Diablo® III

Blizz is inviting streamers to office

If you give me an all paid trip to paris, I'll give feedback and promise to tell everyone to buy ROS
Reply Quote
"key influencers"? LOL you really think streamers are some gift from god don't you. Most are P2W cc warriors only streaming to make money via leeching views/ad revenue. I guess free press for you is still free press. scummy
Reply Quote
It's a community summit, wherein in fan sites and key influencers within our different Blizzard communities are invited to the local office in Versailles to come hang out, meet other players, meet the EU community team and learn a bit more about how they operate, and provide feedback. Our EU community team does this on the yearly, and we've had similar summits here in the US as well. (To my knowledge, this is actually the first year that the EU team has invited players who aren't directly affiliated with fan sites. They've done this for something like 5 years now.)

It's not a press tour or anything of the kind. It's more about getting some members of the local community together, understanding how everyone could work together better, and generally facilitating mingling among like-minded people.

Oh so a company, simply out of the goodness of their heart, is willing to give certain members (people who stream) free passes to Paris because they want them to "mingle".

Ok.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Lylirra

It's not a press tour or anything of the kind. It's more about getting some members of the local community together, understanding how everyone could work together better, and generally facilitating mingling among like-minded people.

So....Only streamers and youtuber's are community? I can be in Paris in about 12 hours by train, and 10 if I drive :)

How about inviting the real community, and not just those doing it for the $$ ??
Reply Quote
View profile
Meh companies have been paying off dinosaur print media since forever. As always caveat emptor. Trust no marketing or reviews.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/22/2014 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why Moldran? He is streaming Hearthstone like crazy, he doesn't even know something about current beta builds and gameplay.... let alone the problems.

So its just about some Bropaganda?
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 11:00 AMPosted by Technoviking
"key influencers"? LOL you really think streamers are some gift from god don't you.

Well.. I mean... I don't like it either but it's pretty hard to deny that streamers are influential. I think celebrities and their opinions are useless, but there are thousands and thousands of people that disagree with me.

In Blizzard's defense it was the correct business move for what they are wanting to accomplish. In our defense, it's a decision that just looks bad given the state of everything.
Reply Quote
Lylirra:
It's a community summit, wherein in fan sites and key influencers within our different Blizzard communities are invited to the local office in Versailles to come hang out, meet other players, meet the EU community team and learn a bit more about how they operate, and provide feedback. Our EU community team does this on the yearly, and we've had similar summits here in the US as well. (To my knowledge, this is actually the first year that the EU team has invited players who aren't directly affiliated with fan sites. They've done this for something like 5 years now.)

Understanding how everyone could work better to do what exactly? To sell more RoS copies?
Edited by Acrimony#1433 on 1/22/2014 11:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 11:02 AMPosted by KingD
So....Only streamers and youtuber's are community? I can be in Paris in about 12 hours by train, and 10 if I drive :)

How about inviting the real community, and not just those doing it for the $$ ??

Because you're not already influential. It's business, not community love or an open forum on design direction. Business.

:(
Reply Quote

Sure looks like a press tour. You know, there's more to the community than just "streamers". Im sure there are some random folks in the community that would love a free trip. But I guess you need to stream to be part of the community.

As far as working better together..... You know actually being involved in the community, developing a trusting relationship and making a good game instead of shoving a mediocre D3 down our throats along with many unkept promises or misleading information would be a great place to start.

Mingling amongst like-minded people. Do you, and Dev's share the communities frustration and negative feedback for RoS, and D3 as well? Awesome. Welcome to the winning team.
Edited by Menacetech#1216 on 1/22/2014 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote

To gather some more feedback it would be better to do another wave of Beta invites to RoS, it's almost like the only players that are able to give RoS feedback are MVP's + Starbird.

It would beat flying Streamers over that quit playing the RoS Beta Months ago.
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 11:05 AMPosted by Monarlais

Because you're not already influential. It's business, not community love or an open forum on design direction. Business.

:(

Yup, hence the sarcasm in my post :)

This "community" meeting is nothing else than goodwill campaign despite them saying otherwise. If this were for the community, I suggest they had held an open invite, and made draws on who could participate. I can understand people like InvisUK, Moldran and others being invited, but KingKongor? He would stab them in the back for 10$.
Reply Quote
They are so obvious with their intentions lol I'm quickly growing inmune to their marketing strategies by just reading these forums.
So I guess thanks Blizzard and good for them, I would love to travel to Paris for free.

edit: With all due respect Lylirra, Skype exists for a reason :P, learning how the team operates and providing feedback could be done in other ways to actually include the "community", by going into a closed doors meeting with "key influencers" and paying them trips around the planet you're not really helping this community, your company's image or your products.
There are a lot of ways you could imporve the communication with people, podcasts, polls (relevant to the game of course), Q&As, monthly livestreams BY the devs.
What I'm trying to say is, you're paying attention to people that make a living out of your game, and don't neccesarially enjoy or provide a more meaningful feedback about it than others, and on top of that you're raising them as examples of the playerbase (they certainly are not mine) and rewarding them.
So yes this situation makes it look like you're not really going for feedback, but rather for influencing company loyalty and hype advertising.
Reply Quote

Diablo and Tyrael have more love for eachother then KK + Moldran. Good luck getting them work together.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]