Diablo® III

Closing thread

Stepping down from the advice thread. Hopefully someone else can step up and have the same level of understannding to give tailored advice to others.

I picked up where Planet left off from his gearing advice thread when he took his break from diablo. and tried to continue this service to the community until PTR patch went live.
Unfortunately i find myself with less time available than before and with my XP capped on my account all p100's i cant seem to get into playing as much even when i do have free time.

(THE REST OF THIS POST WAS ORIGINAL THREAD TEXT)
12/06/2013 12:18 AMPosted by Planet

Anyway you should check out IT's thread on gearing - he'll get you sorted.

Planet #6460 - Diablo III Barbarian Class MVP

"My name is - insert_battletag_here -, king of kings
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Ive decided to stand up to try and fill his shoes so to speak.
Feel free to post your questions in this thread, and I will do my best to assist you in your
gearing needs (through advice mostly) though sometimes i may have items to give away.

I mostly specialize playing pure whirlwind , whirlwind/Hota hybrid, But just few differences between builds for our class anyhow.

Be sure you list a few details as to what your trying to accomplish when posting your questions.
What type of build your wanting to play
if you want to be tanky / build prep barb for crypt runs / or working on dmg and mitigation.
if you need gear help or build/spec help.
what your budget is for upgrading/regearing.
The more details you give me the better i can assist you.
I also have skype and can can log in to have a verbal conversation if thats prefered.
Sword and Board questions are best answered in the S&B thread
here - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10787528771

Where to start gearing? Read this thread - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10716141748

Barb sticky - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591980848

HotA FAQs - Silverfire - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8704260382

Eclipse' gear reference guide - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9874267381

Anwins Hota/Rend Skorn setup thread- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10827932857

I have been around since Beta testing of D3, through til now.

my account is here - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/InnerTurmoil-1378/
my main barb is Sindroid -I finally hit all characters to paragon 100!

My 1st Gearing advice thread reached its Posting limit, But can be found Here - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10787808908?page=1
Edited by InnerTurmoil#1378 on 2/5/2014 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Posted in previous thread by Eldkaugh
Heey was just wondering how my gear looks and maybe what i could upgrade too , i don't have alot of money atm so it'll take some time , here is my hero http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Eldkaugh-1556/hero/39205593 For some reason it says im duel welding , but im using a skorn
it's 1307.7 dmg per second , 1088-1527 damage 254 min dmg and 306 max , 43% damage +317 str
crit hit dmg increased 191% 97.5 % chances to inflict bleed for 6391-13003 damage over 5 secounds .

Your Very low on Health and slioghtly low on crit chance.
1st for your hit point problem
get an IK chest with 200+ vitality and as much str as you could budget in.
also get innas pants with about 170+ vitality, dont worry about str on innas pants.

shoulders is 3rd main spot for vitality source, i would craft either bind on account vitality shoulders til you get a good str/res all roll.
or craft the bind on accnt str shoulders til you get a good vitalit/res all roll.

If your going to go skorn, its best to get a lifesteal skorn and then that allows you to get a witching hour belt with possibly some res all.
as a skorn user you want to try to get at least 42% ias as well for the 1.67 breakpoint.

Your rings could easily be replaced for more crit chance, IAS , and possibly avg dmg and or crit dmg.
and you definately should start crafting strength bind on account amulets for a good upgrade.
Reply Quote
Posted by Nazramoth

Hey there,

I have been slowly upgrading my gear and I am not sure what the best bang for my buck would be. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Replace left ring (faith demise with one with 6% crit preferably, and 8-9 iaspreferably but at least 6% ias.
your 6 ias short of 58% breakpoint.

Eventually you want to get a decent witching hour belt with 60+ all resist so you dont have to depend on it being on any rings.

And you can never go wrong upgrading gems for more str. pure dps upgrade and helps armor at a 1/1 ration per str.
and pure dmg upgrade green gem in weapon.
eventually you will want to craft Str version of BOA shoulders til you get a good vitality roll with all rez so you can get a huge dmg increase without too much loss of life.
Reply Quote
Hello and thanks for doing this.

I'm pretty much done following the guide for solo ubers under 10Mil. Any advice on pieces that could still use replacing. I could justify spending about another 5-10Mil.

I know right now I need more damage, just looking for some advice on cost effective ways to add it.

Thanks
Edited by FreedomFiter#1625 on 1/18/2014 7:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 07:44 PMPosted by FreedomFiter
Hello and thanks for doing this.

I'm pretty much done following the guide for solo ubers under 10Mil. Any advice on pieces that could still use replacing. I could justify spending about another 5-10Mil.

I know right now I need more damage, just looking for some advice on cost effective ways to add it.

Thanks

your left ring can be upgraded fairly cheap for more dmg.
and upgrading gems is fairly cheap way of upgrading dmg output.
i would suggest swapping your HoTa out for whirwind-Hurricane for non uber play and play as a pure ww/srpint build. and switch bash rune to punish for dmg multiplier. and superstition out for brawler.

otherwise my suggestions will start going out of your pricerange.

all depends on your budget allowance for rebuilding your barb.
Reply Quote
In retro spect I should move my post over here so I will..

Okay,

so I'm still running VotA runs to get NV5 then Dalghur Oasis into the channels for xp/legendary drops. I've been having okay luck with it. I equipped a ton of magic find gear on my templar but haven't noticed much of a difference yet.

i'm loving my current build. I took off a fury generator and have no problem at all keeping my fury pretty high.

I tried playing Keeps depths 2 on Mp8 and I can do okay. I do die a lot. Although it's mostly from not dodging those pesky banglings. More than anything I really struggle with keeping WotB up. I read somewhere that dropping nado's on Sprint and get marathon but I'm not too sure about doing that.

I have about 140 million gold atm to drop anywhere. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of maybe getting a LS Skorn and then a witching hour to accommodate but those Skorns are hella expensive.

Also,... what should I craft if anything? I has a bit of gold, but is the resource/craft cost worth the attempt or should I just get some off the Ah?
Reply Quote
Hi InnerTurmoil,

I played with you several times.. doing crypt runs and ubers. I really like your play style as a barb. I was wondering if you would be willing to Skype cam with me and show me your mechanics of a barb. I would like to see what is the proper way of spamming sprint, battle rage, and overpower. Is there a rhythm you do with you fingers, do you press as fast as possible, or do you press it soft and steady? I would like it also if you can enlighten me on your thoughts when you encounter each pack of monsters or packs of elites. I am a visual learner so seeing these actions on Skype cam will help me tremendously!

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 09:42 PMPosted by MedinaTV
In retro spect I should move my post over here so I will..

Okay,

so I'm still running VotA runs to get NV5 then Dalghur Oasis into the channels for xp/legendary drops. I've been having okay luck with it. I equipped a ton of magic find gear on my templar but haven't noticed much of a difference yet.

i'm loving my current build. I took off a fury generator and have no problem at all keeping my fury pretty high.

I tried playing Keeps depths 2 on Mp8 and I can do okay. I do die a lot. Although it's mostly from not dodging those pesky banglings. More than anything I really struggle with keeping WotB up. I read somewhere that dropping nado's on Sprint and get marathon but I'm not too sure about doing that.

I have about 140 million gold atm to drop anywhere. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of maybe getting a LS Skorn and then a witching hour to accommodate but those Skorns are hella expensive.

Also,... what should I craft if anything? I has a bit of gold, but is the resource/craft cost worth the attempt or should I just get some off the Ah?

when running a skorn build, its a different way of playing to get used to keeping up wrath, also hitting certain breakpoints 42% ias for 1.67 while in wrath or 58% ias for 1.8 breakpoint while in wrath.
to hit these breakpoints its ideal to get the lifesteal skorn so you can use a witching hour belt for more ias. right now you have 34 ias on gear. with 8 more ias you will hit the next breakpoint at 1.67.
do not go marathon.. you need the nados from sprint for both fury gen and life sustain from lifesteal.
you can pick up the ias on 1 of your rings as an upgrade.

also try to get innas pants with 170+ vitality to give room for removing vitality gems and replacing with str gems.

and upgrade to higher vitality gem in helm .

there are many youtube videos of people runn skorn showing how to keep up wrath of the berserker. if you search around you can find alot of useful info and then just have to put it to practice.

You could go dual wield with a high dmg mace mainhand and an Echoing fury offhand to make it alot easier.

for breakpoint info for WW/sprint nado ticks (which are both on same breakpoint table)
read this --> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497

Edit: And yes crafting is what most do for amulets and shoulders.
str amulets and the bind on account shoulders you can roll vitality rolls and try to roll one with decent strength and res all on it. or roll str ones and hope for decent vitality and rez all rolls.
Edited by InnerTurmoil#1378 on 1/18/2014 10:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2014 10:07 PMPosted by Tang
Hi InnerTurmoil,

I played with you several times.. doing crypt runs and ubers. I really like your play style as a barb. I was wondering if you would be willing to Skype cam with me and show me your mechanics of a barb. I would like to see what is the proper way of spamming sprint, battle rage, and overpower. Is there a rhythm you do with you fingers, do you press as fast as possible, or do you press it soft and steady? I would like it also if you can enlighten me on your thoughts when you encounter each pack of monsters or packs of elites. I am a visual learner so seeing these actions on Skype cam will help me tremendously!

Thanks in advance!

Seeing as i know you very well as you do me, i know you are trolling, so i dont see any reason to this posting. ive seen you play. your not in need of any advice :-)

as for keystrokes.. you caress them tenderly at 1st, then pound on them long and hard . :-P
Reply Quote
thanks Innerturmoil. I'll keep a eye out for a decent ls Skorn then. I like it over the little bit I tried DW simply because I like the Hota damage and crits. It just feels more barbarany too if that makes any sense haha..

I'm okay not being perma wrath.

Mannn.... I crafted 60 shoulders and none were any good. My current one is so bare too. I can't believe my luck is this bad.
Reply Quote
if its any consolation Medina,
i crafted 1000+ shoulders, about 3000+ amulets
many bracers (probably around 1000)
trying to get better ones. some were nearly what i wanted but its random.
just keep at it til you get what you want over time.

As for HoTa.
i run a DW setup hybrid HoTa/WW build on my barb Sindroid.
a good dmg range MH mace can do quite well with hota.
Would suggest trying to gear for SoJ use and have a - cost to HoTa SoJ ring with Skorn.

01/18/2014 11:16 PMPosted by MedinaTV
I'm okay not being perma wrath.

-_- this is not "barbarany" *spanks* Whats more barb-ish than being in super saiyan mode smashing things like the hulk?
Reply Quote
InnerTurmoil in your opinion which is the best path to take either as pure WW or a WW/HOTA hybrid Skorn or DW?
Reply Quote
Either can be viable. DW pulls ahead in my opinion on pure WW and WW hota hybrid.
But i would defer to silverfire, or one of the other main 2 handers for their opinions regarding skorns and builds.
I could just feel biased possibly.
I do know Skorn is top notch for rend.
and if you can gear around using an SoJ and can get a good SoJ with reduction of -4 or -5 HoTa and 15 fury
it makes a huge impact on HoTa with skorn.
(thanks for silver and others who mentioned this to me)
either way though. getting the proper stats and gear for the weapon/build of your choice makes the difference.

DW is easier to build for and afford IMO.
Edited by InnerTurmoil#1378 on 1/19/2014 8:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'd try to help but I've only just recently restarted, leaving me with only questions and no answers. Sorry.

Am I geared enough for higher level MP Infernal Machine? I've been farming keys non-stop and I'm sitting on a bunch but I'm too worried to start doing it and wasting keys, I've never done it before and my friends all stopped playing prior to it existing and have no idea.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the all the great insight.. If I get a Hota SOJ what ring should I sacrifice? I'm still quite new to this whole thing. I don't fully understand the whole tick tier thing.. Btw I got a LS skorn for 25 mil on the auction house. Something tells me that I got really lucky though. Maybe not since their value is going down for RoS. I also got a Witching hour and now put on brawler too for the extra damage. My IAS went slightly down though with this skorn so I'm not sure where to upgrade next.. I have about 50 mil left.
Reply Quote
I was wondering what to do with my barb. I cant seem to kill anything. I have around 200million budget and was wondering what I could do to help in MP10. I have not been able to get my dps above 200k and I see similar geared barbs who are doing 250k . I have read most of the forums and was hoping you could help me with upgrades to maximize my barb.
Thanks
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 09:11 AMPosted by David
I'd try to help but I've only just recently restarted, leaving me with only questions and no answers. Sorry.

Am I geared enough for higher level MP Infernal Machine? I've been farming keys non-stop and I'm sitting on a bunch but I'm too worried to start doing it and wasting keys, I've never done it before and my friends all stopped playing prior to it existing and have no idea.

Oops, didn't switch profiles.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the help guys.. So I have 63% IAS gear haha. I realize this is way too much.I can drop 9% from a ring and get a SOJ. I tried one today (-3 hota) but it dramatically lowered my damage output.

Should i instead go for higher crit percentages/crit damage?
Reply Quote
Hey IT, could you change your thread name to like before? I think it is not as visible as previous thread.

"Bring your gear help / gear questions here part 2"

Cheers mate!
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 10:52 AMPosted by MedinaTV
Thanks for the all the great insight.. If I get a Hota SOJ what ring should I sacrifice? I'm still quite new to this whole thing. I don't fully understand the whole tick tier thing.. Btw I got a LS skorn for 25 mil on the auction house. Something tells me that I got really lucky though. Maybe not since their value is going down for RoS. I also got a Witching hour and now put on brawler too for the extra damage. My IAS went slightly down though with this skorn so I'm not sure where to upgrade next.. I have about 50 mil left.

if you used a SoJ ring your going to drop back the the 1.67 breakpoin which means you may as well lose 2 ias slots so you can increase dmg output.
you got the skorn cheap due to its low end dmg range.
1022-1454 where as the 1100+ to 1700+ is the pricey dmg range.
a touch more crit chance, more crit dmg, and some avg dmg is needed.
instead of an SoJ, i would suggest finding 2 good rings trying to get avg dmg , str, crit dmg, crit chance (and whatever extra you find is a plus)

orr you can go with an IK helm with 70+ all res 6% crit and just 1 ring like mentioned above.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]