Diablo® III

This is SCARY!!

01/19/2014 04:46 PMPosted by Socs
#1. You are all over thinking this game. Who care's about itemization and blah blah blah. I'm not going to read a wall of text just because it's green. Sounds like some MVP's need to get some fresh air.

#2. Maybe the problem is not the game, but the MVP's. Blizz needs to be more picky in selecting them. In fact. Just get rid of them.

#3. Almost of of you are going to buy RoS. Stop using scare tactics. Just buy the game and play it. Stop trying to be backseat Developers.

Try apply a job for the North Korea government.
01/19/2014 04:10 PMPosted by CrniVuk
They come up with a lot of very valid concerns, based on EXPERIENCE(!) by playing the BETA, which is 2 months away from release (how much can be changed in 2 months? only very little).

The bad news from a beta tester - everything TheTias says is spot on accurate. The good news - unless blizzard has some REALLY poorly written code none of those issues mentioned should be that difficult to fix. (even in time for release!)

They just need to take that post - and address pretty much every topic in it; most take little more than number tweaks. Although some of those topics are more worrisome than others (namely the ones that address issues at the level cap vs those that address the pre 70/60 issues) addressing all of them in time for RoS (with a day 1 patch being a given) shouldn't be a super human feat... I just hope they are listening to the feedback that isn't from their "focused feedback requested"

Of course...looking at the last patch they really aren't looking at the feedback they don't request =/
I think they bring up some valid flaws but I continue to feel that RoS is a far superior product to D3 vanilla. I still can't wait to buy the game and plan to do so.

Here's hoping we some some refinement though since the game is clearly far from perfect. The fact that these are greens posting disappoint doesn't have an impact on my thoughts though. I've always considered them at the same level as any other poster be it a random or a streamer like Kripp. Kudos to them voting with their wallet though it's the only power we as consumers have in a case like this.
I keep telling myself that this is a beta... Then I remember how the d3v launch was for the first couple months. I haven't cancelled my preorder because deep down I think the devs can't possibly be this stupid... I hope I am right.
01/19/2014 04:49 PMPosted by DrothVader
I am in no way attempting to bring down Blizzard's name, but I just don't feel as though this game will ever be meant for anyone other than someone who is an opportunist player. And what I mean by that is someone who plays a FotM class, uses broken builds / specs, and takes advantage of bugs and exploits when they are found. They don't play the game for the sake of playing the game, they play it as efficiently as possible and that's it. That's just who I feel the game is designed for and to be honest, that's not fun.

You call them opportunist. I call them elitists. The forum is full of them. They ruin gaming for everyone. Every game has them, so saying your going to quit D3 is just silly.
01/19/2014 04:58 PMPosted by BEER
I keep telling myself that this is a beta... Then I remember how the d3v launch was for the first couple months. I haven't cancelled my preorder because deep down I think the devs can't possibly be this stupid... I hope I am right.

Were you happy with how diablo was released?

Yeah, there is a bunch of not so good feedback coming from beta testers, but actually thats a good thing.

The more people to post how they feel, their ideas, their thoughts, the better chance they have to fix the problems.

I am getting a bit nervous myself, beings that release is drawing closer, and theres so many issues (new and old) arising. I really hope this sint like D3v, and takes 5 patches to get things rolling in the right direction (and even then there were some issues -loot rolls, only a few viable builds, etc-).

We can only wait and see :/

Were you happy with how diablo was released?

Yeah, there is a bunch of not so good feedback coming from beta testers, but actually thats a good thing.

The more people to post how they feel, their ideas, their thoughts, the better chance they have to fix the problems.

I am getting a bit nervous myself, beings that release is drawing closer, and theres so many issues (new and old) arising. I really hope this sint like D3v, and takes 5 patches to get things rolling in the right direction (and even then there were some issues -loot rolls, only a few viable builds, etc-).

We can only wait and see :/

The dream would be for Blizzard to address all of the paragraphs in at the very least written form so that we can see their thinking.......right now there is just this massive silence as they community waits and the train powers on towards the station. The question is will it arrive in one piece or go down in a blazing ball of fire?
Edited by Gibs#1324 on 1/19/2014 5:55 PM PST
Interesting read, sounds like they did not learn from their mistakes or choose not to.

Sounds like drops will be harder to come by like what D3V was in initial launch, that and the BoA and you basically have a even higher brick wall to climb in terms of gears.

The monster HP issue is a major concern, who finds it fun to wail against monsters for extended hours? Challenging gameplay is not longer time to kill monsters.
Maybe they are bringing back AH why else have gavel in lower right? WIth AH poor drop rates are needed to traffic it and make Blizzard money or at least break even. Just sayin. It is beta.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/19/2014 6:46 PM PST
Droth, you're not obligated to do anything. However, telling the whole community you're boycotting RoS is totally different from criticizing and providing feedback.

People on these forums look up to the MVP's, and you're not setting a very good example by telling everyone you're cancelling your RoS order. You can criticize out the yin yang without adding in that you're not buying the game.

IMO it's very bad form for an MVP.
01/19/2014 06:55 PMPosted by ImmortalKing
Droth, you're not obligated to do anything. However, telling the whole community you're boycotting RoS is totally different from criticizing and providing feedback.

People on these forums look up to the MVP's, and you're not setting a very good example by telling everyone you're cancelling your RoS order. You can criticize out the yin yang without adding in that you're not buying the game.

IMO it's very bad form for an MVP.

Maybe so but the message has no been sent to us all and almost every other poster agrees; so there is truth there!!! Maybe Droth should be praised for having the balls to stand up to Blizzard even if he is an MVP.......enough is enough sometimes even for fanboys.

Blizzard has been so quite and only providing the most minimal amount of information.......we have no idea what to expect and they wonder why people are freaking out and cancelling their pre-orders.
Edited by Gibs#1324 on 1/19/2014 7:03 PM PST
Eh, I've read shards of text from the hyper-tetris walls they're dropping. I hope it's great feedback that helps, but aside from that and the shards I've read, I already made up my mind months ago. Honestly there's hardly anything else I want to play. Some SC2 here. Some other games which I haven't played in weeks even though they were neat (won't say (don't want to advertise)).

Honestly, I believe any problems that need to be fixed will be fixed. Maybe it'll be after we buy. Maybe before, but it really doesn't matter. It's hard to explain the relaxed peace some of us love to live with. Things will be okay or get better. Of all the things I can spend $40 on, Blizzard games are really worth it. It'll all work out.

Give your feedback. Support who you feel is right. Life goes on.

I think it's in perfect form and he's setting the right example by expressing his opinion instead of just putting his head in the sand. I don't care if his text is gold, brown, or green. People can decide for themselves wither or not they are going to purchase it. Droth is more part of this community (even though it's in nonstop conflict) than he is part of blizzard. So I applaud the fact that he and the rest of the MVP's are voicing their opinions and criticisms, while putting their "MVP" status potentially on the line. If blizz happens to remove their status, then it just makes them look that much worse than they already do.

Much appreciation to Droth, and TheTias for their most recent post(s). Planet, I have not forgotten you either.
Edited by Menacetech#1216 on 1/19/2014 8:42 PM PST
The ship is going down. It's not like we saw this coming though.
Or did we?
01/19/2014 07:15 PMPosted by Achie
The ship is going down. It's not like we saw this coming though.
Or did we?

Saw it coming months ago, quit playing knowing it would not live up. Tried POE, after you hit that brick wall, makes you want to give up games like this for a while. On to shooting copters out the sky with RPG's....peace Diablo...loved you long time, but your $5.00 no good no more.
90 Night Elf Priest
Some folks are providing feedback. Some are providing threats.

And some here are taking both in ways they probably shouldn't be taken.

Chill out, guys, and read the patch notes. As players that are not participating in the beta, that's pretty much all we can do. It beats running around like Chicken Little screaming about a sky that isn't really falling (yet?) in the first place.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]