Diablo® III

Blizz is inviting streamers to office

I believe to post this is to insult the rest of the diablo 3 community, because your favoring a small group of people that have been lucky enough to participate in the beta test while we all site by puppy eyed at the expansion in hopes it will resurrect the game as lod did to your last changes in diablo 2 before lod came out. If any one remember correctly the game play in the last few patches of diablo 2 really made the game hard. Where as before the economics of the game were being compared to great cities. 6 Perfect skulls for a soj 1 perfect skull was 250k gold you could get that from selling 5 items worth 50k the hole scheme was perfect. You could obtain a soj in a day or two of play from nothing. That soj was the key to all sorts of fun and enjoyment because you could obtain more and trade these for better items. Now we have no currency your trying to compete and eliminate all these party web site from exploiting your game. When really the truth is you should focus on two factors in success for diablo 3. One get your old team back of directors and creators. Lets face it they know the game mechanics inside and out tho hiring new people for better graphics too work with the old ones never hurts. Two actually try to listen to your community which clearly the 1% get's through. As we the 99% sit by idle and frustrated with the half !@# game you released tried to patch then rushed and expansion out. For what more quick money. I bet your gonna say it was a record seller. Truth is it wont be we all know many people have just boycotted the game all together.
Reply Quote
As far as I know this "community summit" is this month, right?

The other two summits before were in June!

Why the change?

Apologizes if this has already been discussed in here or if I am wrong about the date.
Edited by Kashrlyyk#2904 on 1/23/2014 10:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Guys just wait for Moldran and Kongor to return home and make youtube vids for their channels...it will be like we were all there! Problem solved :)
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Lylirra
Always appreciate the ideas and criticisms, TheSaint. Keep'm coming.

I don't see TheSaint's comments anymore in this thread or anywhere else o.O
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 09:56 PMPosted by KhaoS
01/22/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Lylirra
Always appreciate the ideas and criticisms, TheSaint. Keep'm coming.

Squelched Banhammer action? Just noticed his threads titled "Devs what they do vs. what they say" have all been deleted.
Edited by Menacetech#1216 on 1/24/2014 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnAm14JkQWU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXh6jmmrDB-vlJ_5s5Hrm4Q

movie 1 of those folks
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 10:04 PMPosted by Menacetech

Squelched Banhammer action? Just noticed his threads titled "Devs what they do vs. what they say" have all been deleted.

They banned theSaint?

I liked that guy. He is a speaker of truth.
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 10:04 PMPosted by Menacetech

Oh wow... I guess that means perm ban then even since I don't think comments go away with a temp ban.

Now I wonder what "Always appreciate the ideas and criticisms" means.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
01/25/2014 07:16 AMPosted by KhaoS
Oh wow... I guess that means perm ban then even since I don't think comments go away with a temp ban.

Both CM and FM alike can delete individual posts or threads without there being any ban in place. One has no correlation to the other. I've seen plenty of posts deleted where there was no ban issued, for instance.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
01/25/2014 07:25 AMPosted by TheTias
01/25/2014 07:16 AMPosted by KhaoS

Both CM and FM alike can delete individual posts or threads without there being any ban in place. One has no correlation to the other. I've seen plenty of posts deleted where there was no ban issued, for instance.

Except all his comments and threads ever made are gone...
Reply Quote
01/25/2014 07:25 AMPosted by TheTias

Can you look up any of TheSaint's post? Seems like all his posts were deleted. I think my posts prior to my temp ban were wiped out. Maybe that's standard policy for temp ban? Anyway, pretty lame that the "Dev's what they say vs what they do" threads got deleted.
Edited by Menacetech#1216 on 1/25/2014 7:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Actually I found the Saint a bit annoying at times. But it happens. lol
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
01/25/2014 07:30 AMPosted by Menacetech
Can you look up any of TheSaint's post? Seems like all his posts were deleted.

MVPs have no moderation powers or anything. All we get is green text. As for the individual in question, it had nothing to do with his criticism as we can tell by the number of threads around here that are critical. I am assuming he lost it somewhere and really broke the CoC in a way that got him banned and his posts wiped. If enough are bad they just nuke them all.

And Tias...I am pretty sure he got banned. He vanished in the middle of a an argument over game programing (not suggestions to improve - just some very odd thoughts about the back end of D3 and how loot was distributed). Not sure if that was the thread that did it and I missed a controversial post or if it was something else. He has not posted since so ...ban is likely.
Reply Quote
Unless you go after another forum poster/CM etc and get personal why would they ban someone for simply stating their opinion and ideas in a none vulgar way? I get that they have the right to do so regardless, but it makes them look petty and small minded.

The Tias had some excellent comments over on the RoS General Feedback board, and TheSaint made a lot of good points here on this board.

Oh well...
Reply Quote
Bump for TheSaint, people should see how Blizzard "always appreciates the ideas and criticisms"...
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Sincere question: You think it's better that we (we = community managers) don't meet with or otherwise try to work with fan sites and other influencers to figure out how we can better support the player community?

If your answer is "yes," that's cool. We'll just have to agree to disagree. But I'm curious why you think that kind of relationship and outreach isn't actually meaningful or worth the investment.

Speaking on behalf of the US community team, we think our fan site owners (like Diablo Fans and

What does any of this have to do with making great video games?

This whole strategy falls right in line with any form of lobbying/PR done in any industry. You "build relationships" with people that are influencers in your industry and it becomes very difficult for them to be impartial/critical of your product. This is public relations 101.

Hits the nail on the head. It has been done many times in different industries. Hell they teach us such stuff in my job training (graphic designer).

But I am surprised how many people here actually see it as a PR gag. There is not all hope lost for humanity after all.

01/22/2014 05:14 PMPosted by Lylirra
01/22/2014 04:32 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
I read your previous posts and my takeaway is the summit is primarily aimed at serving the community better.

Yup, that's the gist. Not just the D3 community, either -- but the SC2, WoW, and HS communities in Europe too (and maybe HOTS, but not sure; might be a little too early for that).

Anyway, all that said -- I've made note of all the feedback here and will be sure to pass it along to our EU counterparts. You can always reach out to them directly by posting in the EU forums, if you'd like, but I'm happy to act as the conduit if not.

In other words a PR stunt.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 1/25/2014 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
I use to hate Blizz but now the community is more annoying to me.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
01/25/2014 07:29 AMPosted by KhaoS
Except all his comments and threads ever made are gone...

01/25/2014 07:30 AMPosted by Menacetech
Can you look up any of TheSaint's post? Seems like all his posts were deleted. I think my posts prior to my temp ban were wiped out. Maybe that's standard policy for temp ban? Anyway, pretty lame that the "Dev's what they say vs what they do" threads got deleted.

Usually only the offending post or posts that cause the need for a temp ban are wiped out. I had firsthand experience with that when I put up a very snarky (and in hindsight very poorly written) response to Mike Morhaime's apology post back in 2012. I got a nice week long ban from all of the Blizzard fora, which also prevented me from giving out any tech support help. Since I liked helping others, that was kind of a wake up call for me and I changed my posting style dramatically. Anywho, only the snarky post was deleted (by Bashiok no less), but the rest of my posts were left intact.

I don't know what the real issue with TheSaint is or was on Blizzard's end, since they do not divulge that kind of information to us, so I can't say why all of his posts are gone. It did catch me off guard though, since even though I often disagree with TheSaint, I didn't view him as any kind of real problem. He was vocal, and there were times when he was even rather trollish, but I don't remember offhand any times where he was truly malicious, so your guess is as good as mine on that subject.

01/25/2014 08:34 AMPosted by MissCheetah
And Tias...I am pretty sure he got banned. He vanished in the middle of a an argument over game programing (not suggestions to improve - just some very odd thoughts about the back end of D3 and how loot was distributed). Not sure if that was the thread that did it and I missed a controversial post or if it was something else. He has not posted since so ...ban is likely.

Oh I have no doubt it's a ban. Permanent or not I don't know, but I also don't know why either. I may never know why in all honesty.

I won't worry too much about it since I can't do anything about it either way, but it just kind of caught me off guard. But like you, I probably just missed something he said since I don't stalk all of his posts or anything like that. I don't know the whole story, so I'll just have to accept that what is, is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]