Diablo® III

Closing thread

@ Dravok You quoted me but didnt say anything else. im not sure what you were trying to say or ask?
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 03:34 PMPosted by bigbadvoodoo
Hello,

I'm not sure what my next few upgrades should be, was wondering if you could give some advice.
I am mostly just paragon farming and might add in ubers if i can. I am currently using a straight HoTA build but i could switch if it makes more sense back to ww or a hybrid i am not picky. I got just a little over 40mil for a budget.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/bigbadvoodoo-1208/hero/3085997

Thanks.

at your gear level and budget i think you could get more out of dropping rend for overpower killing spree for 10% crit,
moving hota to left click and whirlwind-Hurricane rune placed on right click dropping bash entirely for non fury gen build.
and change from sprint rune "marathon" to "run like the wind"
making you a hybrid Hota/WW build
you need 1 more ias to hit next breakpoint and then 12 more ias after that to hit next breakpoint.
easiest for now is 1 more ias like left ring upgrade to 9 ias with 5-6 crit chance , avg dmg and possibly crit dmg.
then rest of gold can go between weapon upgrading, and or better depth diggers. good str higher vitality and 2 sockets.
also work on crafting bind on account strength amulets for a good 8-10 crit chance and 60+ crit dmg
these should be your focusing changes for now and then later on weapon upgrades with proper stat allocation etc.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 04:35 PMPosted by Daddyo
I'd also love some advice about the next step for my Barb. Currently farming MP8 easily and want to push my dps even further. I just hit 7.5 ticks for WW and I have about 58 mil to spend

drop bash for Hota smash
drop warcry for overpower killing spree
drop animosity for Brawler
get rid of strongarm bracers for either a well crafted bind on account bracer with 5-6% crit chance
vit/res all combination or something similiar.
lacuni bracers is an option too if you wanted to go IK helm for 5-6% more crit without losing your breakpoint.
just get all rez on helm to compensate the change.

this should make a big difference on your dmg output and you will mostly just have to worry about getting used to playing non fury gen build and use HoTa mainly just on elites, and whirlwind groups of mobs.
Reply Quote
I'm trying to build a WW/Rend barb for paragon farming, unsucessfully. Could use some tips.
I have a 54M budget to fix it.

change bash to rend-Ravage
change whirlwind rune to -Hurricane

get a decent pair of 200+str ice climber boots
and try to get higher vitality innas pants

You can also lose 1 gear slot of ias and still be at the 1.67 breakpoint, which should help you to gain more crit chance/dmg - which i would stick to crafting bind to account amulets of strength until you roll a strong 8-10 crit chance and 60+ crit dmg

beyond that i would refere you to Anwins thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10827932857
He specializes in his help thread forhota or rend skorn setups.

Thanks a lot!
I'm was testing some builders but i'll try to stick to the pure build with WW/Rend and no Bash. Still getting the hang of everything but i'm already doing MP7.

Is the 12% movespeed on the ice climbers necessary?

Anyway, thanks again for the help!
Edited by Noan#1238 on 1/20/2014 10:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 05:09 PMPosted by Calvin
Hi,
I would be appreciate if you can take a look at my gear and provide some advice on upgrade:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Calvin-1651/hero/39482975
I am most on WW and not able to stay in Warth of the berseker.
I am able to do MP5 act 1 no problem, however, in MP8 I find myself die often to elite pack with jailer, and fire damage. (due to my helm)
I am aiming to farm MP10 with no problem.
My current budget for upgrade is 50mil in total, but willing to spend 100mil if it will give me bang for the buck.

Thank you in advance

I suggest dropping your current helm for a mempo of twilight.
loss of crit chance for your budget but gain life % and all resists.
get 9 ias mempo and 11-12% life%

get a lifesteal skorn with 5.4% or more lifesteal and 160% or higher crit dmg

thus allowing you to get witching hour belt with 70+ all rez with 9 ias
then innas pants with 9 ias and 170+ vitality (no str on innas)
then replace wailing host with a untiy ring with at least 8-9 ias

this will get you to total of 42-43% ias to reach 1.67 attack speed while in wrath of berserker which helps on fury gen/life steal sustain.

after that change rend rune to ravage (wider area of hit range)
warcry to Wrath of the berserker - thrive on chaos rune
and if your going to be using a fury generator, switch cleave out for Bash, Punish rune, or instigation if your having fury issues.

Beyond that. i would direct you to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10827932857 Where Anwin can assist you for Skorn build and playstyle. he specializes more on advice for skorn setups than i do.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 07:02 PMPosted by Furbz
Hey there, I'm looking for some gear upgrades and I'm not sure where to go from here.

I've been using a WW/HoTA build as you can see, but I modified it to use rend as well. If I don't use rend w/ 9% LS then I tend to die more. I'm pretty much just running woods>weeping hollow>fields of misery solo. Also in a party I die often when running keys.

This is all MP8.

I don't have a budget really, I'm just looking for advice in general. I flip a lot of items so I can pretty much get a budget easily.

http://d3up.com/b/1308897

IK chest with over 200 str and over 200 vitality
IK gloves with high str. and crit dmg
Thus gaining 2 set bonus of 60 all rez as well as dmg increase in overall stats change.

Innas pants with 170+ vitality will make up for ias loss on gloves.
your 4% over necessary ias for the 1.8 breakpoint while in wrath at the moment.

also replace your current WH with one that has 60+ resist all.

change rend rune to -Ravage

then change vitality gems in gear to str gems and upgrade all your gems up to what you can afford.

for further advice for skorn build and gearing i suggest you go to Anwins thread here
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10827932857
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 07:10 PMPosted by Kasemeyer
Been using WW/HoTA build for a week or so now, I really like it but I'm not sure what to upgrade next as far as gear.

What piece(s) of gear should i upgrade next, with the purpose of paragon grinding more efficiently.

Any help is appreciated.

i dont know what your budget woud be but, my suggestions are the following if within your budget.
replace EF with better EF with .24 or higher on the ias bonus. open socket, and depending on what you can afford, lifeteal cheapest to get or crit base dmg if gold isnt an issue.
and use it in offhand
Then get a mace with black dmg (non elemental) for mainhand with
wpn% dmg
str
lifesteal
crit dmg
open socket

Next we will change your gear cause you need more ias and vitality
Innas pants with no str, get 9 ias and 170+ vitality
ik chest with higher vitality, try for 200+
unity ring with 8+ ias instead of crit dmg
and lacuni prowlers with 5-6 crit chance and 9 ias
you should have a total of at least 33% ias from gear with a .24 EF
but try to hit 34% just to be safe.
if you cant afford crit dmg open sockt EF and end up with lifesteal on both weapons you can also use a Witching hour belt with 70+ all rez instead of changing to lacuni bracers, thus allowing you to craft better bracers for a 5-6% crit ALL rez and possibly vitality BoA bracer.

and with 2 sources of lifesteal from gear you will change bloodthirst to brawler.

your build skills are fine but i wonder at the placement of them.
most would left click hota and right click whirlwind and have sprint on one of the # keys of action bar.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 08:25 PMPosted by TGBeats
Hi and thank you in advance for looking at my barb. So im fairly new and just would like to get put in the right direction. The build i want for my barb would be geared more towards crypt runs and farming. I do a lot of ubber runs with my friends also. The budget id like to work with is 100mill, but if theres some things where i need to go bigger, im fine working for it. Heres my barb. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TGBeats-1984/hero/39707278 . Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Im only able to farm mp2 as of now. MP3 is tricky but mp4 is no use. Also would prefer to have a WW build

I think you should read a few threads linked in the Sticky thread at top of barb forum.
you should be going for a basic balance of
50k or more Health
50% crit chance with just passives and gear.
500-ish all rez
5000 armo+
100 mill is plenty to make a viable MP 10 barb, and anything more you can afford just makes it that much stronger for dmg.

i would replace nearly all of your gear. i could work with a couple items you have, but too much to write at 1 given time for you to change/replace
Unless you would rather have me purchase the needed items with your gold for you and build you a gearset, then i need you to do some research on barb gearing and skill builds.
Reply Quote
Thank you very much. I will try it out tonight and consult Anwin for further suggestion if you don't mind.

01/20/2014 09:28 PMPosted by InnerTurmoil
Hi,
I would be appreciate if you can take a look at my gear and provide some advice on upgrade:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Calvin-1651/hero/39482975
I am most on WW and not able to stay in Warth of the berseker.
I am able to do MP5 act 1 no problem, however, in MP8 I find myself die often to elite pack with jailer, and fire damage. (due to my helm)
I am aiming to farm MP10 with no problem.
My current budget for upgrade is 50mil in total, but willing to spend 100mil if it will give me bang for the buck.

Thank you in advance

I suggest dropping your current helm for a mempo of twilight.
loss of crit chance for your budget but gain life % and all resists.
get 9 ias mempo and 11-12% life%

get a lifesteal skorn with 5.4% or more lifesteal and 160% or higher crit dmg

thus allowing you to get witching hour belt with 70+ all rez with 9 ias
then innas pants with 9 ias and 170+ vitality (no str on innas)
then replace wailing host with a untiy ring with at least 8-9 ias

this will get you to total of 42-43% ias to reach 1.67 attack speed while in wrath of berserker which helps on fury gen/life steal sustain.

after that change rend rune to ravage (wider area of hit range)
warcry to Wrath of the berserker - thrive on chaos rune
and if your going to be using a fury generator, switch cleave out for Bash, Punish rune, or instigation if your having fury issues.

Beyond that. i would direct you to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10827932857 Where Anwin can assist you for Skorn build and playstyle. he specializes more on advice for skorn setups than i do.
Reply Quote
sure thing :) , well im off to bed. ill see what posts need answering tomorrow when im back :)
Reply Quote
Hi and thanks for the thread, been helpful so far just reading. I started on the console version and have now found myself on PC. I've been working up in the mp levels(4-6 now) but am wondering what I should do with my gear to keep doing.

Right now I have a skorn on, which I bought as soon as I got to 60, but I usually use a rare mace with lifesteal and echoing fury offhand(+.25aps, 19%fear). Been experimenting with using a skorn but I'm definitely more comfortable with DW and want to try it more before I consider getting a LS skorn.

Edit: Have a 6% cold, 27(I think) elite, SoJ that I use for stacks also.

My 3rd passive is usually brawler but with the skorn I switched to bloodthirst.

I'm not really sure what the next step with my gear is. I know that my CC is perfect(just started using overpower instead of fury gen) and that my all res is probably to high. I just picked up a mempo and my gloves were self found but I'm guessing I can replace them now. What else?

As a new player my budget is almost non-existent with about 7 mil, just trying to figure out a plan. Thanks.
Edited by Jameson#1974 on 1/21/2014 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey I just recently got this barb and was trying to make it a WW/Hota build (more focused towards Hota) and was looking to upgrade my dps. I was told by various people that I should replace the sword with a axe/mace and switch the EF to the OH. I wanted to ask you for your help in balancing out my MH / OH and LS accordingly so I would be able to solo ubers / reflect packs. Would it be better to have a full out dmg + CD axe or mace for MH and use an IK belt for the LS or would it suffice to use the EF as MH and get a LS mighty weapon or axe?

The mace/axe with high base dmg and CD would give me alot of DPS but I would lose alot of APS if I were to replace the sword with a mace and WH with an IK belt. Also I'm looking to find the most efficient way to upgrade my barb (i.e not spending 2b~4b on a single item)

Here my currently geared barb:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/James-11516/hero/28424453
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/james-11516/BLACK/28424453

I also have a 5/13/30/-5 cold dmg soj and a 274/80/2.9% IK belt.

currently my budget is about +/-2b

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
Edited by James#11516 on 1/21/2014 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 09:15 AMPosted by Jameson
Hi and thanks for the thread, been helpful so far just reading. I started on the console version and have now found myself on PC. I've been working up in the mp levels(4-6 now) but am wondering what I should do with my gear to keep doing.

Right now I have a skorn on, which I bought as soon as I got to 60, but I usually use a rare mace with lifesteal and echoing fury offhand(+.25aps, 19%fear). Been experimenting with using a skorn but I'm definitely more comfortable with DW and want to try it more before I consider getting a LS skorn.

Edit: Have a 6% cold, 27(I think) elite, SoJ that I use for stacks also.

My 3rd passive is usually brawler but with the skorn I switched to bloodthirst.

I'm not really sure what the next step with my gear is. I know that my CC is perfect(just started using overpower instead of fury gen) and that my all res is probably to high. I just picked up a mempo and my gloves were self found but I'm guessing I can replace them now. What else?

As a new player my budget is almost non-existent with about 7 mil, just trying to figure out a plan. Thanks.

You could use a few simple changes for now.
Get an IK chest instead of that blackthorns.
try to save for a decent pair of Ice Climber boots with 200+ str
if your going skorn route, you are 6% short on IAS for the 1.67 breakpoint.
non LS skorn id suggest getting innas pants with 170+ vitality no str.
with lifesteal skorn, of 5.4% or higher LS
id suggest the switch to witching hour belt with whatever all resist you could afford along with strength.
If you decide to go dual wield which is easier to handle for most, i can give you more detailed advice, but i would refer you to Anwin's thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10827932857
for further 2 hander assistance.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 09:17 AMPosted by James
Hey I just recently got this barb and was trying to make it a WW/Hota build (more focused towards Hota) and was looking to upgrade my dps. I was told by various people that I should replace the sword with a axe/mace and switch the EF to the OH. I wanted to ask you for your help in balancing out my MH / OH and LS accordingly so I would be able to solo ubers / reflect packs. Would it be better to have a full out dmg + CD axe or mace for MH and use an IK belt for the LS or would it suffice to use the EF as MH and get a LS mighty weapon or axe?

The mace/axe with high base dmg and CD would give me alot of DPS but I would lose alot of APS if I were to replace the sword with a mace and WH with an IK belt. Also I'm looking to find the most efficient way to upgrade my barb (i.e not spending 2b~4b on a single item)

My 1st 2 gear changes would be
Witching hour belt needs replaced by a strong IK belt.
gaining you more all resist, lifesteal, and as a side note, 3 set bonus for melee reduction.

2nd, get innas pants with no strength and 170+ vitality
thus allowing you to gem str gems.

And yes EF to OFFhand and find a strong mace with a better or as good dmg range as the EF.
If you worry too much about what paper dmg says or worry about dropping tick count from sword.
your going to 2nd guess yourself.
Also your weapons will then be at the same breakpoints. Im sure your aware but i will state it anyhow to be sure.
EF .25 ias applies to both mainhand and offhand so both maces with be 1.45 attack speed even though the rare mace wont show it in its tooltip.
I read somewhere (dont remember) that hota breakpoints are so close together that you dont have to worry much about micromanaging your ias.
with a mace/sword combo your more like punch / slap / punch / slap.
and even as a hybrid HoTa WW barb on eliets/ubers you mostly will HoTa and then WW with sprint up to slightly boost dmg and fury gen.

also with ef in offhand you fear less often with whirlwind/sprint.

after these gear changes, switch out Warcry for Overpower/killing spree
and switch out Unforgiving passive for Brawler when regular farming, and you can switch to Superstition for Ubers for extra fury gen/survival.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 10:45 AMPosted by InnerTurmoil
You could use a few simple changes for now.
Get an IK chest instead of that blackthorns.
try to save for a decent pair of Ice Climber boots with 200+ str
if your going skorn route, you are 6% short on IAS for the 1.67 breakpoint.
non LS skorn id suggest getting innas pants with 170+ vitality no str.
with lifesteal skorn, of 5.4% or higher LS
id suggest the switch to witching hour belt with whatever all resist you could afford along with strength.
If you decide to go dual wield which is easier to handle for most, i can give you more detailed advice, but i would refer you to Anwin's thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10827932857
for further 2 hander assistance.

I plan to stay DW, profile was just set because of maint and I couldn't switch back to my normal.

I'l look into an IK chest and if I get ice climbers, where do I pick up the MS(i'm guessing its out of my price range on IC). Inna's seem the obvious answer but they are expensive, especially with +vit, since i'll make up the str on IC.
Reply Quote
Yo, so what's the deal with this amulet I currently have on my Barb. It isn't that great right now, but I'm thinking it might be pretty good for ROS? It has 98% crit damage, 8% ias, 41%mf, +56 AR and a tad of strength. Is this at all normal? The crit damage seems way high... Maybe it rolled crit damage twice?

Maybe I should ask this somewhere else. Just an oddity that I noticed.
Edited by MedinaTV#1267 on 1/21/2014 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
Suggestions for raising DPS? Would love to be able to tackle higher MP. Do MP5 with no issues. Was doing MP6 and tweaking gear until todays patch, now I'm getting plowed through by most elites.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 11:05 AMPosted by InnerTurmoil

My 1st 2 gear changes would be
Witching hour belt needs replaced by a strong IK belt.
gaining you more all resist, lifesteal, and as a side note, 3 set bonus for melee reduction.

2nd, get innas pants with no strength and 170+ vitality
thus allowing you to gem str gems.

And yes EF to OFFhand and find a strong mace with a better or as good dmg range as the EF.
If you worry too much about what paper dmg says or worry about dropping tick count from sword.
your going to 2nd guess yourself.
Also your weapons will then be at the same breakpoints. Im sure your aware but i will state it anyhow to be sure.
EF .25 ias applies to both mainhand and offhand so both maces with be 1.45 attack speed even though the rare mace wont show it in its tooltip.
I read somewhere (dont remember) that hota breakpoints are so close together that you dont have to worry much about micromanaging your ias.
with a mace/sword combo your more like punch / slap / punch / slap.
and even as a hybrid HoTa WW barb on eliets/ubers you mostly will HoTa and then WW with sprint up to slightly boost dmg and fury gen.

also with ef in offhand you fear less often with whirlwind/sprint.

after these gear changes, switch out Warcry for Overpower/killing spree
and switch out Unforgiving passive for Brawler when regular farming, and you can switch to Superstition for Ubers for extra fury gen/survival.

Thanks for the detailed advice! :)

I mentioned that I have a 274STR/80VIT/78AR IK belt before but is that not good?

and if I do switch to a mace, I will end up with 2.25 APS. Will that suffice?
Reply Quote
@InnerTurmoil Sorry about that I thought I left a response under the quote but it looks like I didn't. I wrote that I agree with how you feel and prefer DW over Skorn. However, now I am in the predicament of finding two decent weapons to replace my Skorn. The AH depresses me so much when I see good weapons costing hundreds of millions of gold. :(
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 09:05 PMPosted by InnerTurmoil
I'd also love some advice about the next step for my Barb. Currently farming MP8 easily and want to push my dps even further. I just hit 7.5 ticks for WW and I have about 58 mil to spend

drop bash for Hota smash
drop warcry for overpower killing spree
drop animosity for Brawler
get rid of strongarm bracers for either a well crafted bind on account bracer with 5-6% crit chance
vit/res all combination or something similiar.
lacuni bracers is an option too if you wanted to go IK helm for 5-6% more crit without losing your breakpoint.
just get all rez on helm to compensate the change.

this should make a big difference on your dmg output and you will mostly just have to worry about getting used to playing non fury gen build and use HoTa mainly just on elites, and whirlwind groups of mobs.

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. I went and practiced the build with fury gen and it took me a while to get the hang of it. My worst enemy was my lack of cc. I took your advice regarding IK helm. I went and got a Witching Hour, and then took Bloodthirst as passive. Got a higher vit IK chest (gave up some str) and got a AR Strongarm (lost some str here too). I think I gained like 20k dps overall, but I kill sooooo much faster. :) Let me know what you think about my setup now. Thanks again!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]