Diablo® III

Travis Day on drop rates

01/22/2014 03:50 PMPosted by NecroVile
Or how did it go from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYbt27bRMqs

They were showing 6 legendaries in a single act 3 run.

^^^ This is what got me excited for RoS now its just 1 every 50 hours and with BoA 99% chance it will salvaged.

I weep for you Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Kill stuff. Go to town and gamble a little. Check forums. Do some Rifts. Do some Bounties. RoS is going to be awesome!
Reply Quote
Last straw for me
Reply Quote
I told you guys the drop rates weren't going up.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 03:38 PMPosted by Giggler
They realized that without trade there has to be a way to get specific legendaries or people would go crazy from RNG. So they are letting us gamble for a CHANCE at specific items.

Exactly. They can't really let it rain Legendary items so that the specific items will drop in a reasonable time frame and since we can't trade for the specific items either, this is what we get. All thanks to this BoA nonsense. Fabulous.
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 1/22/2014 4:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posted by Socs
Go to town and gamble a little. RoS is going to be awesome!

Yeah, that does sound awesome. In fact, this is what the community has been asking for since the game was released. This is what the 'selfies' meant by "playing the game" all along. This is the absolute dream from a pro-BoA point of view; stand in town and gamble. Yep, all of it is true story.
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 1/22/2014 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 03:52 PMPosted by Blueskies
I think you're all nuts for complaining over this issue.

I think you're nuts not to complain ...
Reply Quote
Wow, this is horrible!! This is pretty much the worst thing you can do to this game. Good thing I didn't pre-order yet. They want to switch from AH farming to Gamble farming. Laugh out mother-trucking loud. They have no idea what they're doing and they're fighting their fan base at every patch. INSANE!! How do they keep selling games? I hope everyone votes with their wallets and Blizz learns a valuable lesson.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 04:04 PMPosted by Vresiberba
Yeah, that does sound awesome. In fact, this is what the community has been asking for since the game was released. This is what the 'selfies' meant by "playing the game" all along. This is the absolute dream from a pro-BoA point of view; stand in town and gamble. Yep, all of it is true story.

Hahaha, indeed. Gambling is such a fun way to acquire loot, as brawling is PvP.
Reply Quote
Drop rates are about right???

I can't speak to the ROS beta, but of the paltry drops I've had in the PTR, nothing has been even close to being an upgrade to my current gear.

If the current drop rates make it into ROS live, the gear progression is going to completely suck without an AH.

At least I have Barb gear for my Crusader.
Reply Quote
Great thirteen more for the /ignore list. Getting easier to read the forum every day. It is amusing they whine no contact, then a blue post and now it I'm quitting because I don't like what he says. These people will not be happy unless they are handed the items they want every day. We see all this D2 love but as I remember it it was doing meph runs ad nausea. Now they need a legendary every few hours. I guess they forget you can't sell them anymore.

I found the section on fixing the split farming exploit more interesting. I was waiting for it. When I read Tias whine about it I knew it was going to be addressed.

I just had a furnace drop for my WD when I killed Diablo. It is a 2 handed mace but I think I'll give it a try for the fun of it. I was running with a Thunderfury that worked well but had a yellow dagger drop that does much more damage. Been swapping them out on Diablo runs to see how they work.

Edit has to up the /ignore from eleven to thirteen.
Edited by DeadRu#1893 on 1/22/2014 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 04:21 PMPosted by DeadRu
Great eleven more for the /ignore list

:*
Reply Quote
thank god this came out before the game did!!! will not buy the expansion...i've been tooo loyal and too accepting for the last 2 years....but yeah at some point giving a game it's 50th chance to get it right.... i've kept playing and playing and farming and levelling and all that...and now we see what the game really looks like....no thanks I feel like i've wasted so much time and effort

i've read SO many good suggestions and variations posted here by other players and people who wanted to make the game better...and everything was basically ignored...
Edited by xSTARREDGEx#1661 on 1/22/2014 4:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is absolutely hilarious. Really. The OP and the lemmings who followed him in this thread...priceless!!!!

Travis's post reads like this to me (because I actually read and re-read the whole thing)...

"...Over the course of F&F the unanimous feedback both internally and from the community was that the drop rates were too high..."

then...

"...For the record, I literally told people internally that I actively wanted to hear the feedback that drop rates were too low. We decisively found where too high was, we needed to find the lower bounds of reasonable

then...

"...we always intended for Kadala to be able to generate legendary items. More specifically she was intended to help give players more direct control over their ability to find specific items they were after..."

Translation;

1- "We set the drop rate extremely high at first so people could get items and test them. It was an unrealistic drop rate and we knew it."

2- Testers and the community confirmed this during the beta by saying unanimously, "Drop rates are too high!".

3- Since we now know what too high is, now we have to figure out what too low is. I lowered the drop rate accordingly and although I feel we're almost there, there's still some tuning that may occur.

4- Kadala is another way for players to obtain Legendaries IF they are not willing to farm for them.

...and now we have the usual squawking from an OP who either did not read or understand Travis's post, and a bunch of people (who are clearly as lost as he is) parroting him.

Oh Diablo 3 forums, I could never quit you...you amuse me.
Reply Quote
DeadRu is funny, this is what he said earlier:

01/20/2014 05:05 AMPosted by DeadRu
What gets me is that I've seen a couple of people, including a green, express surprise that the drop rate is lower than what's on live. Hasn't the tag line for Loot 2.0 always been "Fewer items, but more impressive" or words to that effect?

Well I guess they just can't grasp the concept of beta.

I thought it was just Beta? :D
Reply Quote
His post seem enthusiastic and looking forward to RoS..

Did his tone not seem upbeat?

I think this is a good sign myself..
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 03:05 PMPosted by morocka
After reading his post...its game over

It's incredible demoralizing reading Travis Day's post today over on the RoS General Discussion board...I'm left shaking my head thinking do they PLAY the same game the rest of us do?

Granted I don't have RoS Beta, but if the PTR drop rates are ANY indication (and by all means it looks like they are the same as RoS Beta), and if BoA is here to stay...then ladies and gents good luck finding any items worth a daym anytime soon.

I don't want things handed to me...BUT even with the current D3 vanilla drop rate system and AH in consideration...I can farm MP10 with my barb and come up with 5-10 legendary items per hr. After 2 days on the PTR and more than enough hours all I found was 2 legendary items and a bunch of useless rares. I honestly do not know how they think the items/legendary items drop rate loot tables are "fine".

This game is fraked long term if they don't change things soon...
Reply Quote
the main reason why the drop rates is low because it was determined with the Auction House in mind as part of the loot equation.

the AH will be removed.

the main reason why the drop rates is low because it was determined with Kadala in mind as part of the loot equation.

wow. glorious days for AH haters.

oh.. hai Travis. good move tho.imo.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 04:30 PMPosted by Zaskaszh
This is absolutely hilarious. Really. The OP and the lemmings who followed him in this thread...priceless!!!!

Travis's post reads like this to me (because I actually read and re-read the whole thing)...

"...Over the course of F&F the unanimous feedback both internally and from the community was that the drop rates were too high..."

then...

"...For the record, I literally told people internally that I actively wanted to hear the feedback that drop rates were too low. We decisively found where too high was, we needed to find the lower bounds of reasonable

then...

"...we always intended for Kadala to be able to generate legendary items. More specifically she was intended to help give players more direct control over their ability to find specific items they were after..."

Translation;

1- "We set the drop rate extremely high at first so people could get items and test them. It was an unrealistic drop rate and we knew it."

2- Testers and the community confirmed this during the beta by saying unanimously, "Drop rates are too high!".

3- Since we now know what too high is, now we have to figure out what too low is. I lowered the drop rate accordingly and although I feel we're almost there, there's still some tuning that may occur.

4- Kadala is another way for players to obtain Legendaries IF they are not willing to farm for them.

...and now we have the usual squawking from an OP who either did not read or understand Travis's post, and a bunch of people (who are clearly as lost as he is) parroting him.

Oh Diablo 3 forums, I could never quit you...you amuse me.

What... are you talking about?
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 04:43 PMPosted by comerain
wow. glorious days for AH haters.

I think this is funny as hell that the auction house haters are now absolutely salivating at the opportunity to buy their gear. What the hell happened to "play the game" in order to find your loot?!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]