Diablo® III

Blizz is inviting streamers to office

Multiple streamers / youtubers are invited over to Paris and have all traveling costs covered, they are even paying the travel cost for KingKongor that has to come all the way from Canada.

KingKongor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC_WGfP4EbE

Moldran:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP45BCyWZv4

Probably a good move, these guys will probably be hyping RoS more after that.
Reply Quote
hahahah keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

They will be brainwashed and come out with new videos telling us how great the game is going to be,
Reply Quote
what is there to hype for, really? I doubt this will lead to radical changes.
Reply Quote
Get ready for the propaganda.
Reply Quote
Knowing this just means that we can't trust anything good these players have to say about the game anymore... Propaganda efficiency 0%. Crisis averted.
Reply Quote
who cares? I find that both of them are hard to watch for more that a few minutes. And why Paris?
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 05:35 AMPosted by Static
who cares? I find that both of them are hard to watch for more that a few minutes. And why Paris?

Because they were probably invited by Blizz's Euro marketing team to focus on European marketing?
Reply Quote
laugh
Reply Quote
I have a feeling, this is all about marketing their product to the crowd. Imo its too late to realy change matters that count, before release.

What I'm a bit annooid about: both streamers actualy dont play the game any more. I wonder if they have any insight at all, about the state of the game after the latest patch.

Time will tell if this is of any importance.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 05:39 AMPosted by Zannis

Because they were probably invited by Blizz's Euro marketing team to focus on European marketing?

Also, both Moldran and KingKongor are European (Dutch I think, both of them) I don't think KingKongor have gotten Canadian citizenship (yet)

The Blizzard HQ for Europe is placed in France, Paris.
Reply Quote
Well, KingKongor has basically been saying the game is pointless to play right now and needs to be improved, so he's probably going because it's a free trip. Can't blame him. :)
Reply Quote
Mostly agree with the pessimism of this thread, there is however a small chance that they will get the opportunity to put across constructive criticism for the game, as reflected by their communities.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
So much jelly
Reply Quote
Similar situation to Microsoft now paying Youtubers for positive reviews of the Xbox One.

Word of mouth is the strongest form of advertising there is. Also, covering all their travel expenses still ends up being exponentially cheaper than running a tv commercial.
Reply Quote
Watch Kongor's vid, pretty sure he's not going to be hyping anything RoS. His video is pretty much saying he can't believe Blizzard invited him, he doesn't really care that much and he thinks RoS is only aiding the downfall of D3.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 04:46 AMPosted by wxmyjnsn2
hahahah keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

They will be brainwashed and come out with new videos telling us how great the game is going to be,
either the above ^ or they will be asked to show those skills. To tell Blizzard how to fix the game, I'd love to be a fly on that wall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]