Diablo® III

Gyana Na Kashu - legendary with a kick (PTR)

02/11/2014 04:29 PMPosted by Hinnyu
Ever the sportsman I see, giving monsters a chance to stand against you. Well, LTK is not for everyone ;)

I've given LTK plenty of tries on PTR to win me over, but I just can't stand the tiny hit box even if it has the best damage/spirit ratio... even if it gets buffed further with legendaries like Cindercoat, legacy sojs, or this helm. I compromised and ran an Bell+LTK build to use on Trash+Elites... but decided I'd rather just stick with 1 spirit spender. Though for bosses/ubers, LTK clearly wins out - I suspect the majority of time will be spent AoEing the waves of high density mobs we all have demanded.
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 08:55 AMPosted by Davlok
I suspect the majority of time will be spent AoEing the waves of high density mobs we all have demanded.

Depends on what you do I guess, but it's not been my experience. I'm bottlenecked on elites if anything, and I don't usually plow through endless packs of dozens of mobs the way you do in Crypt or FoM on live.

That being said, I'm sure that these things vary with gear and with what/where you farm.
Reply Quote
I combine it with EP and it's a big win. Strong spirit to keep on decimating large packs of monsters, and simply take out elites with LTK (and optionally EP).
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
02/11/2014 04:29 PMPosted by Hinnyu
Ever the sportsman I see, giving monsters a chance to stand against you. Well, LTK is not for everyone ;)

Tempest Rush - Northern Breeze is WAY too good IMO ... I use nothing else.

Mythic Rhythm snapshots into both SW and TR so it's gen>gen>gen>SW>gen>gen>gen>TR... hold it forever use MR + Momentum for DPS boosts and Thunderfury + Skycutter (holy dmg effects Northern Breeze now) as deeps.

Air ele + CDR paragon/helm/beacon = insane spir/sec so I can TR almost infinitely with ~1.8 APS.
All that CDR also makes using Epiphany-Inner Fire worth it because TR + Inner Fire is INCREDIBLY OVERPOWERED and Epiph makes you immune to Crowd Control (not listed on the ability but it does) which means nothing can stop your TR snapshot ............ yea.

Come at me RoS ... TR4Life.

GNK+LTK is actually a downgrade in terms of dps :P
Edited by Druin#1518 on 2/12/2014 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Druin
Mythic Rhythm snapshots into both SW and TR so it's gen>gen>gen>SW>gen>gen>gen>TR... hold it forever use MR + Momentum for DPS boosts and Thunderfury + Skycutter (holy dmg effects Northern Breeze now) as deeps.

Do you lose the snapshot on SW if you swap out Mythic Rhythm?

02/12/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Druin
Air ele + CDR paragon/helm/beacon = insane spir/sec so I can TR almost infinitely with ~1.8 APS.
All that CDR also makes using Epiphany-Inner Fire worth it because TR + Inner Fire is INCREDIBLY OVERPOWERED and Epiph makes you immune to Crowd Control (not listed on the ability but it does) which means nothing can stop your TR snapshot ............ yea.

You perma-TR even against elites? So the best attack you've come up with more or less involves running around in circles? I know a certain Monk who's going to be thrill to discover that this is now a viable strategy...
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
02/12/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Demiwraith
Do you lose the snapshot on SW if you swap out Mythic Rhythm?

That would be incredibly frustrating to test ... but as I am pretty familiar with snapshot mechanics, I can almost 100% promise you that it does.

02/12/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Demiwraith
You perma-TR even against elites? So the best attack you've come up with more or less involves running around in circles? I know a certain Monk who's going to be thrill to discover that this is now a viable strategy...

Because TR doesn't have a speed-boost anymore and I don't have 3x Inna's to refresh SW and I use WotHF:BF for the buff, I actually auto-stuff in between packs to keep the BF buff up + MoC:Annihilation for running fast.

Oddly, I run faster while not TRing than while TRing .... but yea my main attack is TR. It's usually better DPS to keep the BF buff up so I will usually go WotHFx3 -> TR for 5 seconds -> WotHFx3 ... ect.

It's a very neat spec and I like it! :D
Reply Quote
I found two of them on PTR since last reload of my EU account just 3 days ago. Previosly had a couple of them as well. Have tried to use them several times without much success on high torment levels. All these spirit stones are huge downgrade compared to my Mempo, and regardless how much I tried to buff LTK based build - it worked really bad on T6 (60) for me.
The best T6 (60) build for me in current PTR patch appears to be physical damage (EP/TFiW, pilars, sw/bladestorm, overawe, WotHF) with blind in the middle (have 13% to physical damage on bracers). That even got me to paragon level 350 (from 339) in just about 10 hours of playing on T6 (60).

P.S.
I can also post pictures of these two that I found when I get back home from work (if anyone interested).
P.P.S.
here is the link to my main EU monk: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nephelem-2423/hero/17030673

edit: here are the pictures:
http://postimg.org/image/uqka8gdu3/
http://postimg.org/image/jca674bo3/
Edited by Nephelem#2423 on 2/14/2014 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
I tried building a full fire-dmg LTK-SFK + GNK build and I will admit .... it's pretty beast.

The single-target damage is just out of control especially with epiphany-Inner Fire up.

However, it is so much worse at killing trash that I have trouble really justifying the spec over my TR spec.

Perhaps I will incorporate EP into the build and see how that goes! :D
Reply Quote
02/12/2014 10:11 AMPosted by Hinnyu
02/12/2014 08:55 AMPosted by Davlok
I suspect the majority of time will be spent AoEing the waves of high density mobs we all have demanded.

Depends on what you do I guess, but it's not been my experience. I'm bottlenecked on elites if anything, and I don't usually plow through endless packs of dozens of mobs the way you do in Crypt or FoM on live.

That being said, I'm sure that these things vary with gear and with what/where you farm.

Even against elites, unless I'm running cyclone strike, find bells less frustrating to use. I hate having to 'walk up' even a short distance to each of them to kick in face instead of just bell spam in their general direction.... and likely hit all 4 elites instead of 2. But single target - boss / ubers LTK is the clear favorite.
Reply Quote
02/14/2014 09:22 AMPosted by Druin
I tried building a full fire-dmg LTK-SFK + GNK build and I will admit .... it's pretty beast.

The single-target damage is just out of control especially with epiphany-Inner Fire up.

However, it is so much worse at killing trash that I have trouble really justifying the spec over my TR spec.

Perhaps I will incorporate EP into the build and see how that goes! :D

I've been relying heavily on EP to do my AoE damage, and it's been working quite well. Torn between TFIW and SS for the rune, both have their uses. It might depend on the area you're farming, and how dense it is.

I haven't really been paying attention to trash a lot because it dies so fast. Even on T6 things rarely stay alive long enough for them to matter, 2-3 well-placed EPs and then kicking them in the face usually explodes packs pretty well. Elites are the only thing that worries me, and so I'm very fine with having a more single-target-focused build.

That being said, the main reason I've been running the fire LTK build is that it's the one I have the best gear for (GnK and Magefist). I do not doubt that had I gotten some of the other pieces (like Skycutter and the holy amulet) something else might be more effective.

Seems to be the general RoS paradigm anyway: you run what you have the gear for, and build around that. So far Lightning and Fire seem to have the most potential in that respect, though Holy and even Frost are not out of the question at all. Not sure about Physical, that one might be lacking a legendary or two..
Reply Quote
2nd leg drop from patch 2.01

http://tinypic.com/r/24wwok7/8

Feeling really lucky and happy it's exactly the leg I wanted. Is it possible to reroll the leg affix looks like I got a low number compared to the other ones in this thread (398% fire damage)
Edited by koldblooded#1400 on 2/26/2014 2:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 02:31 AMPosted by koldblooded

Feeling really lucky and happy it's exactly the leg I wanted. Is it possible to reroll the leg affix looks like I got a low number compared to the other ones in this thread (398% fire damage)

What's the range on the spirit regen?
Reply Quote
It looked bugged when I held control over it said 2-2
Reply Quote
Is it possible to reroll the leg affix looks like I got a low number compared to the other ones in this thread (398% fire damage)

Not possible. Legendary affixes normally cannot be rerolled at all, and in the few rare cases where they can, then only to other affixes normally available in that slot and not to higher values of the same.

02/26/2014 02:51 AMPosted by Rayquorz
What's the range on the spirit regen?

My 70 one said 2-3, it might be different for the 60 one.
Reply Quote
This item is insane. The balance in the game is basically randomized.

1000% DPS indefinitely because of how easy it is to get spirit. Holding down one button. Okay. Shakes head.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile

Congrats buddy! This is one of the most fun items in loot 2.0 (though there are many more!)

I look forward to seeing what can be done with a GNK in 2.0live :D

02/26/2014 12:19 PMPosted by Luminair
This item is insane. The balance in the game is basically randomized.

1000% DPS indefinitely because of how easy it is to get spirit. Holding down one button. Okay. Shakes head.

What?

If you have never played a LTK-SFK build, I suggest trying it. It's by no means "holding down one button" and the hitbox is the size of a small sparrow in flight ...

In fact, for the most part, the days of "holding down one button" are coming to an end with the pending death of LifeSteal.
Reply Quote
I don't know what you think I said, but I get 20x 1000% damage ranged+splash attacks per second using a 1500 average damage hammer. Wave of Light (or anything else monk does) is not close to that damage output. I haven't seen such an insane damage increase since they quadrupled WOL damage.

They're out of their minds. It's a different game now. Between the new design and disabled trading, it's really a different game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]