Diablo® III

Kill Monsters - Get Loot...Video.

This is a link to a video clip that is really well worth seeing. Please watch it, and comment here about it, so that our feedback may make a difference to ROS - the finished product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7O6bR3KB08

My own feedback on this video, is that he is enthusiastic about ROS, and just wants what's broken to be fixed, so that come launch day, we have a really great outcome. My thoughts exactly.

Please, Please listen Blizz.
Reply Quote
A bit too late for them to change anything now, they need to send the gold disc to the manufacturers by end of the month or early Feb latest to meet hardcopy shipping. Most likely, if the devs listen and make any sort of change, it will be post launch of RoS.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 06:40 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
A bit too late for them to change anything now, they need to send the gold disc to the manufacturers by end of the month or early Feb latest to meet hardcopy shipping. Most likely, if the devs listen and make any sort of change, it will be post launch of RoS.

I certainly hope not, because they would be shooting themselves in the foot. Even a tweak upwards in the droprate for now would keep a lot of people interested.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 06:40 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
bit too late for them to change anything now, they need to send the gold disc to the manufacturers by end of the month or early Feb latest to meet hardcopy shipping. Most

considering this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12440695/background-download-now-available-1-17-2014

the whole gold disc thing is a sham anyways. (Apologies to all and sundry if you see me continually go on about this - I am on prepaid wireless 4G and downloads of this size when you are still buying a physical copy are a joke - you should be able to opt for expansion on pre-release download...the patch should be separate)

Game expansion will be a patch job for sure... just hope the warts aren't so deep as to leave scars.

My stash is just about empty of legs due to gifting while we can... now I just can't wait for RoS. Just need more para's and some better WD zero dog gear :)

Have fun!
Reply Quote
Drop rates tweak seems plausible, but I'm no programmer. lol

Stuff like affixes, monsters HP vs dmg output would definitely take longer I would think.
Reply Quote
@Nick, weird thing is on my old launcher the file download is 14.5 GB file. Hmm makes me wonder what's the extra files for.
Reply Quote
I have a development background and that leads me to think that there is a possibility of a lot of this being fixed. There are a lot of ways that D3 could be coded, so what I am outlining here are possibilities not certainties.

Drop rates are easily tuned, they could even be a backend change that does not require a client side patch. The bonuses of higher difficulties can likewsie be tuned, they are just percentages. I believe that Blizz will however err on the side of caution. The AH is closing, BOA is being implemented and the level cap is being introduced. This is as close to a full reset as Blizzard is going to get. If loot drops start off to high and everyone is gear up too quickly they are back at square one. For this reason I think that they will set the drop rates as low as they possibly can, in the belief that it will extend the lift of the game. I am not sure if that is right or wrong.

When you hear a lot of complaints it really all comes back to drop rates. Bounties being the only game play style is only because mobs dont drop enough loot currently. It it gets back to mobs dropping loot, you can do anything you want as long as you kill mobs.

The other ray of light in terms of fixes that are not percentage based is that in development you are never only working on one version of software. We do not know how old the version that is on the beta servers is, it is quite possible that it might be more than a month old. Remember that before a release hits the beta servers it would be going through a lot of internal testing. How much testing might surprise you.

So my ray of light (that may be extinguished) is that a lot of tuning should be possible in terms of drops and difficulty bonuses, and the version that is on the beta servers is very unlikely to be the most current version they are working on.

Having said all of that, my biggest hope is that the most efficient (and hence popular) mode of play involves a party killing monsters together. A lot of poor design can be covered up if you are having fun in a party. I have not had as much fun in D3 as i have running parties farming crypts over and over again. How strange is that, all of that content and we have fun playing in two or three areas of one act?
Edited by Oakover#6193 on 1/21/2014 8:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 07:59 PMPosted by Griz
I am really sad to say because I love this game but I am already over ROS in its current version.

One thing that I have not seen mentioned is that the Beta testers are paying a price in order to hopefully give us a better game. Aside from the bug reports, they have basically given away the right to the fun and excitement of a major release. To possibly be jaded by a game which everyone will be, hopefully, excited is terrible. Regardless of how bad the game is, I know that I will have some fun playing it on release.

Griz I really hope that the game on release is good enough for you to have fun playing with us.
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 07:59 PMPosted by Griz
Hi ANZ community. I am a ROS beta tester and I have to chip in here.

Please watch the video link this guy NAILS IT !
Saves me writing another negative feedback on it.

Seriously current version of ROS is a pub with no beer. Everything this guy says about the loot and how you play the game is exactly how I evolved my play style.

With bound on acct and no player trade you will most likely not get the legend you have your sights set on and putting together one of the new or reworked 4/5 piece sets is quite frankly a dream. Powerball division 1 is more likely to happen.

Please watch this video, Here is the link again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7O6bR3KB08

I am really sad to say because I love this game but I am already over ROS in its current version.

Hmmm, this kinda makes me glad I gave my gear away, deleted my toons and quit....
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 08:49 PMPosted by Nikki
Hmmm, this kinda makes me glad I gave my gear away, deleted my toons and quit....

:( but we miss you all the same
Reply Quote
01/21/2014 08:49 PMPosted by Nikki

So sad Nikki.

Actually, this little snip I took out of one of DrothVader's posts, should be a very valid concern to each and everyone of us: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907?page=7

I don't know why people assume that every Legendary is going to be godly, because it isn't. They are subject to the same rules as rares meaning they're still random as hell. To compensate, they need to drop more frequently.

All of the Legendaries in RoS are like this, they're completely random and I welcome that. However, when you take a Legendary system that was OBVIOUSLY designed for you to be finding them quite often and you lower the droprates to a point where you see one on average every 10 hours, every time you find one that has bad rolls, you're going to get upset. And it's fine for some to have bad rolls and some to have good rolls, that is completely acceptable. It just means it's going to take longer to find them.

Let's put this into perspective another way. Let's say that I am finding a rare on average every 30 SECONDS (Which is about right for the Beta) and after 50 hours I have attained the best Rares I can. Which is about right because that's what I did.

That means it took me approximately 6000 rares to find / enchant all rares that are BiS.

If I apply the same logic to Legendaries, that means I will need about 6000 Legendaries to find all BiS gear...

Now, if I'm getting a Legendary on average say every hour, then it would take me nearly 6000 hours to get BiS Legendaries by myself. And that's with ONE EVERY HOUR. (Not to mention I have to find the RIGHT Legendary for the job so you can exponentially increase that number)

This is why the F&F droprates felt so natural and so perfect. If you're getting 1 Legendary say every 5 hours, then it will take approximately 30,000 hours to get BiS Legendaries.

People need to open their eyes to the fact that they will NEED to find Legendaries all the time. So if you think Finding 1 Legendary every hour is going to "Diminish your played time" think again.

If you look through the hundreds of posts on the forum at the moment, at the core of the majority of complaints is the low drop rates. After all the feedback that has been given on this subject, at the last patch they were again lowered. That has enraged the community, and made them feel that they are not being listened to.

Whether it is their intention to raise the drop rates before release is not important, they need to keep their community informed in order to alleviate all this, possibly needless panic.

That video link again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7O6bR3KB08
Edited by Septimus#6445 on 1/21/2014 10:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi Oak good point and I realize this is beta and a lot of changes can and will be made as you pointed out without a client side patch even and I will be there on release day have no doubt.

I just hope this main issue I have (LOOT) is tweaked before everyone sinks 30 hours into it and leaves.

Amen to that.

I didn't like dropping the whole beta line, we are all grown ups and know that. I just wanted to point out that in development terms is it possible for them to fix it. They just have to see the problem for what it is and not be scared to increase drop rates. I am sure that they will do it eventually, but as you quite rightly point out that might be too late to save the community of regular players.
Reply Quote
OP

Amazing video. We are now in the beginning of May. I wish Blizzard would have listened to this guy! His points are still spot on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]