote
@Piehole : ty for answering, man. : )
Reply Quote
Up until reading that thread, buying RoS was pretty much a no-brainer for me, eventhough I don't think the value of the content warrants the price tag, but I thought what the hell.

Tias post was definitely a cold shower and a huge disappointment. Whats more troubling is that I don't think a fix is coming either. From a business point of view, the game needs to go into production (physical discs) quite soon so I doubt they will be making any substantial changes from now on. This is like asking a movie studio to reshoot scenes when the movie is about to ship to cinemas. Not going to happen.

Sure, future patches might fine tune the game but there's one huge concern - devs have not listened to the community at all, they are making the game behind the closed door and honestly all i see is that they are removing features that different groups of fans find fun. Take away fun builds, take away AH, take away fun from group play, take away drop rates from self-founders, etc. It never stops.

On the other hand, they add very little as far as community feedback goes. Freakin' Identify all took them ages to implement, the tooltip in AH to see if the item is upgrade for you took ages to implement, the possibility to travel between Acts took two years and an expansion to implement? What the..?

People wanted balanced classes (hello DH) - nothing happens, people wanted fixed itemisation - they trippled it, people wanted better crafting - its more ridiculous than ever.

Honestly, it feels like when they were trying to force hydra down our throats - they already made up their minds whats fun and this is what you get. It wont change.

The philosophy is to give players what devs think its fun, not give the players what the feedback says its fun. They will not change their philosophy, its not going to happen - in the last two years it was always more of the same rather than shifts in approach to the game. So its take it or leave it I guess.
Reply Quote
View profile
Time for another break. I've broke sporadically all last year paragon got me back. Diablo is like a hot crazy girlfriend. You still want a piece every so often but not enough to endure LTR but you dont cut all ties either. Programming and combats is good but depth sucks. Came back for paragons unlimted but cant stand it again. See you guys as RoS draw in.

Heres to hoping we get some of the things asked for above and in beta thread. I did cancel my pre-orders for me and my brother but they can have my money ez with some changes.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/20/2014 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/20/2014 02:45 PMPosted by lightstorm
From a business point of view, the game needs to go into production (physical discs) quite soon so I doubt they will be making any substantial changes from now on. This is like asking a movie studio to reshoot scenes when the movie is about to ship to cinemas. Not going to happen.

Don't fret, all the physical disk has on it is the installer. Which allows you to connect to download the game. They have the full 2 months still.
Reply Quote
I'm confused about the doom and gloom, wasn't it stated several times that the drop rates were heavily overtuned for F&F and heavily undertuned for the current round? And isn't that what this is mostly about?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]