Diablo® III

Travis Day on drop rates

Well I am not going to buy the game either, anyone missing Jay Wilson at this point?
Reply Quote
The game is going to be badder then the first one, which up until now, I didnt think was really possible.

Outstanding Blizzard!

You have released "The Crackin"

This just in, Gamespot score for ROS: 4.5
Reply Quote
Biggest mistake here is the fact that not all legendaries can be aquired via gambling. If you really want to force us to gamble you better allow every item in the game to be obtained via these means.
Reply Quote
I completely agree. This has made me very glad that I have not pre-ordered this based on what was shown at Gamescon and Blizzcon.

My two cents: I DO NOT want to gamble for my items. At All. It holds zero interest to me, it's boring. I want monsters to drop items like was stated at these conferences.

I do NOT care about enchanting items.

Both mechanisms in game are simply a way to make up for something that is just plain missing from the game. Good loot that drops from monsters.

How is using blood shards to gamble for items in town any different from using gold to buy items off the AH? Hint: it's not.

Stop telling your CUSTOMERS how it should be and make the damn game the people who pay your mortgages want.

Everyone was excited after seeing the videos from Blizzcon and Gamescon - we thought maybe you had finally figured it out.

Now I am back to playing other games secure in the knowledge that this game will never be fun for me. Right now with about 1/1000 drops being an upgrade, rares being basically pointless, and the stated direction being gambling as the vehicle to get good items, this game is only good as a cure for insomnia.

But on a personal note: Thanks for saving me 40 bucks Travis. Now I can be smart enough to get my $9 out of battle.net from selling on RMAH via Paypal too. I think I'll use it to buy something cool in POE.
Edited by Morlar#1963 on 1/22/2014 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
I do not want my loot to drop from any type of vendors - the enchantress, the vendors, the crafting and the gambling can all GO AWAY.
Reply Quote
Yeah I was about to buy the game literally but I thought...wait let me read the forums one last time to see if there is anything new I should know, and BAM was I right, man am I glad I went to the forums first. I hate gambling. So unfortunate..I really wanted RoS to be good.
Reply Quote
"Trading is a valid way to get items, but we know – and we’ve decided to put our stake in the ground – that finding a monster and killing it and getting the item is the most fun way to play. "

All the way to that unbelievable post by Travis???

Gambling?? They really think people want to spend a crap ton of time in town gambling for their gear??

Reading that post and taking into consideration the abysmal drop rates that currently exist... if what we see now is in the ballpark of their goal that means whatever improvement in drop rates that does come about is going to be minimal.

THIS. +1000000. I'm so angry after reading that post.
Reply Quote
But on a personal note: Thanks for saving me 40 bucks Travis. Now I can be smart enough to get my $9 out of battle.net from selling on RMAH via Paypal too. I think I'll use it to buy something cool in POE.

that would be one weapon effect and one skill effect enjoy. I'll play my crusader, in a new land, with new gear, and transmorg. My other characters will have new skills and new builds. guess what they will have great effects fro weapons and skills. I'll get my 60.00 worth pretty quick.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 06:14 PMPosted by TheSaint

that would be one weapon effect and one skill effect enjoy. I'll play my crusader, in a new land, with new gear, and transmorg. My other characters will have new skills and new builds. guess what they will have great effects fro weapons and skills. I'll get my 60.00 worth pretty quick.

Dude seriously Dead grow up. lol You're just insulting everyone left and right now. Put on some big boy pants and act like an adult please.

Hes not wrong, I would easily get my money out of the game. Hell, Ive already gotten my money out of the game. What other game could you play for years over and over (Besides D2)?
Reply Quote
Those ppl that dont buy RoS will have a hard time to progress.

With RoS the gear progress is sped up with:

Mystic - only 3 of 4 primary need to be "right", perfect for legendary with fixed primary and super high chances for the main+vit combo
Bloodshard Vendor - extra source for legs
Rifts - high density, high droprates. high reward at the end

Instead of drop rates being balanced around the AH they are now balanced around those features.

Cant believe they are close to the final drop rates. ofc they are fine with it, there are enough features to support it, but not for vanilla, how funny!

I doubt they will adjust vanilla droprates.

Another forced buy -.-
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 06:18 PMPosted by Matte
Those ppl that dont buy RoS will have a hard time to progress.

With RoS the gear progress is sped up with:

Mystic - only 3 of 4 primary need to be "right", perfect for legendary with fixed primary and super high chances for the main+vit combo
Bloodshard Vendor - extra source for legs
Rifts - high density, high droprates. high reward at the end

Instead of drop rates being balanced around the AH they are now balanced around those features.

Cant believe they are close to the final drop rates. ofc they are fine with it, there are enough features to support it, but not for vanilla, how funny!

I doubt they will adjust vanilla droprates.

Another forced buy -.-

Not really I am done with the game.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 04:30 PMPosted by Zaskaszh
Oh Diablo 3 forums, I could never quit you...you amuse me.
It's what has me coming back each week. <3 forums
Reply Quote
[quote]

To each their own. I like playing games that occasionally reward the player - instead of feeling like a mindless, endless job.
Edited by Morlar#1963 on 1/22/2014 7:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
"Gambling?? They really think people want to spend a crap ton of time in town gambling for their gear??"

That is exactly what they already have with the blacksmith and jewler. It is not a bad system and it worked for D2. It was actually how I spent a TON of my time back in the days (years) of diablo 2.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 06:18 PMPosted by Topher

Dude seriously Dead grow up. lol You're just insulting everyone left and right now. Put on some big boy pants and act like an adult please.

Hes not wrong, I would easily get my money out of the game. Hell, Ive already gotten my money out of the game. What other game could you play for years over and over (Besides D2)?

Minecraft. I've been playing that game for two years straight, and I don't see that changing any time soon, and the best thing of all, it cost me 13$ as opposed to 82$ for Diablo 3. Kind of put things into perspective.
Reply Quote
It's funny that the drop rate is massively nerfed from vanilla which itself is a lot less than the inefficient run where he got 6 legs anyways, and then gambling comes in (which cannot even give you the best legs, but counts as some of the legs you get)....

Yet another massive nerf marketed as a buff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]