Diablo® III

RoS initial hype dying quickly after last PTR

I haven't tried the PTR but this sound very disheartening coming from MVPs

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907?page=1
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307960932

Sound like more D3V launch with nigh impossible inferno monsters (read brick wall caused by gear check) and meager drops (causing the brick wall). Sounds to me that it will be tough to gear a new toon self found for higher difficulties.

For those of you who have been playing the latest RoS beta, is this an honest portrayal of the RoS or read those comments with a huge bag of salt?

I'll really think twice about getting RoS if this is true.

Edit: RoS Beta
Edited by jtcdgroup#6797 on 1/19/2014 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Those threads refer to the state of the RoS beta not the PTR.

Both RoS beta and the PTR have their own problems which don't necessarily cross over.

From what I've seen on the PTR since the latest patch, it is hamstrung by broken affix rolls, low drop rates and low monster density. It's pointless to play it right now until they apply hotfixes or the next patch.

You know things are really bad when you see an MVP cancel a CE pre-order.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 1/19/2014 7:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 06:53 PMPosted by Hypersonic
From what I've seen on the PTR since the latest patch, it is hamstrung by broken affix rolls, low drop rates and low monster density. It's pointless to play it right now until they apply hotfixes or the next patch.

This sums up PTR for me. Can't comment on Beta.

TBH I don't expect 2.0 or RoS to be any good at first. I'll probably buy RoS and play it, but I probably won't commit to it until the 1st or 2nd patch when most of the intolerable kinks will hopefully have been ironed out.
Reply Quote
Preeeeeeety worried about RoS endgame so far.

Personal gripes:

1.Magic Find removed from paragon levels. Your character gets an itty bitty buff to dps and health every paragon level, whoop dee doo. Main reason why I looked forward to each new paragon level was the extra magic find.

2.Diminished Magic Find effects on legendaries(30%). Just remove it altogether already.

3.New lvl 70 infernal machine bosses are recycled old ones.

4.No special rift modes implemented

5.They're saving the Runewords trump card for the next expansion.

Should've allocated the time and manpower to maybe adding different textures to lvl 70 infernal machine bosses(different colour, more horns, zombie versions, whatever) or additional rift modes instead of this whole Design a Legendary thing(a legendary that's looking pretty meh to me atm).
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Revoked
Edited by Narull#6634 on 1/20/2014 3:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm sorry Narull, I normally agree with your posts, but on this I am not sure. I read the MVP posts, and quite frankly, a lot of what they said there are things that I myself have verbalised.

I love this game, probably a little too much, and I am hoping like hell that it will triumph in the end, but I have to say I am feeling quite depressed about it at the moment. Not to the extent that I am going to cancel my pre-order, but I can't even be bothered playing PTR at the moment, because it depresses me. I guess it does that because I want it to succeed so badly, and it just isn't ticking any of my boxes at the moment.

I realise it's called Public Test Realm for a reason and it is not the final product, but I haven't seen any improvements made in the areas important to me, or in the areas that the forums have been crying out for.

I am a very social person, and really enjoy playing with my friends, helping out where I can, chatting with them while we play, and not being able to give a legendary item to them simply because they weren't in my game when i found it, is killing me. Hell, I haven't even found a legendary item in the PTR for so long, I couldn't even do it if I wasn't BOA.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Revoked
Edited by Narull#6634 on 1/20/2014 3:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
Droth and TheTias, as well as several others, were simply airing their growing frustrations with the beta. Their posts are well written critiques based on valid concerns on the current state of the game.

Fearmongering would imply they are trying to be manipulative and using exaggerated claims or propaganda to further their cause. I didn't get any of such while reading those posts.
Reply Quote
@ Narull do Blizzard pay you for your opinion or are you just an employee?

So many other MVP's seem to not share your enthusiasm...

They are just inexperienced noobs, right?
Reply Quote
tbh some of the opinions I theory crafted were echoed in that post.

While I can see the intent of how the devs were trying to direct RoS and loot 2.0 buy addressing the issues in d3v (ie smart drops), it has now opened up a new set of issues (ie you cant really gear for alts with diff main stat because of smart drops). It's a can of worms. Sooooo much to change to the fundamental mechanics of the game, to be developed in what... 1.5years? that's a short amount of time in comparison to what it took to get d3v out.

With 2 months to go, I'll take a bet that Blizz are shaking in their boots somewhat to get a reasonable game out.

And I have to agree with the statement about the flip-flopping of patch changes - like the latest nerf to skills. Having such big changes this far from release, to me, feels like they are disconnected from the game or don't really have a good clue in the direction they're heading.

However, in saying that I do wish them all the best. This PR on their own forum probably isnt doing them any good. While the GD section of the forums is full off QQer's I think that this general tone appears to be a unified one.
Edited by Weegee#6520 on 1/20/2014 2:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 02:32 AMPosted by madoberon
@ Narull do Blizzard pay you for your opinion or are you just an employee?

So many other MVP's seem to not share your enthusiasm...

They are just inexperienced noobs, right?

That is probably a little hard. Narull is one of the good guys. We just have a small disagreement of opinion here, which is good for discussion.

Having said that Narull, BOA as a whole is not my only concern, far from it. It is one of my concerns. I think that reading the whole post on the ROS Beta forum, a lot of my concerns are mirrored there.

I think you'll find that Droth was very pro BOA in the past, but his post is not just about this facet. Thank you for your comments, taken in the spirit they were given. :)
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Revoked
Edited by Narull#6634 on 1/20/2014 3:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
:(
Reply Quote
Now I really am feeling sad....I better get a nice glass of red.
Reply Quote
This is starting to sound to me like a conversation my bro and I had over lunch one day. D3V while flawed, managed to solve something for the casual player and the player who has a specific build they want to achieve... they didn't have to grind for hours on end to achieve a viable build for end game or the build they wanted to try out because of the AH.

Why is that a good thing?...

01/20/2014 01:36 AMPosted by Septimus
I am a very social person, and really enjoy playing with my friends, helping out where I can, chatting with them while we play, and not being able to give a legendary item to them simply because they weren't in my game when i found it, is killing me.

I hear ya Sept. I probably wouldn't be crypt running with anyone had it not been for the AH and the generosity of a few players on here. I don't like to grind through games these days. Don't have the time, nor the will. Being able to reach lvl60 and gear up from the AH allowed me to at the very least have 1 build that was of use in end game and that opened up the possibility for me to participate in ubers and crypt runs with this community.

I do fear that I may not get a good enough build for RoS end game.

01/19/2014 10:22 PMPosted by abend
I'll probably buy RoS and play it, but I probably won't commit to it until the 1st or 2nd patch

This is where my feelings are going towards too abend. I'm buying RoS firstly for the experience of playing the Crusader and to finish off the story with the original classes. That is achievable and will get no matter what. But how end game will pan out.... I think by the time it's ironed out and has lasting appeal, I might have moved on.

But, we'll see what happens.
Reply Quote
shame I didn't get to see the revoked posts... I too am concerned about the BoA aspect and the implication of that change.

I understand WHY they did it - but really - a 2 hour window to trade items between only the players in your party when you found it narrows the opportunity to assist friends greatly. Like Sept and Mugsy - I am greatly enjoying the social aspect of the game and the ability to gift gear to other party members is part of the enjoyment for me.

Why not restrict the BoA trade window to only friends on your friend list BEFORE you found the item?

As I haven't seen PTR or beta, I cannot comment further on the other issues that some players are talking about ... but I LOVE this game and am hoping against hope that they haven't swung too far from right to left.
Reply Quote
hmmm.....i was actually going to pre-order mine today but reading those PTR feedback so far, maybe not going to do it till they change it. The excitement of a chance of gear upgrade from the loot, Sharing loot find with friends or alts and seeing "Pillar of Beam", was what kept me playing D3. This is a sad day indeed... :(
Reply Quote
One thing that comes to mind when reading posts like this, is the main issue with open beta and public testing.

*please note that this is a Beta and not the final product.

People seem to forget these things these days, with Alpha and public Beta testing becoming more openly available, I would relax, wait to see what the opinions are on release, if people really di base all there opinions on what Alpha and Beta builds played like might as well quit playing games.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 04:02 PMPosted by troyshaun
please note that this is a Beta and not the final product.

If we seem a little paranoid in reference to the PTR and Beta testing, it is probably because we have been down that road once before. People put in a lot of feedback in the D3V beta testing, but it was still released in it's raw form. Took a looooong time and a lot of patching just to get it to where it is on live today. I don't know if I have another 12 months or more of that in me.
Reply Quote
01/20/2014 04:02 PMPosted by troyshaun
One thing that comes to mind when reading posts like this, is the main issue with open beta and public testing.

*please note that this is a Beta and not the final product.

People seem to forget these things these days, with Alpha and public Beta testing becoming more openly available, I would relax, wait to see what the opinions are on release, if people really di base all there opinions on what Alpha and Beta builds played like might as well quit playing games.

I would say it would be a reasonable PoV if the release was not so close. I don't see them being able to make major changes in such short time and we may very well go for some several and long months of patches to address those issues. This may deter quite a large portion of a already disgruntled group of "fans", those returning especially.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]