Diablo® III

Playing since Launch Day & Items i've never seen drop..

I just got my first ever Ice climbers, dropped in HC (and yes they sucked and were for a different class than i play), and it made me think of all the Legendary items or even rolls on rares that are out there that i personally have never had drop in my ~1200+ hours, maybe more of playing.

This is just off the top of my head: (and none of these are "game changers")

Stone of Jordan
Mara's Kaleidascope
Crit Mempo (have had two, both rolled Magic Find)
Leorics ring (farmed for it many many hours!)
Legendary Plans for anything of any type... (do they even exist?)
Azurewrath
puzzle ring

i know there are more, but even for the items that do drop, you don't see any on a single one of my toons.

if i wanted to play a specific build as a monk for example, Tempest Rush, i personally would never have been able to without the use of the AH.

this is not a rant or anti RoS anything or "keep the AH", but in light of the recent topics here in general discussion, i really do hope that when RoS does go live and we're stuck with what drops, i hope that we're not stuck without the ability to try new or exciting builds because you never get the drop that allows it.

how about you guys, anything you've never seen drop personally and always wish had?
Edited by AnHiLaToR#1467 on 1/23/2014 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm right there with you, and I honestly don't see how it could be possible to find sets without it being way too difficult or way too easy. At least with the AH there's an equivalent sacrifice involved...
Reply Quote
Never had a Leorics or Puzzle ring drop in over 3300 hrs. The Leorics is not a fair one though as you would need to be playing Normal and how much time do you spent in normal? I think the Puzzle Ring is also a lower than il60 item.
Reply Quote
Honestly I rarely get oranges (once every 3-4 sessions) w/ 130% MF...
Reply Quote
View profile
I cannot think of a single legendary that I have not found several times. I have found two leorics from power levelling. 3 ice climbers in the last week. Azurewrath - many times. Mara's two in the last two weeks...both crap. I legendary plan in over 1600 hours. Puzzlering two that I can remember. Stone of Jordan.....just found another yesterday, again crap. I think you have had one terrible stretch of RNG.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 12:21 PMPosted by KillerElite
I think you have had one terrible stretch of RNG.

The real problem is that the OP's experience is far closer to the norm than your's, KillerElite.
Reply Quote
In RoS there's even more different Legendaries yet drop rates will be much lower, good luck :D
Reply Quote
Well it seem's I'am in good company in the bad drop department.

In 1400 hours of grind, the items I have found by myself are --

Vile Wards x2
Innas helm
Last Breath
Boj Anglers
Grand Vizier
Echoing Fury
Blade of the Warlord
and ONE SOJ ring

Any other legendary items on my chars have been gifted to me and or bought on the AH.

now thats not a very good average even in my books.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Bricktop

The real problem is that the OP's experience is far closer to the norm than your's, KillerElite.

and that sucks! shouldn't i be wearing at least one END GAME ITEM on my SC character with 55k elite kills that i found???

obviously, someone out there found all the stuff i am wearing(and i can only imagine their excitement when getting goldly drops) but it sure as hell wasn't me, and when i roll a Crusader in RoS, i'm afraid he'll be not be able to experiment with different great builds that are out there because he'll be picking up "smart loot" that's rolling DEX...

i've already filled several stashes in PTR with gear that is no better than low end gear on the AH. Makes me wonder what the future holds
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Bricktop

Maybe my experience is not the norm but I flipped, sniped and trolled the AH to get decent enough gear to farm mp 10 with all my heroes (except wiz...she sucks) and my game routine involves doing timed runs in mp 10. Everthing is about efficiency for me. I have spent the last 200 hours of playtime doing only 5 stacks in the festering woods and then the FOM. It may be boring to some but I have a slight case of OCD when it comes to doing what I view as wasting time. I had about 800m gold when I started levelling my first WD and now I am up to 1.9B which is entirely from selling crap I find and not spending anything other than repairs and crafting. The single best item I found in that time was a WH with ( I may have the stats slightly wrong ) 160 ish INT, +200 armor, 12% life, 8/48. It went for 250m at AH and it was an upgrade to what I am wearing now but I feel upgrading now would be foolish. Two days later, another WH very similar but with vit instead of life % and 40 AR instead of armor. It only sold for around 120m. Just two days ago I found a pair of innas temperance with 199 vit. I put those in the AH for 99m and they sold as soon as the 5 minute timer was up...may have undercut myelf.

My point is, I have had very long dry spells of nothing and short bursts luck. It is all about RNG and how you can stack it in your favour.
Reply Quote
01/23/2014 02:57 PMPosted by KillerElite
Maybe my experience is not the norm but I flipped, sniped and trolled the AH to get decent enough gear to farm mp 10 with all my heroes

are you wearing a single piece of gear you have found from a monster you have killed?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]