Diablo® III

Looking for advice

Hi all,

I am still relatively new to this whole D3 and have chosen a WD as my main, however I need some advice on stats.

I think I have gone drastically wrong somewhere along the line and was hoping one of you kindhearted people could give me some advise.

Much appreciated.
Reply Quote
Don't know much about WD but on first glance, that Skorn looks out of place.

Also, you should hit up the WD forum:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354999/
Reply Quote
Cheers, will head over there now and check it out.
Reply Quote
You probably need a little more all resistance. Skorn needs to be one with Life Steal based on pre patch 2.0 builds such as the CoB WD build.

Incidentally, what sort of build are you going for here? And where do you find the weaknesses? Are you dying too often? Is the mana running out too quickly?
Reply Quote
There are two popular builds atm... Cloud of Bats and 0Dog

Based on your current skills - if you are working towards being a zombie dog build - you need reduction items:

Visgage of Giyua
Skull Grasp
Stone of Jordan
and the off hand - Homonuculus

aim for 34 seconds of reduction to get to 0 cooldown - which allows insta summon and sacrifice

the other popular build is Cloud of Bats... for which your gear is perhaps a bit lacking on CC and also you skorn is missing Life Steal which will help you sustain... passives gruesome feast and grave injustice will also help massively on this build

Your HP is good at around 60K - aim for AR of 600 and Armour of 4K

While neither of my WD's are GG - they should give you an indication of skill/build (note: only just got 0dog together - switching LMB skill for BBV and gargantuan for Mass Confusion). My CoB can do MP10 - not sure where 0dog sits yet - testing tonight
Edited by NickBaldyM#6414 on 1/19/2014 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Based on your current skills - if you are working towards being a zombie dog build - you need to be prepared to be vote kicked from pub games and for your friend's list to shrink to zero just like your zombie dog cooldown

Fixed :D

There's also Bears builds, which is really like CoB but with Bears. Less to think about with Bears.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 03:49 PMPosted by abend
you need to be prepared to be vote kicked from pub games and for your friend's list to shrink to zero just like your zombie dog cooldown

Awww comon! I haven't even played a crypt yet! :)

Helllooooo lag!
Reply Quote
There's also Bears builds, which is really like CoB but with Bears. Less to think about with Bears.

Bears don't run in circles tho... would be cute if they did :)

Forgot about this build.... still good for nice deeps tho
Reply Quote
Based on your current skills - if you are working towards being a zombie dog build - you need to be prepared to be vote kicked from pub games and for your friend's list to shrink to zero just like your zombie dog cooldown

Seriously? I virtually never do pubs, but I took my 0 dog into one once, and everyone loved it. It looks cool, it heals the whole party, and it allows them to run skills like power hungry, vengeance, and gruesome feast+pierce the veil, that are a bit touch and go in normal play.

I have heard of people being kicked 'cos their paper dps didn't look good. But anyone who knows about the build understands that the effective dps is much much higher. It's similar to a firebats build in killing power - a bit slower against single targets, but bigger range and no mana concerns.

If you have an old graphics card, it's not the mostly friendly build, I admit that. My friends have complained when there were two 0 dogs in a game, but otherwise they're all happy with it. Maybe we should run together some time :-)
Reply Quote
nice build goo!
Reply Quote
Thank you so much for the advice!

I'll start hunting around for a life steal Skorn :)

Again, this has been very helpful
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 04:28 PMPosted by gooball
If you have an old graphics card, it's not the mostly friendly build, I admit that.

THIS! I never said 0dogs wasn't good as a build :P It's cheaper than CoB and can be just as effective, I know that. But: 0dog = screen lag and the card doesn't have to be old. 2 x 0dog = hell, but even CMWW + 0dog is a drain on graphics resources for most people.
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 04:25 PMPosted by NickBaldyM

Bears don't run in circles tho... would be cute if they did :)

I <3 Cuddle Bears

^_^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]